[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Cards Game

Menudo

What a frustrating game. Since the 2nd quarter started, the Cardinals have simply outplayed the Steelers in every phase of the game. If the Steelers lose this one, which it looks like will be the case, they are still 3-1, but, today proved that they aren't as good as they thought they were after the 1st 3 games.

It has been frustrating to watch. The Steelers have had no running game to speak of, Roethlisberger has looked out of synch for 3 quarters, after a good start. The offensive line has not done a good job in the running game or in pass protection. the Steelers were in more 3rd and 20+ situations than I can remember in a game. Also, I'm not putting this all on the Steelers, the Cardinals had a lot to do with it. They brought the physical play right back at the Steelers, and that is how to beat them. I'm quite sure this game meant a lot to Whisenhunt, and my hats off to him and the Cardinals for shutting us down. Also, this isn't an excuse, but, the Steelers defense is not the same without Polamalu. He makes an impact even when he isn't making the play, because defenses have to be aware of him at all times.

Combine the Steelers with a Penn State loss, and the fact that two of my fantasy teams are in the midst of embarassing points outputs, I'd say this wasn't a fun football weekend. :D

P.S........ and the Chargers just blew my 3 team teaser :D

Edited by Menudo

:D Come on Willie, get in the end zone!

By the way, my post was not giving up on my team. I still have full rights to come back and celebrate, brag, and taunt if they come back and win. :D

By the way, my post was not giving up on my team. I still have full rights to come back and celebrate, brag, and taunt if they come back and win. :D

Looks like we won't have to worry about that...

The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY looked good until they play against the NFC West. :wacko:

Next week, biaaaatch :D:D:wacko:

P.S. The 49'ers are in the NFC West

Edited by Menudo

Big win for the Cards and their new coaches. Had to be a satisfying feeling for Whisenhunt and Grimm to see AZ come back and then hold on.

The QBBC obviously has been effective for them the past couple weeks(coming close last weekend and then a win today) but what do folks think about the more medium to long-term ramifications? Is Leinart ever going to gain confidence knowing Warner will be brought in to run the NH O or when they are behind? Will the fans be calling for the other QB any time the team is struggling now? Are the coaches flirting with disaster with the QB juggling act?

And more Fantasy relevant...are either of the Cards QBs worth starting? :D

Big win for the Cards and their new coaches. Had to be a satisfying feeling for Whisenhunt and Grimm to see AZ come back and then hold on.

The QBBC obviously has been effective for them the past couple weeks(coming close last weekend and then a win today) but what do folks think about the more medium to long-term ramifications? Is Leinart ever going to gain confidence knowing Warner will be brought in to run the NH O or when they are behind? Will the fans be calling for the other QB any time the team is struggling now? Are the coaches flirting with disaster with the QB juggling act?

And more Fantasy relevant...are either of the Cards QBs worth starting? :D

I knew this was an extremely dangerous game. West coast trip, a team that can throw the ball, coaches that knew our players well and had some extra motivation to sell to their players........ in the end though, the Cardinals are a bit better, than I thought they were, and the Steelers are a bit worse than I thought they were, unfortunately.

Beer bet...beer bet...yeah.

12 pack!

Beer bets are annoying. I thought a sig / avatar bet would be good. I think it would get a lot of action on the board, considering the two teams, and both sides could probably come up with something good for the losers to wear.

I knew this was an extremely dangerous game. West coast trip, a team that can throw the ball, coaches that knew our players well and had some extra motivation to sell to their players........ in the end though, the Cardinals are a bit better, than I thought they were, and the Steelers are a bit worse than I thought they were, unfortunately.

Well said. AZ has been good for ambushing a few teams each year out there in the heat. I wouldnt panic if I were the Steelers. Road game across country without one of the leaders(Ward) and they still nearly got the win.

Cinci D sucks like a $0.25 whore. Cleveland is improving but still the Browns. Balt just proved they beatable getting jacked up by the Browns. Div should be the Steelers to lose IMO.