[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Bears - Thanks

gbpfan1231

What a pathetic excuse for a Football team. Even today they get sacks and special teams TD and they still lose.

I wish I could find the topic I started in the preseason saying this team is no good. Everyone thought they were Super Bowl bound and had blinders on.

This proves what I said - no offense, horrible QB's this team has been lucky in the past and the real team has finally showed up.

I just say thanks that they give me something to smile (actually laugh) about on a Sunday when I dread the work week.

Thanks again Chicago.

What a pathetic excuse for a Football team. Even today they get sacks and special teams TD and they still lose.

I wish I could find the topic I started in the preseason saying this team is no good. Everyone thought they were Super Bowl bound and had blinders on.

This proves what I said - no offense, horrible QB's this team has been lucky in the past and the real team has finally showed up.

I just say thanks that they give me something to smile (actually laugh) about on a Sunday when I dread the work week.

Thanks again Chicago.

You have a nice extra-douchey flavor today.

Bears problems aren't their QB's but their defense.

It was the trade of TJ that sent all sembelance of a running game out of town, which they cannot overcome. Cna't sustain drives, which leads to the D getting winded which is why they look as bad as they do.

And gbpf, when even your other homers think you're a little buddy all I can say is I'm glad you never took me up on the offer to buy you a drink when you were in town last year. What a waste of $ that would have been.

To other Pack fans, congrats on your team. All of those calling for Favre's head the past few years (I was never one of them) sure look dumb here and now.

It was the trade of TJ that sent all sembelance of a running game out of town, which they cannot overcome. Cna't sustain drives, which leads to the D getting winded which is why they look as bad as they do.

And gbpf, when even your other homers think you're a little buddy all I can say is I'm glad you never took me up on the offer to buy you a drink when you were in town last year. What a waste of $ that would have been.

To other Pack fans, congrats on your team. All of those calling for Favre's head the past few years (I was never one of them) sure look dumb here and now.

Trading TJ did hurt - Come on - It is not fun for some good old ribbing between Bear/Viking/Packer/Jions fans? As a Bear fan you must enjoy when the Pack looks horrible and goes through a few bad seasons - it is what makes you a fan.

You would not have wasted any money - any beer you would have bought would have been bought right back. I did not avoid meeting you out there - it just did not happen.

Bears problems aren't their QB's but their defense.

Their defense hasn't performed well, but is depleted by injuries. Healthy, it's still a very, very formidable unit, as are the special teams.

The real problems for the Bears are on offense. The offensive line has slipped and Benson isn't as good a back as Thomas Jones. So, their problem at QB, which was evident but manageable last year, becomes critical now. Even if it can't be a high scoring unit, the offense has to sustain some drives to rest the defense, which has been gassed by the 4th quarter. I don't think they have the personnel on offense to completely turn this around this season.

As a Packers fan, I'm loving Green Bay's 4-0 start and three game lead over the Bears, but your team's success is sweetest when your rivals are strong.

You're kicking them while they're down... :D

Anyway I could turn your Icon upside down and have you sit down? :D

I am just throwing out some smack. If you can't do it when they are down then when do you do it? I would expect nothing less when/if the Packers have a horrible game with 4 INT's.

Seems a lot of people are very uptight???

Edited by gbpfan1231

You're kicking them while they're down... :D

D'uh! That's the best time to kick them. Rubbing the salt into an archrival's wounds is time honored and great fun.

Although I do have a grudging respect for the Bears and hate the Vikings a lot more & the Lions marginally more. In fact, the Vikings are right there with the Raiders as far as my hate quotient, and I don't hesitate in the least to trash them when they suck badly.

This year is great fun.

Edited by Bronco Billy

D'uh! That's the best time to kick them. Rubbing the salt into an archrival's wounds is time honored and great fun.

Although I do have a grudging respect for the Bears and hate the Vikings a lot more & the Lions marginally more. In fact, the Vikings are right there with the Raiders as far as my hate quotient, and I don't hesitate in the least to trash them when they suck badly.

This year is great fun.

I would say the BS aprt is the "pathertic excuse" part. Um, the NFC Champs, until further notice, are pathetic? They are with half their defense hurt and having to play with their 5th f'ing CB.

It's statements like that which demonstrate either a lack of football knowledge, or someone is as dumb as he thinks the rest of us are.

I have no problem taking shots, but at least try to be intelligent about them. Sometimes, that's asking a little much on these boards.

I would say the BS aprt is the "pathertic excuse" part. Um, the NFC Champs, until further notice, are pathetic? They are with half their defense hurt and having to play with their 5th f'ing CB.

It's statements like that which demonstrate either a lack of football knowledge, or someone is as dumb as he thinks the rest of us are.

I have no problem taking shots, but at least try to be intelligent about them. Sometimes, that's asking a little much on these boards.

And from re-reading that thread, it seems gbpf was NOT as smart as he's making himself out to be: he passed up on a $700 bet that would look like a clear cut winner now, but he ran from it like a little girl, saying

Not once did I say the Packers are better than the Bears.

Which means he thinks his team is worse than pathetic.

Thanks again Chicago.

Dude...we're only 4 games in, and we play them this weekend. Why are you bringing the hex down on us like this?

prank caller prank caller prank caller (dial tone)

Dude...we're only 4 games in, and we play them this weekend. Why are you bringing the hex down on us like this?

prank caller prank caller prank caller (dial tone)

I think the Packers might just go undefeated this year...they are worried right now in Dolphin country

And from re-reading that thread, it seems gbpf was NOT as smart as he's making himself out to be: he passed up on a $700 bet that would look like a clear cut winner now, but he ran from it like a little girl, saying

Which means he thinks his team is worse than pathetic.

I did not think the Bears would be this bad. i also did not think the Packers would be 4-0 and that is why I would not take the bet. Nobody would have taken that bet and if I asked you to bet $700 on the Bears winning the Super Bowl I would not expect you to take that bet and if they went ahead and won the Super Bowl I would not think you were dumb to not take that bet. To do that would idiotic - which is kind of what your comment was.

All of this injury talk is fine and I agree somewhat. The Chargers beat the Bears before a lot of these injuries and the only team the Bears have beat are the Chiefs and all of these injuries were not in pre-season so there are other problems with this team like QB (no injuries there) and RB. The WR's don't scare anyone.

you still have awesome Special teams and a decent defense but like I said previously - you can't rely on Special teams and returning missed field goals and having every bounce go your way like in the past.

I did not think the Bears would be this bad. i also did not think the Packers would be 4-0 and that is why I would not take the bet. Nobody would have taken that bet and if I asked you to bet $700 on the Bears winning the Super Bowl I would not expect you to take that bet and if they went ahead and won the Super Bowl I would not think you were dumb to not take that bet. To do that would idiotic - which is kind of what your comment was.

All of this injury talk is fine and I agree somewhat. The Chargers beat the Bears before a lot of these injuries and the only team the Bears have beat are the Chiefs and all of these injuries were not in pre-season so there are other problems with this team like QB (no injuries there) and RB. The WR's don't scare anyone.

you still have awesome Special teams and a decent defense but like I said previously - you can't rely on Special teams and returning missed field goals and having every bounce go your way like in the past.

The main difference being I did not start one, much less two threads about how the Bears would win the SB.

The main difference being I did not start one, much less two threads about how the Bears would win the SB.

Huh??? I started off two threads that were throwing digs into the Bears for the lack of wins and a poor display of football so far this season. Being a Packer fan I will admit I get enjoyment out of the Bears futility. To me that is OK and part of being a fan and i would expect no less from a Bear fan when the pack looks terrible.

You keep bringing up how i am a jerk for not stopping in to see you in LA and that i am stupid for not taking a bet. I even threw in a few smile faces to hopefully not start a bit ch fest.

Maybe we could put a bet on this weeks game and if you win maybe I could send you some tampons or maybe a new skirt??? Again just kidding. Some fun ribbing never hurt anyone and it is what makes the Bears/Packers rivalry so fun.

The tables may turn this season and if they do i would expect the Bear fans to come out thumping there chests and ripping on the Pack. If it does I would take as fun ribbing and would not get all personal and upset about it.