[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The San Francisco 49er bandwagon

bushwacked

I'm still with the 49ers to go 9-7, the Seahawks haven't showed me anything to be thumping my chest about :D

besides winning games- they should be 4-0 actually.

the Niners look to be done- they should have lost to AZ as well- they are the 3rd best team in the NFC West

I am with Cory on Smith

Alex Smith is not a good NFL QB - he just doesn't have the ability. Limited QB

He's the only playmaker in that passing game. The others are strictly possession guys.

Well, Djax is more than just a possession guy when he is not banged up or dropping passes. But, receiving yardage is a lot tougher to get when you are on a team that does not appear to have an NFL caliber starting QB.

:D

C'mon dude, this coming from a fan of the #1 biggest bandwagon fanbase in the history of football? Get some cred by actually winning big games over the course of time to gain a tradition and come back. I will bet large that when the Hawk's window closes(smaller by the day) and they are God awful again That you will be able to get tickets at Qwest day of the game.

C'mon dude, this coming from a fan of the #1 biggest bandwagon fanbase in the history of football? Get some cred by actually winning big games over the course of time to gain a tradition and come back. I will bet large that when the Hawk's window closes(smaller by the day) and they are God awful again That you will be able to get tickets at Qwest day of the game.

Whether I'm a Hawk fan or not is really besides the point. San Fran was the trendy sexy pick, by the media and by a ton of posters at the huddle to win the NFC West and advance to the playoffs. That sentiment is what this thread was directed at.

Whether I'm a Hawk fan or not is really besides the point. San Fran was the trendy sexy pick, by the media and by a ton of posters at the huddle to win the NFC West and advance to the playoffs. That sentiment is what this thread was directed at.

Cool.but they have a lot to hang their collective hats on and they travel very well(a sign of a good fanbase). It is like betting, people tend to go with the majority. I say look out for the Niners next year and fear last years so called sexy pick the Cards this year. Though in the weakest division in the NFL the Hawks will be crowned champs hands down with 10 wins.

besides winning games- they should be 4-0 actually.

the Niners look to be done- they should have lost to AZ as well- they are the 3rd best team in the NFC West

I am with Cory on Smith

Alex Smith is not a good NFL QB - he just doesn't have the ability. Limited QB

Again, people making assessments on stats alone.

The Niners and Nolan are based like the Baltimore Ravens.

Nolan is building a stellar D first and using the ground game as their strengths on O.

I am by no means stating that ASmith is a star..he was drafted because of his Mental toughness and ability to manage an offense. The play calling for him has been completely different compared to his spread option style offense under Meyer in college.

The Niners want him to hand left , hand right...............dont throw picks that will hurt you and manage the team, plus, lead.

Opening it up down field is rare as is throwing 30+ times a game.

He was able to open it up a little against Pitt and looked somewhat good. But the OLine from last year, that hasnt changed ,is old and overweight.

Gore is feeling it as so is Smith.

Having 3 different OC's in 3 years and your current one has no experience also puts you in a bind. Vanilla playcalling.

People outside of SF dont realize the situation going on here until someone informs them.........thats my job :D

Edited by Let It Ride

Cool.but they have a lot to hang their collective hats on and they travel very well(a sign of a good fanbase). It is like betting, people tend to go with the majority. I say look out for the Niners next year and fear last years so called sexy pick the Cards this year. Though in the weakest division in the NFL the Hawks will be crowned champs hands down with 10 wins.

weakest division in football? you have to be joking- that would be AFC East or the NFC South.

I think the only division that is clearly better is the AFC South. The rest are a toss up.

Again, people making assessments on stats alone.

The Niners and Nolan are based like the Baltimore Ravens.

Nolan is building a stellar D first and using the ground game as their strengths on O.

I am by no means stating that ASmith is a star..he was drafted because of his Mental toughness and ability to manage an offense. The play calling for him has been completely different compared to his spread option style offense under Meyer in college.

The Niners want him to hand left , hand right...............dont throw picks that will hurt you and manage the team, plus, lead.

Opening it up down field is rare as is throwing 30+ times a game.

He was able to open it up a little against Pitt and looked somewhat good. But the OLine from last year, that hasnt changed ,is old and overweight.

Gore is feeling it as so is Smith.

Having 3 different OC's in 3 years and your current one has no experience also puts you in a bind. Vanilla playcalling.

People outside of SF dont realize the situation going on here until someone informs them.........thats my job :D

that is all fine but

managing games and not throwing picks just does not win you games in the NFL anymore.

You need a QB that can make some plays, and I just don't think Alex Smith is able to do that.

You obviously need to start watching the games because the team is regressing over the last 4 weeks. If they had an organizational hierarchy in the front office (as they used to), I would think that the GM would have Mike Nolan in his office this morning and ask what the hell that was masquerading as an offensive line out there yesterday.

I like Nolan's personality and demeanor for the most part, but that performance would have made me vomit if I was a 49er fan. As mediocre as the Seahawk offense was, and as bad as the Seahawk special teams performed, the 20 point margin of victory could have been 40.

that is all fine but

managing games and not throwing picks just does not win you games in the NFL anymore.

You need a QB that can make some plays, and I just don't think Alex Smith is able to do that.

He made them in college when he was able to let loose........

ran for 700+ yards and 10 TD's in 2004.

threw for 3500+ yards and 32 TD's in 11 games in 2004.

Beat your Arizona team 23-6 @ Zona'.in 04'.......................the KID is being held back from what he was successful with in college.......again hes no Pro Bowler , but lets see what he can do before you cast judgment after 1.5 years of inconsistencieswith coaches,off. schemes and age.

You obviously need to start watching the games because the team is regressing over the last 4 weeks. If they had an organizational hierarchy in the front office (as they used to), I would think that the GM would have Mike Nolan in his office this morning and ask what the hell that was masquerading as an offensive line out there yesterday.

I like Nolan's personality and demeanor for the most part, but that performance would have made me vomit if I was a 49er fan. As mediocre as the Seahawk offense was, and as bad as the Seahawk special teams performed, the 20 point margin of victory could have been 40.

If you read my reply,.............it was toward the claims of Alex Smith. I too agree and have watched every game of the Niners. I was at the Seahawk game and puked myself.

I stated the OLine was in shambles..............so I dont understand how you claim I need to watch the games??????

Yes the 20 point win could of easily been 40....with the interceptions and starting field position the hawks got was amazing.....shows you the Niners D is pretty good.

On the other hand with the special teams play (onside kick,run backs and Defensive plays) , teh Niners with Smith and an avergae Oline could of made this a game of things if given the playcalling a little more creativity and downfield opportunties.

Edited by Let It Ride

He made them in college when he was able to let loose........

ran for 700+ yards and 10 TD's in 2004.

threw for 3500+ yards and 32 TD's in 11 games in 2004.

Beat your Arizona team 23-6 @ Zona'.in 04'.......................the KID is being held back from what he was successful with in college.......again hes no Pro Bowler , but lets see what he can do before you cast judgment after 1.5 years of inconsistencieswith coaches,off. schemes and age.

Toretta, Ware, White, Leaf, Couch, and on and on the list is long of college studs who can't play at this level

that was college my man- plenty of QB's crushed college and flamed out in the NFL- I don't think he has the tools- I could be wrong- but that is what I see when I watch him.