[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears vs Packers

Chavez

The ref said "challenging the spot of the ball" which is what I heard. Sounds like a little backtracking to me.

I can see why they wouldn't want to for abuse of its use, but in a game where you only get 2, maybe 3, challenges that doesn't seem like much of a concern.

I heard the ref say that they were challenging the spot of the ball that resulted in a first down...not necessarily those exact words...but along those lines.

I think a watch of NFL Network is warranted as this play may be a topic in the discussion with the head Official for the NFL. I hope this question is brought up. My carrier dropped NFLN...so could y'all watch for this this week.

Edited by TheShiznit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the ref say that they were challenging the spot of the ball that resulted in a first down...not necessarily those exact words...but along those lines.

I'm pretty sure you can only challenge the spot of a ball when it involves a first down or a TD.

Edited by bushwacked

Well, that was pathetic. Hats off to the Bears for hanging in and making plays down the stretch.

My input? What Fatman said.

It's a potato/potatoe thing with turnovers - if it's your guys, you figure they are almost ALWAYS preventable; if it's your D, you think they did a great job. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle - Favre gift-wrapped that int to Urlacher, but Griese's int was a pretty dumb throw as well, if a slightly more impressive play. Ayanbadejo is justifiably a Pro Bowl special teams guy, but a vet like Woodson has to know to keep the ball under wraps in that situation - that took a pretty nice plus-play for Green Bay into a negative. I didn't see Jones fumbles, but after the first one the second is inexcusable.

Basically, it's your standard upset formula - the better team keeps making mistakes and letting a lesser opponent hang around, and all of the sudden they're on the butt end of the scoreboard.

4-1 isn't as good as 5-0 obviously, but I'm not too awful worried - the running game finally got clicking in the 1st half (would've been nice if it had continued to do so, but that was the way the game went), and the game shouldn't have even been close; kudos to the Bears for hanging tough - especially their D, their offense was at best average, and GB managed to eliminate Hester on the special teams front - and shame on Green Bay for 12 penalties and 5 turnovers.

If not for Jones' fumbles I think the game would have been over in the first half. He's young and he and the team will learn. Naturally no one likes losing but the running game and defense were bright spots. By week 8 or 10 this may be a vastly better team.

Hats off to the Bears. We'll meet again.