[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Norv Turner finish the year as the SD HC?

Grits and Shins

Then you are a bigger homer than any of us. Is UT stiing next to you? Say "Hi" from his buds on the boards!

Well let's see, we beat you last year, right? The defense has gotten into Rivers head before, right? #6 Defense in the league thank you. Now do I think the Chiefs are playoff bound? no, but they sure are moving in the same direction as last year. Flat out the defense is becoming dominate and with Bowe, Gonzo and LJ, with Kennison coming back next week, the offense is coming around. Still think they need to insert Croyle though.

So much potential and talent. To be Turner-ized like that.

And such sweet new uni's btw! Couldn't they have gone with the baby blues though? Those are still my favorite. And Tomlinson with the Vader mask.

Hmmm... mybe it's th elethal combo of being Norv'd AND those lame, patsy-blue uniforms that mixed into a lethal coctail?!?!?

:D

As a skins' fan and having to endure Norv for almost 7 years, I can tell you he is a poor excuse for a head coach. Some of us skins' fans still have Norvitis. It's when you expect the team to come up small in every big game, expect them to shoot themselves in the foot on a big drive, not being prepared to play etc. Pretty much everything a team w/ a poor HC does. I don't know how he got another HC job.

My brother is a professional sportswriter and finally joined my fantasy football league this year. He has never played before. He told me if he gets the #1 pick he will not pick LT and will not draft any Charger players because Norv Turner is an idiot head coach. He said they probably won't even go 8-8 this year. I counseled him that he would be crazy not to take LT and FF is all about individual performances. Bro is currently in first place in my FF too :D

My brother is a professional sportswriter and finally joined my fantasy football league this year. He has never played before. He told me if he gets the #1 pick he will not pick LT and will not draft any Charger playersbecause Norv Turner is an idiot head coach. He said they probably won't even go 8-8 this year. I counseled him that he would be crazy not to take LT and FF is all about individual performances. Bro is currently in first place in my FF too :D

So your bro is saying that there at least 10-12 better RB's and TE's that he would rather have than LT and Gates?? :D

No doubt Turner is a crappy HC but maybe lofty expectations doomed him and this team from the start. Coming in and trying to improve on a lofty 14-2 season is a pressure cooker of a spot to be in. Four games in does not make a season with a lot of football yet to be played. Sunday's loss is alarming but the Chargers have the talent to turn things around. They certainly can't play much worse. I say Turner stays on for the season and the Chargers finish a disappointing 9-7 or 10-6. BUT if they go to the playoffs and win a playoff game wouldn't that be having a better season than last year?

So your bro is saying that there at least 10-12 better RB's and TE's that he would rather have than LT and Gates?? :D

He did say with the first round pick he'd go with Addai or Sjax before LJ or LT because he felt the SD and KC offenses would struggle. He had the 7th pick and took FWP which was very hard for him-he hates the Steelers. I would guess if he had a choice between a 2nd tier WR or Gates he would have chosen a WR. This is his first FF year and did a pretty good job of drafting except for taking Colston, and tonight he's probably regretting Palmer. He beat me week 2 and I had the second most points in the league that week. He had Palmer, C. Johnson, B. Edwards, and J. Lewis. He had 10 TDs that week.

The talking heads were discussing which coaches were on the hot seat this year if they don't get it done and they mentioned Norv Turner as one of them because the team was 14-2 last year. That means there is no excuse but the coach if they don't do well this year. LT said it all in his press conference today by not saying hardly anything. He knows he needs the ball for this team to be successful. He had 116 yards by the 2nd quarter and then they try and get cute with Rivers throwing the ball. Bad Idea as all you have to do is look at the play where LT was wide open in the flat and Rivers prefers to stare him down and hold the ball. Happened all day long.

Did you know that KC hasn't had a Defensive touchdown is years! Rivers stopped that streak, the guy has no pocket presence at all. To think this team could have Payton Manning.............Managment will doom this team every time. It's a sad day for San Diego fans and sadly enough my wife and I are two of them.

Only hope is Norv goes 8-8 and gets the axe........here's to wishful thinking............

you're a moron. i love how everything falls on one player, Rivers in this case, when things don't go well. Rivers has been excellent for the Chargers. Can you tell me what he's looking at downfield when he's searching for a WR to throw to? didn't think so. and to say he has no pocket presence is rediculous. the kid is very poised most of the time. he might be feeling pressure because he's got two very young, inexperienced WRs. no McCardell, no Parker. when teams struggle its much more than one player. as an example, did you see the TD pass that VJ dropped in the 4th?

i've even heard going into the KC game that LT is running poorly. well, he didn't score 31 TDs last year without Oline help and he's not gonna do much without help this year either.

Edited by rebdog

The Chargers record doesn't surprise me at all. What did surprise me was all the "expurts" who were picking SD to compete for the championship, (Vegas, I'm talking to you) , completely ignoring the fact that the entire coaching staff was changing over.

Let's hope Norv keeps letting Rivers throw the rock around next week in Denver. :D

[qoute=from linked article] bigfatdog11(Q) Nick, don't you think San Diego fans need a reminder as to why Marty was fired? Listening to the postgame radio yesterday, even the guys doing the show had forgotten Marty forced his own exit after the coordinators left. Not having Marty around right now isn't the problem, and somebody in the media should say it - even though it's unpopular to stick up for Turner.

NickCanepa(A) It's been well documented. Marty orchestrated his own firing. People forget what a horrible job Marty and his coordinators did in that playoff loss. Remember when Marty said: "We had a good 4th and 11 play" and didn't try the field goal? Nobody in the history of football has had a good 4th and 11 play. There was some panic on the sideline during that game. Why didn't Marty order more second-half touches for LT? Why do so many people want him back when, during his tenure here, I'd say 95 percent of my e-mailers wanted him gone?

Link to Q&A Article with SD Journalist

Just so you all know it is not me. Marty wanted out. San Diego fans should know this. Marty sabotaged the coaching situation knowing that he would not be offered more than a one year extension by letting all the coaches go and forcing his own exit.

Now, given that, who were they gonna hire that late? It had to be other teams coordinators, and the "hot guys" had already been swallowed up. The one guy I wanted to see was Ryan Jr from Baltimore come in and take this thing to the next level. At least the defense would have stopped somebody and any fool can hand the ball to LT 30 times a game.

I am still in the :wacko: mode as to how badly I misjudged what was going on with this team. I don't live there any more and its harder to "keep up" with the guys I know that work in and around the team. I used to go to a lot of the open practices as well and that gives you a good sense of what is going on as well. I thought any moran could coach this group to 10 wins, but I am not sure that is going to happen from what I have seen on the field.

The worst thing is that the talent is there, and it will get another year older waiting for a new coach (if they change) and then a year to get used to a new system. Two years down the sh!tter and the window could be gone! :wacko:

ME? I think I would hit the panic button right now and fire at least Cottrell and let Rivera go to a 4-3. The players and depth are there. Merriman or Phillips could put a hand on the ground and play end. OR, Cesaire could work at tackle with the other two on the outside. The biggest problem as I see it is NOT the offense as much as it is not being able to stop anybody. They gave up 30 points only twice last year! :D

:D:wacko::wacko::D