[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy's injury could be career threatening...

kpholmes

Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Cadillac Williams (knee) suffered a potentially career-threatening torn patellar tendon in his right leg Week 4, according to a source close to Williams. Williams is expected to see renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews Monday, Oct. 1, according to a member of Williams' family.

:D

Nothing is going right for him. Poor guy.

Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Cadillac Williams (knee) suffered a potentially career-threatening torn patellar tendon in his right leg Week 4, according to a source close to Williams. Williams is expected to see renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews Monday, Oct. 1, according to a member of Williams' family.

:D

Nothing is going right for him. Poor guy.

That sucks, seemed like he was turning the corner.

Why would you pray for another guy's career?

Seriously, I don't wish ill upon anyone, but I couldn't give a rat's ass if Williams ever sees the field again.

No kidding. What's he made, about $10 million in the NFL so far?

I'd hate to see his career end but as long as he can still walk, forgive me for not lighting a candle for him at mass on Sunday.

Why would you pray for another guy's career?

Seriously, I don't wish ill upon anyone, but I couldn't give a rat's ass if Williams ever sees the field again.

Why not? A little good vibe sent never did any harm. I found it worse that the biggest topic on this board's mind was who was going to help their fantasy team better Pittman or Graham...

Are you stockpiling them for a rainy day? or are you setting them aside for long term investments?

No, I'm keeping things in perspective. If you'd like to spend your time praying for a guy who got a $10+ million check a couple of years ago but may have to find a new line of work now, be my guest.

No, I'm keeping things in perspective. If you'd like to spend your time praying for a guy who got a $10+ million check a couple of years ago but may have to find a new line of work now, be my guest.

I'm not telling you who to pray for, your post just read really funny to me. I absolutely get your point though. I have friends in Iraq who are going through a lot more on a daily basis.

I hate to see that happen to young guys. They have suffered so much to get to their dream and pooff one play and it's all over. Makes my heart ache for em.........I hope he gets better soon and has a fruitful life...........Hard to think what it must feel like to be him. Just heart breaking.......

I'm not telling you who to pray for, your post just read really funny to me. I absolutely get your point though. I have friends in Iraq who are going through a lot more on a daily basis.

Apologies if I came off a bit callous, but Caddy has millions in the bank (or at least he SHOULD) and the NFL's disability and pension funds. Even if he walks with a limp for the rest of his life, he's better off financially and medically than 99% if the people who post here.

That said, I hope that he's able to continue doing what he loves to do.

ya got to be kidding, I'd wish anyone with a injury the best regardless of money...

No Sega! - Swerski, saying you won't light a candle for a guy simply because he's a millionaire is a new low on this board.

He's got hurt, seriously, for cryin' out loud. Drop the hyperbole for once and show a little consideration for a fellow human being, you little buddy. :D

edited to chnage: buddy for d o o sh .

Edited by Pope Flick

Apologies if I came off a bit callous, but Caddy has millions in the bank (or at least he SHOULD) and the NFL's disability and pension funds. Even if he walks with a limp for the rest of his life, he's better off financially and medically than 99% if the people who post here.

That said, I hope that he's able to continue doing what he loves to do.

You are sick..........This was this kids dream to play football in the NFL. Can you even possibly imagine what his family must be feeling right now? You callous piece of .............This guy sacrificed to become the best that he could in order to make it in the NFL. His dream was to play football and his family shared those dreams wth him. His mom, his dad, brothers and sisters, friends and mentors. You have to be the coldest human being on the planet if you think MONEY is what makes these guys get up at the crack of dawn and work their tails of year after year, sacrificing their families so they can avoid injuries like this and play at the untimate level that is the NFL. YOUR WRONG. They love this game and have given their lives to play it and to have it end like this, is devastating at best and money doesn't make it feel any better. Years from now he may be happy he has a little scratch but I bet he will suffer the rest of his life as to what could have been for him. Look at Farve, Rice, Young, Montana, Brown, Aikman, Irvin and I can go on and on. They are rich and never wanted to leave the game. Jordan is another example.............The love the game dude, they love it. Out of all the college players in the country only about 300 make the NFL every year. OUT of thousands and thousands of kids. Money is obviously an important part of the game but to say it's an injury cure or somehow solace is sick man.........

Now slither off into your slimy hole you slug for saying such a thing. Think about it and post here to ask for forgiveness because half a$$ appology is weak, if you have any kind of human compassion at all. I will assume you didn't think before you ran your mouth but give it some thought............You deserve to get slapped for that one.............

Edited by Cowboyz1

That said, I'm going to save my prayers for people with REAL problems, like Kevin Everett.

You think Caddy's family and friends are any more consolible then Everett's. Prayers are free and plentiful, if you didn't know and we all could use them for one reason or another. By the way who made you pain and suffering sherriff of the world.......... :D

I dont believe any tear in anything is career threatening anymore. Hell, what McGahee went through was actually "career threatening" A tear, while serious, and always season ending is not what I could call career ending. Not even close with the technology now. Unless I"m forgetting someone of course.

On a side note, the Panther D has ended seasons for someone in each of the past 3 years. Culpep, Simms, Pace and now probably Williams. Not proud or anything, just something I've noticed.

You are sick..........This was this kids dream to play football in the NFL. Can you even possibly imagine what his family must be feeling right now? You callous piece of .............This guy sacrificed to become the best that he could in order to make it in the NFL. His dream was to play football and his family shared those dreams wth him. His mom, his dad, brothers and sisters, friends and mentors. You have to be the coldest human being on the planet if you think MONEY is what makes these guys get up at the crack of dawn and work their tails of year after year, sacrificing their families so they can avoid injuries like this and play at the untimate level that is the NFL. YOUR WRONG. They love this game and have given their lives to play it and to have it end like this, is devastating at best and money doesn't make it feel any better. Years from now he may be happy he has a little scratch but I bet he will suffer the rest of his life as to what could have been for him. Look at Farve, Rice, Young, Montana, Brown, Aikman, Irvin and I can go on and on. They are rich and never wanted to leave the game. Jordan is another example.............The love the game dude, they love it. Out of all the college players in the country only about 300 make the NFL every year. OUT of thousands and thousands of kids. Money is obviously an important part of the game but to say it's an injury cure or somehow solace is sick man.........

Now slither off into your slimy hole you slug for saying such a thing. Think about it and post here to ask for forgiveness because half a$$ appology is weak, if you have any kind of human compassion at all. I will assume you didn't think before you ran your mouth but give it some thought............You deserve to get slapped for that one.............

Listen man, I think you should relax a little. I think his point is people throw prayers around for everything now a days. When you have people who may never walk again, and almost lost their life, or players that actually do lose their life, they're certainly worth a prayer up and above someone only being able to make millions in the media or making appearances. I get his point, and think you're being a bit over the top. Of course none of us would want to see a player never be able to do what he loves again, but to "keep him in our prayers" is a bit of a stretch. Although, prayers are free, some people actually believe in keeping prayers to a minimum and not over doing it. They truly believe they're asking God for a favor. I personally think you get what you pay for when it coms to prayer and I dont like to talk to myself. But that's a tailgate debate, and I dont do tailgate.

Now, no one is saying you shouldn't pray for him, but to act the way you just did sort of voids your purpose, of being a good and caring person.

But to act the way you just did sort of voids your purpose, of being a good and caring person.

Good point.......I did the same thing he did, ran my mouth out of emotion without thinking. Maybe he didn't deserve both barrels but it's still not right to judge one guys misfortune over another that's all.

Good point.......I did the same thing he did, ran my mouth out of emotion without thinking. Maybe he didn't deserve both barrels but it's still not right to judge one guys misfortune over another that's all.

:D good for you to be able to see it from my point of view, and acknowledge. many people around here cannot do that, and I appreciate it. Dont want to step on your toes, I just felt like chiming in. On the other side, you have a valid point that who are we to say that Caddy's situation isn't worthy of prayer. Everyone has their own level of everything, and some people would rather die than lose their dream. Caddy may be one of them. From a purely physical and emotional stand point, I'm sure we all agree that Everett's situation is much worse, and was certainly worse the hours after his injury. I'm sure everyone who knows and loves him would do ANYTHING to trade his injury with Caddy's and I think that was the other point.

Anyway, I'll be on my way now.

As a fan of the game, I wish him well and hope for the best. It's never good when a career is cut short due to an injury. I don't have a lot of long term sympathy for someone who makes millions as with that money comes the risk. But the best of luck to him in the short term.

I do wonder how much renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews has made off of the NFL in recent years though. It seems that just about every player sees him. I bet he just saves the 8-12AM slot Monday mornings for the NFL...