[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

carolina panthers

LooGie

Why is that? anyone have any idea? They have sucked at home for the past few years, and I just dont get it.

Carr really disappointed me today. He was throwing the ball WAY too hard half the time and while those WRs need to catch those, they were bound to have drops. He was out of control. OUT OF CONTROL.

I just can't put my finger on it, and no one ever can, what this team is lacking. It's something somewhere. Foster has been very good this season (relatively speaking of course) and Williams has been pretty bad. (albiet not being used very much either) A stud RB wouldn't have done it today. I gotta believe it's the QB position. We never have those back to back 1st downs from pass plays like IND or NE or CIN or even DET do. I know all Panther fans everywhere breathe a sigh of relief when we complete a 12 or 13 yarder for a first down because we honestly never know. It's actually pretty rare, unless it's a 70 yard bomb to smitty, or a quick pass to smitty that goes for 12 or 13 (or 70). Both with Delhomme and certainly with Carr, we just dont have that stellar play from the QB position.

In fact, I can't remember a time in the past 2 years where our QB has won the game for us. It's always always Smitty. I'm reallly getting sick of it.

I know we're only 2-2, but both losses are at home, and we had no business giving up those big plays to HOU or TB. Our DEF has really sucked this year, and Pep is non existent. I'm actually thinking of dropping him in my FF league.

I just dont get it. I really dont. The play calling is much better this year, but still lacking something. I keep coming back to the QB position. It has to be the play of our QB that is leaving points on the field.

Edited by LooGie

I feel your pain, man! I own 2 seats and fork out hard earned money to see my Panthers each game at home, but I am certainly got getting my money's worth, as the product they have put on the field has been horrible lately. I love going to the games, but the way the team has been playing since December into this year is just getting hard to stomach. In the last 7 homes game, we are 2-5 with only wins against the crappy Bucs (last year's version) and the Rams. The five losses.... Cowboys 35-14 (after being 14-0 against the Cowboys), Giants 27-13, Steeler 37-3, Texans 34-21 and Bucs 20-7. Both games this year were not even as close as the final score indicates so we are just flat out playing like crap in every facet of the game. We are getting beat by an average of 19 points per game at home, which just should NOT happen, let alone on a regular basis like we are getting used to. :D Fox was great when he came in back in 2002, and I still think we can be a good football team, but I think Fox is getting very close to losing this team if some changes aren't made soon. :D I would rather see some teammates going at each other after a blown play or assignment vs. just sitting down on the bench after the offense has gone 3 and out for the fourth time of the game. At least a good arguement between teammates would show some passion and pride in what you are doing and other than Jake, SS and Kris Jenkins, none of the other Panthers seem to show much passion or heart at all..

If you look at our 3rd down effeciency... we are just plain bad on offense and defense as both units have their share of problems, as the O can't stay on the field and the defense can't get off the field. The D and the STs are putrid, so as much as our fans were calling for Henning's head.... Fox should have cleaned house and taken care of Trgovac and Danny Crossman (ST) and shown them the door too. Fox's game plan is to play tough team, play the field position using your STs to get short fields for the O and run the ball to control the clock.... It is working perfectly for the opponent in each game NOT working out to well for the Panthers. We had very good STs when Scotty O'Brien was here and the D has gone downhill since Trgovac has replace Del Rio years ago. We try to rush 4 to get pressure, but it is very apparent one month into the season the DL is not getting it done, with 2 sacks in 4 games. :wacko:

If things don't turn around shortly, our season will slip away and Fox's tenure may end at the end of this season along with Hurney, as they are NOT getting the job done. :wacko::wacko:

Edited by PSULions

Its the fans that suck. The bad karma just flows downward onto the field. :D

Blaming the fans is just crap! Were you at the game?

I certainly give my team all that I go to at the games..... I stand up... yell... clap... whatever I can do to help fire up the team, but it gets hard to to 3 or 4 quarters into the game after the home team has given you .... :D 3 things to cheer for deep into the game...

1) Fumble recovered by the D after it looked like the Bucs were going to score their 3rd TD of the game in the 2nd Qtr.

2) Carr's head first dive to pick up a 1st down after it was 3 and 14. The crowd really got into that and I was hoping for the O to be fired up after that play.

3) The goalline stand to keep the 17-0 at 17-0.

Each time the crowd try hard to keep it up, but in each instance, the Panthers were not able to take the momemtum of those big plays to build on it and keep the crowd motivated to stay on their feet. Am I supposed to stand up an cheer for yet another punt by Jason Baker after not picking up another 1st down after Carr's highlight play? Am I supposed to stay on my feet when not once, but twice our DL line goes offsides to give the TB offense another first down to extend their 11 play - 66 yd. drive for the opening TD? Our team flat out has been terrible at home so expecting the fans to feed the emotion for the team is ridiculous..... If they start playing better and making some BIG plays, the crowd will get up and feed them with our energy, but until the team stops laying rotten eggs at home.... how in the $#^* can you blame the fans! :wacko::wacko:IDIOT!

Blaming the fans is just crap! Were you at the game?

I certainly give my team all that I go to at the games..... I stand up... yell... clap... whatever I can do to help fire up the team, but it gets hard to to 3 or 4 quarters into the game after the home team has given you .... :D 3 things to cheer for deep into the game...

1) Fumble recovered by the D after it looked like the Bucs were going to score their 3rd TD of the game in the 2nd Qtr.

2) Carr's head first dive to pick up a 1st down after it was 3 and 14. The crowd really got into that and I was hoping for the O to be fired up after that play.

3) The goalline stand to keep the 17-0 at 17-0.

Each time the crowd try hard to keep it up, but in each instance, the Panthers were not able to take the momemtum of those big plays to build on it and keep the crowd motivated to stay on their feet. Am I supposed to stand up an cheer for yet another punt by Jason Baker after not picking up another 1st down after Carr's highlight play? Am I supposed to stay on my feet when not once, but twice our DL line goes offsides to give the TB offense another first down to extend their 11 play - 66 yd. drive for the opening TD? Our team flat out has been terrible at home so expecting the fans to feed the emotion for the team is ridiculous..... If they start playing better and making some BIG plays, the crowd will get up and feed them with our energy, but until the team stops laying rotten eggs at home.... how in the $#^* can you blame the fans! :D:wacko:IDIOT!

My, touchy aren't we. :wacko:

Let's just stay I am pissed out about what I watched yesterday... If you want to pick on my underperforming team go have at it, they certainly deserve it. I am just extremely frustrated by the teams inability to play well at home and with the Colts coming at the end of October, it looks like we will be 0-3 at the end of this month.

I am a true, fan and I root hard for my team, so if someone wants to pick on me (as a Panther fan that has season tickets), I am going to share my opinion and defend myself.

Based on your funny comment about me being touchy.... I am guessing you were either fishing or just having a little fun with your comment. So, I will take it for just that.... Several people around the area get on the fans about our Home "Disadvantange" so I am also a little sick about people picking on the fans that go to the games. The team has been stinking it up as you can see from some of the stats that I mentioned so it is VERY hard to get crazy to build up your team when their performance on the field has been horrible.

No harm, no foul.... just try to had some thoughts if you want to help figure what we are trying work as a team. :D

Edited by PSULions

At least Kris Jenkins is pissed...

"In perhaps the most emotional locker room outburst in franchise history, Kris Jenkins ripped his teammates. Jenkins wasn’t asked a question to start the outburst and he wouldn’t take questions at the end. But here’s the entire text of what he had to say in between:

You all ready (clears throat)? All right, I’m going to be honest. I think the players owe the fans an apology. I would be as upset as they are if I had to sit in the stands for four hours and look at that garbage. I’m going to be honest with you. That’s what it was, garbage. "

Let's just stay I am pissed out about what I watched yesterday... If you want to pick on my underperforming team go have at it, they certainly deserve it. I am just extremely frustrated by the teams inability to play well at home and with the Colts coming at the end of October, it looks like we will be 0-3 at the end of this month.

I am a true, fan and I root hard for my team, so if someone wants to pick on me (as a Panther fan that has season tickets), I am going to share my opinion and defend myself.

Based on your funny comment about me being touchy.... I am guessing you were either fishing or just having a little fun with your comment. So, I will take it for just that.... Several people around the area get on the fans about our Home "Disadvantange" so I am also a little sick about people picking on the fans that go to the games. The team has been stinking it up as you can see from some of the stats that I mentioned so it is VERY hard to get crazy to build up your team when their performance on the field has been horrible.

No harm, no foul.... just try to had some thoughts if you want to help figure what we are trying work as a team. :D

Yeah, I apologize, I was just yanking your chain. Its not like your guys boo Santa, at least y'all have that much class.

Edited by DKF

I haven't really changed my tune as the Panther's have had only one good week against the Rams, and based on the Rams.... that isn't saying much. The Panthers seem to play much better on the road then they do at home and if they keep playing like that did against the Texans and the Bucs, will will be around 6-10 or so after the season is done.

It is a little funny how all the pundits were ready to annoint the Panthers as a Super Bowl contender after losing to the Seahawks back in 2005 and we feel or our faces last year with an 8-8 record, while the Panthers have been picked to finish 2nd behind the Saints after their great year in 2006. Everyone including me thought for sure that the Saints would be the team to beat, but clearly after the end of September, the Bucs seem to be the class of the NFC South. :D

I don't mean that in a bad way.... just poking fun at the ESPN, CNNSI and CBS writers that thought the Saints, Bears and the Chargers had already punched their ticket to the playoffs.... Who would have thought those three teams would be a combined 2-9 at the end of September.... :D

I am glad we are playing you guys at the SuperDome next week as I think we will play better next week... hard to NOT after their effort yesterday...

I am glad we are playing you guys at the SuperDome next week as I think we will play better next week... hard to NOT after their effort yesterday...

Looking forward to it. :D

If our line doesn't turn things around on Sunday you'll easily double your season sack totals....

I wish I knew? I watched the first TB drive and simply said..." They are no where to be found today?" The funny thing was I said to myself-"Jenkins is the only one trying"......and after getting word of his locker room tirade(rightfully so), it would appear I'm not blind. If Delhomme does have to have surgery....it's over. I have No Answers for the enigma that is the Carolina Panthers.

I just hope that this doesn't start to effect Smitty. That guy always does everything he can, on every single play, and if he gets tired of doing it all himself, he might become a cancer. I dont think he's that type, but lets face it...losing creates all sorts of problems.

You fuggers are fuggin with my karma......I need a beer. John Fox looks like a man being led to the gallows.....the Big Cat is watching from his skybox in the "sky".....and you are stinking it up royal at home. He will make Cowher an offer he can't refuse their John.

You fuggers are fuggin with my karma......I need a beer. John Fox looks like a man being led to the gallows.....the Big Cat is watching from his skybox in the "sky".....and you are stinking it up royal at home. He will make Cowher an offer he can't refuse their John.

as i think about it, would it be the GM that is causing the problems?

We let good players walk, and keep players that have no business being starters.

Of course it's Fox's call on who starts, and I feel there's some problems there. Foster is playing good, but now they're forgetting about William (who's been lackluster, but certainly not being used in the passing game properly) They signed Weinke to that fat deal as a backup, resigned Foster, will probably keep Dan Morgan around another 12 years and meanwhile Moose walks and Keyshawn walks.

The only thing that is common in all this is the QB play. Barely watchable. But as far as the other issues, am I on the right track?

Congrats on the win PSU. You guys executed when it counted.

Unreal (or all too familiar for the older Saints fans..) sequence of events there in the 2nd half today..

Saints 1st and goal with a chance to go up by 2 tds or 2 scores minimum....

ends up with a blocked fg (Mare is awful)...

which turns into a Steve smith td...

which turns into a 54 yard attempt by Mare on the next possession (Seriously??? I mean this guy isn't that good when he's healthy and he's got an injured groin so now we're going to try a long fg???....it was like watching the Bears game from last year all over again....punt the football)

which turns into a Kasay 53 yd game winner...

Time to go scout the 2008 NFL Draft prospects..... :D

Congrats on the win PSU. You guys executed when it counted.

Unreal (or all too familiar for the older Saints fans..) sequence of events there in the 2nd half today..

Saints 1st and goal with a chance to go up by 2 tds or 2 scores minimum....

ends up with a blocked fg (Mare is awful)...

which turns into a Steve smith td...

which turns into a 54 yard attempt by Mare on the next possession (Seriously??? I mean this guy isn't that good when he's healthy and he's got an injured groin so now we're going to try a long fg???....it was like watching the Bears game from last year all over again....punt the football)

which turns into a Kasay 53 yd game winner...

Time to go scout the 2008 NFL Draft prospects..... :D

As good as Payton was last year at coaching he is plain sucking this year. sending Mare for a 54 yd FG when he had a 20 yd blocked was just plain idiotic. WE SUCK