[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Marty was the Chargers HC

McBoog

How would Marty have done?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If Marty had stayed with the Chargers, how would they have done in 2007?

• 12 + wins
    • 10 - 11 wins
    • 9 & wild card
    • Sub .500
    • 1-3 wins

Given the fact that Marty let his OC (Cameron) and DC (Phillips) plus multiple important assistant coaches go to other teams so late in the game, I really do not see the Chargers doing any better or worse (can't get much worse).

If you think it would be better, I would really like to know "How?" There was NOTHING in the pool of coaches that would have been able/willing to come in as OCs or DCs.

Your honest input would be appreciated!

Even with Marty, that defense wouldn't have played as well and the passing game would still be missing Parker and McCardell (although he was nearly done last year). And, IIRC, he may have been without both Phillips and Cameron anyway, which wouldn't have helped.

That said, Marty is a much better HC than Turner and I really think that they would've been at lest 8-8 and probably 9-7, with a possible WC berth.

Even with Marty, that defense wouldn't have played as well and the passing game would still be missing Parker and McCardell (although he was nearly done last year). And, IIRC, he may have been without both Phillips and Cameron anyway, which wouldn't have helped.

That said, Marty is a much better HC than Turner and I really think that they would've been at lest 8-8 and probably 9-7, with a possible WC berth.

See, this is my point as well. I appreciate the commentary.

Whithout Cameron and Phillips, you too see this team was heading for a date with a hard wall! I think they would have been sub-500.

Spanos took a gamble and it looks like he lost by hiring Turner. BUT, I think because of the way things shook out and the way Marty played them, a gamble had to be made.

I will concede that Marty is prbably a better head man, almost Reaganesque in that he hires good people for the job, but that there was nobody "good" to bring in at that late date.

I still think Marty had to go, but the way it all happened, the timing especially, the Bolts were pretty much hosed.

I hope they can turn it around, but from what I have seen, Grits is looking smarter by the week! :D