[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C-Pep value moving forward

FishFreak

Chime in Raider homers.....

1) Does Culpepper have the starting QB gig long term?

2) Is he now a QB1 fantasy wise?

3) Will Kiffin open up the play calling or is this a run first team?

It seems like Culpepper is a big upgrade over McCown and the Raiders are much improved offensively and clearly have some weapons. However, the play calling seemed very conservative last week @ Miami. Did the Raiders know they could just pound the rock or does Culpepper not have the full grasp of the offense yet? He finally looks healthy and ready to put up some numbers especially with a bye this week to prepare.

Exactly. And despite the 5 TD's, he was only 5-12 for 75 yards passing, it's not like he's lighting it up.

That was my point. They didn't need to pass with 300 yards rushing. Is that because C-Pep doesn't know the offense yet or is Kiffin not confident in him yet.

It seems that Kiffen has some kind of strange man love for McCown. He hasn't promised Pepp the starting gig just yet. In fact there is talk around these parts of Russell maybe even getting a shot at it down the line. I think for the next few weeks after the bye C-Pepp gets the starts while McCown heals up. He could be a good bye week replacement qb. I personally feel like if we had Culpepper in there earlier the Raiders might very well be 3-1 or 4-0!

Pick #1 will be starting sooner than later...

I think the Raiders record will determine that.

If they stay in the play off hunt, next year for Russell, or maybe a late season start or two.

If they get eliminated from contention early, we'll see him then.

They didn't need to pass with 300 yards rushing. Is that because C-Pep doesn't know the offense yet or is Kiffin not confident in him yet.

Neither.

The Raiders were able to run at will on the Dolphins, so why even bother to pass much.

:D Thanks! I needed that! :D

Well, I meant that they're probably not going to be mathematically eliminated until fairly late in the season. Especially considering how badly all of the AFC West teams are performing right now.

As a Vikes fan, I have seen most of the snaps Daunte has taken in his career. At times, he has been a statistical monster. Those times, IMO, were due as much to him having HOF Chris Carter and Moss(perhaps the most gifted WR ever to play the game(who, incidently, is currently blowing up defenses on a weekly basis)) in a very QB-friendly situation as they were to Culpepper's talent. Soon as the HOF targets were gone, so were the big numbers. He has the physical tools, but not so much on the mental side of the game. He holds the ball too long as he stares down his primary, and he makes bad decisions. Not to mention he has hands like a child and cant hold on to the ball.

IMO, you can chalk sunday's performance up to Daunte trying very hard to prove something against a punchless team he feels hosed him. Next Raiders game, he's as likely to go 5/12 for 75 yards with no TDs nor any rushing.