[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor/Bryant McKinnie to TB?

tonyr0802

I'm not sure how much credibility I give to a paper that cannot spell be correctly, but thought I'd pass this along.

Link

Bucs rumored to bee talking trade with Vikings

Posted By Roy Cummings at Oct 02, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Updated Oct 02, 2007 at 12:16 PM

TAMPA – We’ll say this about Bucs GM Bruce Allen: he’s out there trying. That’s word anyway.

Talk in Minnesota this morning is that Allen has been trying to swing a deal with the Vikings that would bring tackle Bryant McKinnie and running back Chester Taylor to Tampa Bay.

Only time will tell if such a deal goes down, but that would be one heck of deal. McKinnie is the Vikings starting left tackle and Taylor is coming off a career-best 1,200-yard rushing season.

Taylor missed a couple of games because of a hip injury he suffered in the season opener but he started the game last week against Green Bay and had eight carries for 40 yards.

The Vikings could probably afford to let Taylor go, what with Adrian Peterson getting most of the work at tailback. Still, this deal seems a little far-fetched.

McKinnie and Taylor are not old players nearing the end of their careers. They’re still relatively young and both should just now be entering the prime of their careers.

Not only that, but the Vikings are not out of the running in an NFC North race that is currently as upside down as NFC South race is. Though they’re 1-3, they still have a chance to fight their way to the top.

Everything depends, though, on what the Bucs are willing to part with. A deal at this time of year would almost certainly include an exchange of players, but the Bucs may also be willing to part with a draft pick.

We’re not suggesting that pick would be a first- or second-rounder, but the Bucs no doubt feel they have a chance at making a legitimate playoff run this year, so they may be willing to pay a lot.

Something else the Bucs have to factor into the equation is the future of RB Cadillac Williams. Torn patellar tendons are difficult to come back from. Some prove impossible to come back from.

If Williams injury is the latter sort, the Bucs will have to start anew their search for a feature back. Taylor may not be the best answer but a team could do a lot worse.

A good pass catcher and runner, he’s a good fit in a West Coast type of scheme. And like we said before, he’s still young. Some scouts believe he’s got starter potential and only needs a chance to play regularly.

As for McKinnie, he’s a solid starter. Many believe he could become an elite-level player with better coaching and more focus on the game. He could even prove to be an upgrade over Luke Petitgout.

Weighing all of that, the feeling here is that this deal never goes down. It may be just a bad rumor anyway, but you can bet Allen is out there slugging away, trying to do something to offset the loss of Williams and Petitgout.

I'm all for trading Taylor during this bye week if the price is right. Mewelde is a decent backup option. But the line is already thin and losing McKinnie, even if he does underachieve and his not worth his bloated contract, would be pretty hard to replace right now for the rest of the year.

There goes all the credibility... :D

As for McKinnie, he’s a solid starter. Many believe he could become an elite-level player with better coaching and more focus on the game. He could even prove to be an upgrade over Luke Petitgout.

I find this very credible. :D

How is better coaching going to help get his fat ass moving? Tice tried a couple years ago to change his stance and not have him down in a 3 pt stance, cuz he's so damn fat he can't get up in time to block anyone on passing plays. Didn't help back then and he's worse now. 4th quarter of the Detroit game, his guy was around him before Fatass could get his hand off the ground. Supposedly he was conveniently sick in the 4th quarter of the last game. More likely puking because he's so fat. The guy is a load and decent blocker in the run game. Who wouldn't be, that big? He's become a liability in th passing game. And you numbnuts blame the play calling. :D

How is better coaching going to help get his fat ass moving? Tice tried a couple years ago to change his stance and not have him down in a 3 pt stance, cuz he's so damn fat he can't get up in time to block anyone on passing plays. Didn't help back then and he's worse now. 4th quarter of the Detroit game, his guy was around him before Fatass could get his hand off the ground. Supposedly he was conveniently sick in the 4th quarter of the last game. More likely puking because he's so fat. The guy is a load and decent blocker in the run game. Who wouldn't be, that big? He's become a liability in th passing game. And you numbnuts blame the play calling. :D

Hey Billy, curious if you could write a sentence or two about your feelings on McKinnie. Don't hold back either, tell us how you really feel :D

classic!

I'm not sure how much untapped potential that McKinnie has, but it seems very likely that he could go anywhere else and receive better coaching. I'll take a swipe at the Vikes coaching staff anytime possible.

As far as the trade, it would make sense as you can see, there are some Vikings fans that don't have warm fuzzy feelings towards McKinnie and don't like watching AP on the sidelines.

Ok, does anyone have any idea if this is just some sports beat writer itching his jock on a slow news day or is there any real potential to this trade???

I'm in the process of working a trade, and could get the guy to make Chester part of the deal if I want him........:D

I'm not sure how much untapped potential that McKinnie has, but it seems very likely that he could go anywhere else and receive better coaching. I'll take a swipe at the Vikes coaching staff anytime possible.

Yes, you've made that obvious. :D

You know me well enough to know that its rare when I talk down about any Viking. I'm as homer as you can get. But I know what I see.

Denny Green and his assts had a crack at Fatboy. Mike Tice and his assts as well. Granted Tice was Mckinnies line coach for Denny, Now Chilly is taking his turn.

All along, some guys like to spout the same thing, it's the coaching! It's the same line some have been using for years now. Thru 3 different coaching staffs. Hell, you guys started on Chilly before the season was half over! Face it guys, Bud Grant is not coming back! :D

I'm not sure how much untapped potential that McKinnie has,

I think the key word here is tapped, Fatboy has been doing too much of the tapping of Serena this past offseason!

Now if they ever have kids, I'll be first in line to be their agent! :D

Ok, does anyone have any idea if this is just some sports beat writer itching his jock on a slow news day or is there any real potential to this trade???

I'm in the process of working a trade, and could get the guy to make Chester part of the deal if I want him........:D

I haven't heard anything up here about any trade rumors. It's true that Mewelde Moore has been inactive most weeks that both Chester and AP have played. It's also true that that is a major reason why AP has returned kicks. If Chester goes, AP, and Mewelde slide up one space where AP starts and Moore replaces AP in return duties.

But, I still don't think this is going to happen and would never do any transacting FF wise until I heard otherwise. Childress has spent too much time discussing his wealth of RB talent and I don't see him changing his mind on anything let alone his backfield situation. I'd seriously doubt that he has any change of heart on anything during the course of the season.

I've heard some grumblings about how the bye week has come at a good point of the year. That is assuming that things will be different or adjustments or tweaks will be made in the way the Vikings do things. I think it will only be more of the same of what we have already seen when the play resumes. I see little or no changes made in 2007 to the Childress' kick ass offense. More of the same will be what we see.

Reports were wrong it was Mewelde Moore not Chester Taylor

Mewelde Moore - RB - Vikings

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the Bucs contacted the Vikings regarding RB Mewelde Moore.

The Bucs are in need of healthy backs following the season-ending injury to Cadillac Williams and a previous report had them asking about Chester Taylor. Moore had zero touches in Week 4 and will see scant playing time behind a healthy Adrian Peterson and Taylor. While unlikely to occur, Moore would have fantasy value if traded. Oct. 2 - 4:26 p.m. ET

Edited by damageinc

Latest twist

Bucs inquire about Moore

After losing starting running back Carnell "Cadillac" Williams to a season-ending knee injury, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers inquired about Vikings third-string running back Mewelde Moore, according to a source close to the situation.

But the source said the Bucs refused the Vikings' request for a first-day draft pick (first, second or third round) in return. Not only has Moore been inactive for two games, he also is set to become a free-agent after this season.

Off to a surprising 3-1 start, the Buccaneers want to add another quality running back, and they identified Moore as a possible candidate.

This season, with starter Chester Taylor sidelined with a hip injury, Moore has carried the ball 10 times for 71 yards and caught six passes for 48 yards.

But Moore could be attractive to other teams needing to bolster their depth at running back because of his starting experience, his versatility, and his productivity. The only concern has been his durability.

Wilf on Childress; trade rumors begin

October 2nd, 2007 – 3:18 PM by Judd Zulgad Vikings owner Zygi Wilf hasn’t been quoted much of late but he did speak to reporters Tuesday. Wilf said he “absolutely” has confidence in coach Brad Childress despite the team’s 1-3 start.

“Our goal is to be consistent in the long term,” Wilf said. “We have a commitment to getting a team that is not for a one-shot affair. We want to build a team that is consistent for many, many years to come, for decades to come. I think the people, I know that the people we have in place are the right people. I have a very good relationship with coach Childress, as I do with many of the coaches, and they have my full support. I’m very confident that as time goes on and everybody works together.”

Given the Vikings start it should not be surprising that there are a few trade rumors making the rounds. The Tampa Tribune has a blog item saying the Buccaneers have been trying to swing a deal with the Vikings to acquire running back Chester Taylor and left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Here’s the item.

Trading McKinnie makes little sense because of the salary-cap acceleration the Vikings would face. McKinnie received about $18 million in guaranteed money under a contract extension he signed in September 2006, meaning the Vikings would face about a $15 million salary-cap hit.

The Buccaneers are looking for a running back after losing Cadillac Williams to a season-ending knee injury on Sunday. Taylor would be a nice addition for the 3-1 Bucs but the Vikings’ asking price almost certainly would be too high.

That doesn’t mean Tampa Bay won’t or hasn’t called and asked about running back Mewelde Moore. Moore has been inactive for each of the two games that Taylor and Adrian Peterson have both played in this season.

Indications are the Vikings might be looking for a first-day draft pick for Moore, meaning Tampa Bay is likely looking elsewhere right now. A Moore to the Bucs trade does make some sense, however. Moore is going to be a free agent after this season and there is no way he’s going to return to Minnesota.

It wouldn’t be shocking if the Vikings lowered their asking price if Tampa comes back to them.