[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys homers or anyone else(but especially homers)...

millerx

like he has.

I knew Witten was a great TE, but never really saw him as receiving weapon. He has been putting up some solid performances in both the NFL and in fantasy terms. Maybe it is the new offense and/or his getting in sync with Romo. I don't know. But in my league he is putting up very solid numbers (enough to be considered a WR-TE #2 or #3).

Can or will he keep this up?? Opinions on this??

like he has.

I knew Witten was a great TE, but never really saw him as receiving weapon. He has been putting up some solid performances in both the NFL and in fantasy terms. Maybe it is the new offense and/or his getting in sync with Romo. I don't know. But in my league he is putting up very solid numbers (enough to be considered a WR-TE #2 or #3).

Can or will he keep this up?? Opinions on this??

yeah he can and will keep it up.

he's too fast for the LBs and too big for the DBs and Romo loves throwing to him...

he gets a ton of looks and is in a great scheme for producing.

top tier TE all season.

Absolutely he can. Garrett remembers Novacek and how much damage he did and how balanced the offense can be when you have a good TE. Witten will beat the Defense consistantly because he knows how to run routes and has great hands. You can count on him to be a top 5 TE by seasons end. Romo will find him and find him often. He is one reason they have such a good Offense and with Fasano on the other side drawing attention he will continue to produce. I love it when they toss Fasano a ball or two during the game just to tell the D not to forget about him too.

Both fellas above are absolutely correct. Witten can and should be able to keep putting up very solid stats. One of the biggest reasons why is obviously the new offensive approach. However, don't forget that the offensive line is much healthier and doing a solid job of pass protection, therefore, there's less of a need to keep in to help in that area. Also Bledsoe is no longer the QB, so even if things breakdown Romo is very capable, as he showed last week, of taking off and doing some damage with his legs. Witten is a stud and to think I drafted him in the 14th round of a 10 team league after taking Cooley in the 7th. :D

I think alot of the reason for Wittens success this year is the absence of Terry Glenn. Witten is basically the #2 WR. As a Witten owner I don't want Glenn to come back - but as a Cowboy fan I want Glenn back. If and when Glenn returns, I think it will have to cut into Wittens production somewhat - the question is how much. But, I have my doubts about Glenn returning this season.

I think alot of the reason for Wittens success this year is the absence of Terry Glenn. Witten is basically the #2 WR. As a Witten owner I don't want Glenn to come back - but as a Cowboy fan I want Glenn back. If and when Glenn returns, I think it will have to cut into Wittens production somewhat - the question is how much. But, I have my doubts about Glenn returning this season.

Bingo

Both fellas above are absolutely correct. Witten can and should be able to keep putting up very solid stats. One of the biggest reasons why is obviously the new offensive approach. However, don't forget that the offensive line is much healthier and doing a solid job of pass protection, therefore, there's less of a need to keep in to help in that area. Also Bledsoe is no longer the QB, so even if things breakdown Romo is very capable, as he showed last week, of taking off and doing some damage with his legs. Witten is a stud and to think I drafted him in the 14th round of a 10 team league after taking Cooley in the 7th. :D

Very good point. Romo stated that Witten is always a good target for him because he always is where he is suppose to be, he is big and knows how to get position on anyone so rearly is the ball in jeopardy of being picked even in traffic!

I noticed that when the ball is thrown Witten's way it's rarely tipped away from behind or bobbled.

I believe there are a several reasons we see a new and improved Witten:

1) The conservative Parcells is gone, you know the one that would try to sit on a 3 point lead by running on 1st down, running on 2nd down, running on 3rd down then punting the ball away. It appears if Garrett believes in an attacking style offense and does not stop the attack until the well into the 4th quarter.

2) Jason Garrett was a member of those Cowboy teams that had one of the best TEs ever, Jay Novachek. He saw how a strong TE can be used, especially in the middle of the field against attacking defenses. Where the Parcells regime considered the TE position to be primarily a blocking position the Garrett regime considers the TE position to be another offensive weapon that sometimes is called upon to block much like a RB or WR that is called upon to block when the ball is not in their hands.

3) Outside of TO the WR position is very young and inexperienced due to the absence of Terry Glenn. Witten has the experience and the hands and can be counted on to make the play. He has the trust of the coaches AND of Romo. When opposing defenses double up on TO and the single cover guy has Crayton handled there is always Witten.

I drafted him with my LAST pick in one BOTH league here.

I believe there are a several reasons we see a new and improved Witten:

1) The conservative Parcells is gone, you know the one that would try to sit on a 3 point lead by running on 1st down, running on 2nd down, running on 3rd down then punting the ball away. It appears if Garrett believes in an attacking style offense and does not stop the attack until the well into the 4th quarter.

2) Jason Garrett was a member of those Cowboy teams that had one of the best TEs ever, Jay Novachek. He saw how a strong TE can be used, especially in the middle of the field against attacking defenses. Where the Parcells regime considered the TE position to be primarily a blocking position the Garrett regime considers the TE position to be another offensive weapon that sometimes is called upon to block much like a RB or WR that is called upon to block when the ball is not in their hands.

3) Outside of TO the WR position is very young and inexperienced due to the absence of Terry Glenn. Witten has the experience and the hands and can be counted on to make the play. He has the trust of the coaches AND of Romo. When opposing defenses double up on TO and the single cover guy has Crayton handled there is always Witten.

Good stuff here.