[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something's Wrong with Roy Williams (Dallas' Safety)

Cowboyz1

I have been wondering what is going on with Roy. He is invisible these days. No crushing hits on receivers and backs. It's been 4 weeks now and he hasn't made Jacked up yet and I can't remember a season with him back there that I went this many games without saying, Wow Roy lit that guy up. Can you?

Since Hamlin is deep he gets to play closer to the line of scrimmage this year so what gives? No sacks, QB hits, tackles for losses, crushing blows over the middle, I don't even see him in the backfield?

First thing that comes to mind is losing weight this year. But he is playing at his rookie weight so that shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe he is feeling a little down from all the negative talk about his coverage or lack of leadership and Hamlin has now come in to run things more vocally, but he's not thin skinned so that doesn't explain it in my mind.

Maybe he is discruntled about A. Glenn getting cut. That was his buddy and was not happy about it, and maybe he and JJ had words, so much so that he is ready to move on. Even that doesn't make much sense because he is pretty much a quite guy and a pro's pro.

He must be hurt and not saying anything because he is not playing like the Roy Williams we all know and love to watch clean players clocks on a weekly basis.

The fire is just not there this year. Maybe it's just one of those off years where a player's just tired and run down a bit from all the intensity from past years. I hope he finds it again, because of all the schemes that fit him, this is it. He should be reeking havok this year.

Maybe he is just pacing himself for the long season ahead but that just doesn't seem like Roy.

You think he feels a bit unwanted or unneeded for some reason? I don't know but I want RW back and soon, he is a great Safety and despite his coverage shortcommings can still hold down the fort back there with he best of them.............

Roy what ever is going on, get it worked out. I know your in there somewhere. Come on out, we need ya................:D

You think he feels a bit unwanted or unneeded for some reason? I don't know but I want RW back and soon, he is a great Safety and despite his coverage shortcommings can still hold down the fort back there with he best of them.............

:D

Coverage shortcomings? That's like saying the Titanic had a leak problem. The guy couldn't cover a rock. He's a liability on D, especially since they don't allow him to cripple players legally any longer with his patented horse collar tackles. The reason a player is assigned to play in the secondary is that he has a modicum of coverage skills. There's a reason NFL Ds don't play a 4-4.

He's, still trying to deliver the "knockout blow" (i.e. not wrapping the ball carrier up), but more times than not this season I have seen him just bounce off. Not sure what it is exactly, but it makes him look bad for sure.

Hellllllllllllllllllooo!

Cowboys.

What part don't you understand?

:D I don't think that has anything to do with it. It has to do with the fact everyone around Week 14 in the past remembered that Roy was on "Jacked Up" more than a handful of times. Thus, the Pro Bowl is more a of a popularity contest because no one can think of any other SS's other than Roy when it came to voting.

yea no horse collars this year

He was called for a horse collar in the Bears game near the end of the first half (horse collared Desmond Clark).

Horse collaring just looks like a bad habit he can't break, he started to do a horse collar a couple other times during that game. I know this is not a revelation for anyone, but it was the first time I payed attention to what Williams was doing on the field.

When he tries to lay a big hit, he doesn't seem to wrap up.

Edited by Gunther