[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson's Role Moving Forward...

SpinalTapp

I read this week that Lovie wants to feed Benson the rock more, not less. This sounds great in theory, but last week, Benson was benched at the end of the first half for fumbling - yet again.

If Benson falters, do you see Peterson outright taking his job or a dreaded RBBC?

Thoughts?

Ive heard them discuss this on Sirius, and a few guys on there actually think if Benson continues as is, he will in fact be benched. It is obviously just their opinion, but thats what they said, and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised by it.

You can put a lot of the blame on him for part of why the Bears are not the same team as last year.... Fumbles, cant block, isnt half as good as Jones was in Chi.... The fact he held out, whined, got his money, ran TJ out of town, and now is on the verge of being benched (potentially), my guess is a lot of his team mates arent to thrilled with him.

Ive heard them discuss this on Sirius, and a few guys on there actually think if Benson continues as is, he will in fact be benched. It is obviously just their opinion, but thats what they said, and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised by it.

You can put a lot of the blame on him for part of why the Bears are not the same team as last year.... Fumbles, cant block, isnt half as good as Jones was in Chi.... The fact he held out, whined, got his money, ran TJ out of town, and now is on the verge of being benched (potentially), my guess is a lot of his team mates arent to thrilled with him.

Lovie is a problem. I'm so tired of the "we'll take a look at 'the running back position'" "We need to take a look at the play at the QB position" "We need to get the ball to "fill in the blank" more blah blah blah. Give Benson the ball for 25+ a game for 2 or 3 games and see what he can do. (See: Ronnie Brown) If he still can't do more than 2.5-3 ypc then sit him, bring in Peterson and clip board boy and look to next year!

I've seen Garrett Wolfe mentioned here or there.

If Benson and Peterson are on rosters in a league, does Wolf have any value as a pickup?

My take is Chicago's offense is far from potent, if you can't rely on RB 1 (Benson) or RB 2 (Peterson), what can you expect from RB 3?