[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys overrated?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have played the terrible offenses of Chicago, Miami, and the wounded Rams. Of course the Boys get another cupcake horrible offense this week. I look for the Patriots to score 40-50 on them next week.

Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington all have better defenses. The Cowboys will not make the Super Bowl.

:D

They have played the terrible offenses of Chicago, Miami, and the wounded Rams. Of course the Boys get another cupcake horrible offense this week. I look for the Patriots to score 40-50 on them next week.

Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington all have better defenses. The Cowboys will not make the Super Bowl.

+1

Grasshopper, IT will come down to injuries. Their D needs to improve, especially in the secondary. If they gell, Watch out. :D

I'm no DAL fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they look pretty damn good right now. We'll have to see how their vulnerability on pass D works out as the season progresses. Passing O is certainly a GB strength, which doesn't bode well for a playoff matchup.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm no DAL fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they look pretty damn good right now. We'll have to see how their vulnerability on pass D works out as the season progresses. Passing O is certainly a GB strength, which doesn't bode well for a playoff matchup.

They do look good... However, they looked good for a good 5 or 6 weeks last year when Romo 1st started playing, and then from what I recall, they looked very plain... While Im not discounting them as a good team... probably the best in the NFC... Ill make my judgement in a few weeks to see how real they really are.

Are the Cowboys supposed to apologize for the way the schedule is turning out? :D

+1 to m4m25 saying "4-0" is "4-0". It's important to win the games you "should" win. With the parity in the NFL nowadays, any team can sneak up on anyone. Cleveland knocking out 80% of the survivor pools in Week 2 is a case in point.

Are the Cowboys supposed to apologize for the way the schedule is turning out? :D

+1 to m4m25 saying "4-0" is "4-0". It's important to win the games you "should" win. With the parity in the NFL nowadays, any team can sneak up on anyone. Cleveland knocking out 80% of the survivor pools in Week 2 is a case in point.

I was going to respond to "Jackass" but I could not have said it better myself.

Who will?

Last year at this point people were saying the 2006 Bears might be one of the greatest or greatest teams of all time. Although they played in the superbowl, they barely squeaked into the NFC Conference Championship Game.

Dallas looks to be the best NFC team right now, after 4 weeks.

Noone said anything but apologizing. The Rams and Dolphins are not nfl caliber teams right now and beating them does not provide evidence of the cowboys being a great team.

They do look good... However, they looked good for a good 5 or 6 weeks last year when Romo 1st started playing, and then from what I recall, they looked very plain... While Im not discounting them as a good team... probably the best in the NFC... Ill make my judgement in a few weeks to see how real they really are.

We will know a lot about the Cowboys after they play NE in week 6.

It will all come out in the wash.

I think it is very clear that the offense is firing on all cylinders. The Cowboys have done what they are supposed to ... beat the bad teams and they have done it rather handidly. This is the offense we all expected with weapons like Owens, Jones, Barber, Witten, Glenn and now Romo ... except that Parcells was incapable of coaching this offense.

I think you can toss the word "over rated" around when the lose one they are supposed to ... kind of like Pittsburgh losing to Arizona or Baltimore losing to Cleveland.

I'll take my chances with this Dallas Cowboy team against any in the league, including New England and Indianapolis.

I sat here wondering "Does this moron deserve a response and waste more of my time?! " Then I came to the conclusion... "Of course he does because if I wasnt wasting my time here, Id be doing something else and wasting it"

So here I go....

They have played the terrible offenses of Chicago, Miami, and the wounded Rams.

And the Patriots have played terrible TEAMS (both offense and defence) but no one seems to point that out. And as someone mentioned you simply can not blame either of the teams for the way the schedule is done.

And again... ANY horrible team can beat ANY Good other team on ANY Given Sunday (horrible movie BTW). Blaming the teams schedule is just a cop out. Give credit where credit is due! Look at the Broncos... 3 of there wins were by 3 pts or less?!?! And they were supposed to be a top contending team and should of easily beat those teams by a touchdown (on paper).

The Rams and Dolphins are not nfl caliber teams right now and beating them does not provide evidence of the cowboys being a great team.
:D

So we have College teams playing in the NFL?! Does the commish know about this?

Yes I admit I am a fan and yes this did strike a nerve. But to call a team "Over-rated" whos been out preforming most expectations (mine included) you cant help but give them some credit even IF they have a "Cupcake" schedule.

Edited by ElwayFan2007