[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we draft Madden to coach the Vikes?

CaP'N GRuNGe

Madden, Collinsworth weigh in on Peterson

October 4th, 2007 – 1:48 PM by Judd Zulgad NBC did a conference call today previewing its Sunday night game between Green Bay and Chicago. I figured Access Vikings would jump on and get some opinions about Adrian Peterson rushing the ball twice in the second half last Sunday against the Packers after going for 108 yards on 10 attempts in the first two quarters.

John Madden: “If I had Adrian Peterson on my team any time I started a series I’d have him in there. … You can’t play one running back every down, I know that, but I sure as hell would him in every first down.”

Madden, by the way, said he watched tape of the Vikings-Packers on his way to Green Bay last night.

Cris Collinsworth, a studio analyst for NBC, agreed with Madden, calling Peterson the Vikings best player and adding, “Adrian Peterson has to see the ball a lot more than what he has seen it.”

Collinsworth said that after seeing college film of Peterson before the draft that he thought the rookie could be one of the “truly great players in the game.”