[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baltimore Defense

MikesVikes

Are they aging right before our eyes? Are we wasting roster space on them?

I think that injuries are a factor on the Ravens.

I say that defenses play in cycles. Besides the few defenses that make a decent play each week, most others seem to play in streaks. Some will put together a run of good games followed by a run of bad games.

After looking over my track record for playing defenses in the MVP Challenge, I must be no expert in starting defenses in the right weeks.

I can say one thing, if they stink playing against Dilfer and the 49'ers, than maybe all is lost.

Edited by MikesVikes

I see that Balt ranks 13th in one league that I'm in. Scoring in leagues vary, based on points given for points and/or yards allowed. The Ravens tend to do better in some leagues than others.

They ranked 1st last year at the same point.

Just as an example from last year, the Colts ranked 11th after week 4 last year, but finished at #30.

The Titans ranked 28th after 4 weeks last year but finished 4th.

Edited by MikesVikes

I see that Balt ranks 13th in one league that I'm in. Scoring in leagues vary, based on points given for points and/or yards allowed. The Ravens tend to do better in some leagues than others.

They ranked 1st last year at the same point.

This is why I treat defense almost as bad as kickers in FF drafts.

The Ravens are 18th in my format.

I'd rather play matchups with a few Ds in the first month THEN settle on one when NFL teams show more of their true colors.

Injuries have been a HUGH problem. Losing Trevor Price (broken bone) has really weakened the pass rush, Samari Rolle has been out the last two weeks as well.

Are they as good as they were in the past? I'd say "no", but they still have a good amount of playmakers. Once they get they get these two guys back, especially Price (I consider Rolle just adequate) you'll see better production IMHO.

Edited by Gdawg