[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best buy-low / sell high candidates

MTSuper7

I am trying to buy low (or semi-low) on:

Willis: seems like healthy RBs with the bulk of the carries are rare these days - nice schedule coming up - has been running pretty well, just not flashy

V. Young: his stats seem low because of the bye week (which is now out of the way) - but he averages pretty decent stats and should only get better

MJD: I think at some point you'll see Jax get back on track, and he'll have some monster games again (also pastis bye week)

Peterson (Bears): I wouldn't pay too much, but he's worth stashing

I've got to say, many of you must play in leagues with total idiots. I have never been able to get a 1st round RB on the cheap this early in the season unless there was a damned good reason like a bad injury (in which case you wouldn't want him anyway).

I mean, I'm having a hard enough time convincing a guy who's best WR is Holt and it gets really ugly from there that we should build a trade based on my WRs not named Chad Johnson(S Holmes, L Fitz, J Galloway, L Coles).

I agree. I offered this one guy a total upgrade of his whole team for LT. Now y'all might think I was out of my mind, but actually having LT would be the only possible upgrade i could ask for. I offered Kitna, S. Smith, and Gore and he comes back with some BS that doesn't include LT. I mean, what the hell does he want? I still have Romo so losing Kitna not hurting. I still have T.O, R. Williams, Plaxico, and Br. Marshall so losing Smith is no big deal. But I'd say the upgrade to LT from Gore could be hugh. This is a 10-team league, although it probably looks like it's an 8. My draft fell absolutely perfectly except maybe I should have grabbed Addai before Gore. I'm actually thinking of benching Smith this week for my other 3. The risk of starting Smith with Carr is just a little much ISMHO.

I agree. I offered this one guy a total upgrade of his whole team for LT. Now y'all might think I was out of my mind, but actually having LT would be the only possible upgrade i could ask for. I offered Kitna, S. Smith, and Gore and he comes back with some BS that doesn't include LT. I mean, what the hell does he want? I still have Romo so losing Kitna not hurting. I still have T.O, R. Williams, Plaxico, and Br. Marshall so losing Smith is no big deal. But I'd say the upgrade to LT from Gore could be hugh. This is a 10-team league, although it probably looks like it's an 8. My draft fell absolutely perfectly except maybe I should have grabbed Addai before Gore. I'm actually thinking of benching Smith this week for my other 3. The risk of starting Smith with Carr is just a little much ISMHO.

Am I reading you right...you have Kitna, Romo, Gore, Steve Smith, TO, Roy Williams, and Plaxico Burress all on the same re-draft team??? Please write my name down as someone who would love to be in that league.

Im trying to buy Lee Evans and Holt low in my main local..The same guy has both of them but he isnt budging

I just gave him Fred Taylor for Lee Evans

Am I reading you right...you have Kitna, Romo, Gore, Steve Smith, TO, Roy Williams, and Plaxico Burress all on the same re-draft team??? Please write my name down as someone who would love to be in that league.

Yeah, really. Please tell me this isn't a 12 team league...

I just gave him Fred Taylor for Lee Evans

Nice. I'm almost there on a trade to get Lee Evans and Roy Williams right now. Looking at giving up Adrian Peterson and Wes Welker but he wants Santonio. Welker feels like a fair trade. Not sure on Santonio (esp. trading before this weekend) but I've got the Johnsons Andre and Chad and really need to shore up WR depth as a result. I've been shopping AP - just not crazy about anyone who only only got 12 carries last week and very few looks in the passing game. But he is explosive, so you almost just have to go on the faith that he'll break a long run to get his numbers.

I unloaded 4 players this week:

Pittman - I figured his value was never higher than now when some feel like he will be the man in TB

McDonald - paired him with Pittman to get Fitz

Norwood - couldn't take the dead roster space any more, traded him to the Dunn owner

Kenny Watson - paired him with Norwood to get Darrell Jackson

I unloaded 4 players this week:

Pittman - I figured his value was never higher than now when some feel like he will be the man in TB

McDonald - paired him with Pittman to get Fitz

Norwood - couldn't take the dead roster space any more, traded him to the Dunn owner

Kenny Watson - paired him with Norwood to get Darrell Jackson

I was considering dropping Darrell Jackson and getting either James Jones or Sidney Rice.

Hey would appreciate anyone's analysis on my roster. Who would you trade out?

Was in the process of trading Henry when the news broke, but was able to snag Young off waivers.

I think Im pretty strong in WR position, but may be able to combine 2 WR for a top 5.

RB is a complete question mark. Will probably need to wait til things wash out as everybody it tight on RBs.

I got Kitna to use as trade bait, but Romo has a bye on wk 8 and I would like to sub him when he plays Chicago again.

Also week 8 is a killer bye week as Romo/TO/Heap/Fitz/Alexander all sit.

At present wk 8 I start Kitna @ Chi, Coles @ Buf, Housh @ Pit, RBs are weak. But it's just one week and I'm currently 3-1, so Im not going to worry til I get closer to wk 8. If I still have a good record I will forfeit 1 bad week for playoff potential.

My thought is to offer a trade looking forward for the playoff weeks 14,15,16 in the RB position as I think its my weakest position at playoff time.

The RBs I would like to target are McGahee or Ronnie Brown. Who would you trade to get one of them, preferably McGahee?

Wk14: McGahee @ Indy, Ronnie Brown @ BUF

Wk15: McGahee @ MIA, Ronnie Brown vs BAL

McGahee owner could definitely use a QB and has shown interest, but Im going head to head against him this week so I told him he would have to wait til at least next week. Would like to wait til week 9 after Romo's bye and get McGahee for Kitna.

Am I projecting to far into the future? If I trade too early injuries could be my downfall, if I wait to late he may trade with someone else. Trade deadline 2 days prior to week 11 Sunday.

Have a tentative trade in Henry & Young for McGahee, but not sure he will bite w/o Kitna involved.

Or I could go for Marshawn Lynch for Pittman as BUF plays MIA and CLE in wk 14,15.

Edited by gmann

I'm selling Ronnie Brown right now.

I'm buying Brandon Jacobs, and LenDale White.

I traded Brown, Santonio Holes, and Julius Jones for Tomlinson. Henry is/was my RB2 so that kind of sucks, but I did grab Selvin Young this week. Now if only Andre Johnson would get healthy and Lee Evans stops being an ass-dart I might have a nice team.

Edited by ebartender