[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks fans shut up!

Seahawks21

I can't handle it anymore. I can't turn on local sportsradio lately without hearing some caller whining about the SuperBowl XL, like the Seahawks have a chance this week to correct a huge wrong. I have co-workers that have literally not spoken to me since that Super Bowl, that think this is our chance to get the trophy...."as long as the refs don't give this one to the Steelers too". I am going to break this down one time in terms you folks can understand.

If you are in wide open space in the end zone, and the WR puts his hand squarely on the DB's chest while making a cut, offensive pass interference will be called.

If an offensive tackle puts his hands BEHIND the DE's shoulder and corrals him, holding will be called.

If you go 4-17 on 3rd down, you will lose to the Steelers.

If a team leaves your TE wide open all day and takes away your other options, and you still can't complete any passes to said TE, you will lose to the Steelers.

If you allow an 80 yard run to Fast Willie, you will probably lose to the Steelers.

If you allow a team that runs trick plays more often and better than any other team to beat you with a 50-yard trick play, you will lose to the Steelers.

If your team and QB plays one of their worst games of the season, you will lose to the Steelers, especially in a Super Bowl.

The refs didn't do us any favors, but our offense played like dog-poop and we got beat up and bullied by the more physical team that executed better on that day. Deal with it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am reviewing the game stats from that superbowl...not really seeing how the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY outplayed them.

offensive plays: 77- 56. sea

TOP: 33:02 - 26:58. sea

1st downs: 20 - 14. sea

total yards: 396 - 339. sea

passing: 26/49 for 273/1/1 vs 10/22 for 166/1/2 (that includes randel el's biggin). sea

rushing: 25/147 - 33/181. pit

3rd down conversions: 5/17 - 8/15. pit

penalties: 7/10 - 3/20. pit

was a close game with an edge to sea... all of the penalities going one way changed the direction of the game as they offen negated a good play for sea.

I can't handle it anymore. I can't turn on local sportsradio lately without hearing some caller whining about the SuperBowl XL, like the Seahawks have a chance this week to correct a huge wrong. I have co-workers that have literally not spoken to me since that Super Bowl, that think this is our chance to get the trophy...."as long as the refs don't give this one to the Steelers too". I am going to break this down one time in terms you folks can understand.

If you are in wide open space in the end zone, and the WR puts his hand squarely on the DB's chest while making a cut, offensive pass interference will be called.

If an offensive tackle puts his hands BEHIND the DE's shoulder and corrals him, holding will be called.

If a team leaves your TE wide open all day and takes away your other options, and you still can't complete any passes to said TE, you will lose to the Steelers.

If you allow an 80 yard run to Fast Willie, you will probably lose to the Steelers.

If you allow a team that runs trick plays more often and better than any other team to beat you with a 50-yard trick play, you will lose to the Steelers.

If your team and QB plays one of their worst games of the season, you will lose to the Steelers, especially in a Super Bowl.

The refs didn't do us any favors, but our offense played like dog-poop and we got beat up and bullied by the more physical team that executed better on that day. Deal with it.

:D Finally, someone gets it!

Forgot one hing though. If your team runs the two minute drill like the Keystone Cops, you will lose.

i am reviewing the game stats from that superbowl...not really seeing how the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY outplayed them.

passing: 26/49 for 273/1/1 vs 10/22 for 166/1/2 (that includes randel el's biggin). sea

was a close game with an edge to sea... all of the penalities going one way changed the direction of the game as they offen negated a good play for sea.

Fine points to be sure. Then again, so is the point about Seahawk fans needing to shut the hell up and move on. That push off in the endzone might not have been the worst case of a guy pushing off, but it was a push off none the less. It's not like it was some phantom call or anything.

That's the thing that amazes me about the complaints that the refs "stole the game". Why? Because they actually called a penalty against you that you committed? I had no horse in the race so it's not like I had an agenda. I watched the game from start to finish and did not see any calls that even crack the top 20 in terms of head scratchers.

The bit about not smelling the trick play coming is also very strong. The announcers along with basically everyone watching that game saw that play coming a mile away. I was absolutely stunned that Seattle was so caught off guard by that play.

Did Pitt dominate that game? Certainly not. But, unlike Seattle, they made plays and didn't shoot themselves in the foot by committing penalties when they did.

Close game with an edge to Seattle... LOL ummmmmm what was the stat line for scoring? Teams playing from behind in most games will have more passing yards.

Here is the best stat: Steelers won the game.

Fine points to be sure. Then again, so is the point about Seahawk fans needing to shut the hell up and move on. That push off in the endzone might not have been the worst case of a guy pushing off, but it was a push off none the less. It's not like it was some phantom call or anything.

That's the thing that amazes me about the complaints that the refs "stole the game". Why? Because they actually called a penalty against you that you committed? I had no horse in the race so it's not like I had an agenda. I watched the game from start to finish and did not see any calls that even crack the top 20 in terms of head scratchers.

The bit about not smelling the trick play coming is also very strong. The announcers along with basically everyone watching that game saw that play coming a mile away. I was absolutely stunned that Seattle was so caught off guard by that play.

Did Pitt dominate that game? Certainly not. But, unlike Seattle, they made plays and didn't shoot themselves in the foot by committing penalties when they did.

I, also, did not root for one team over the other in that game. individually called, the only penalty that really had me scratching my headwas ...what was it? illegal block in the back on hasselbeck as he tried to tackle a defender after a pick..... edit: collectively, it was insurmountable..as it would have been for pit had it been the other way around

from what i've seen, on almost every play in every game....a penalty is commited. the timeliness and lack of balance in that game left me with a very bad taste for that superbowl

Edited by Bier Meister

I, also, did not root for one team over the other in that game. individually called, the only penalty that really had me scratching my headwas ...what was it? illegal block in the back on hasselbeck as he tried to tackle a defender after a pick.....

from what i've seen, on almost every play in every game....a penalty is commited. the timeliness and lack of balance in that game left me with a very bad taste for that superbowl

Thats what it seemed like to me as well,they had to work twice as hard . :D

Close game with an edge to Seattle... LOL ummmmmm what was the stat line for scoring? Teams playing from behind in most games will have more passing yards.

Here is the best stat: Steelers won the game.

really??? it wasn't a close game? 7-3 at the half...... pit scores, sea answers in the 3rd making it 14-10 pit. ok ya got me. good one there. :D

FWP breaks one for 75....... and the 4th quarter td was a 43 yd pass play from randle el...... so you are right the stats are skewed.. the stats would not have been close were it not for 2 plays.

fwp: 10/93 (9/18 without the big one)

bettis: 14/43

not the typical "big lead.... milk the clock" type of game that you want to descirbe (one we have seen a bit from pit)

Edited by Bier Meister

What's this ... another retarded Steeler fan? :D:D

Fine points to be sure. Then again, so is the point about Seahawk fans needing to shut the hell up and move on.

It was the type of game that was an injustice to fans of both teams. Steeler fans should shut the hell up and move on to, but since a lot of fans view that game as tainted, some Steeler fans are just as vocal trying to justify things 2 years later as Seattle fans are lamenting the loss.

Edited by bushwacked

It was the type of game that was an injustice to fans of both teams. Steeler fans should shut the hell up and move on to, but since a lot of fans view that game as tainted, some Steeler fans are just as vocal trying to justify things 2 years later as Seattle fans are lamenting the loss.

I don't see it as tainted, I see it as a championship.

The one thing that always gets me, Steelers had some horrendous calls made against them in the playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl (Example: Troy Polomalu call in the Indy game) but they overcame those calls to win. The Seahawks, while there were a couple of questionable calls (nothing to the extent that people should still be crying about), didn't overcome those calls. If they were clearly the better team on that day, they would have won.

Edited by mdrtoys

Agreed. But we all knew this was going to happen when we saw the schedule. Should be a good game with 2 pretty evenly matched teams IMO. I for one don't like the 6 point spread. I think it should be more like 3 because of the home team factor.

Oh, and no matter what Matt says, I still think our ring looks better. :D

Couple of points on your breakdown:

Jackson and Hope both has their hands on each other from the moment they stepped into the endzone, they were both playing hard for position. It was in no way a one-sided push as you state above, which is probably why it took the ref so long to throw the flag.

The DE was OFFSIDES, which typically went uncalled by the crack ref crew.

Valid points all, and to me the main the crux of why we lost.

BUT the fact that the refs made their presence felt in a way that should never be seen in a Superbowl is to me inarguable. Each ticky tack penalty that was thrown the 'Hawks way, such as the BS "illegal block" called on Hasselbeck's post-interception tackle in the 4th, stole momentum, field position, and opportunity from the Seahawks that may have resulted in a different outcome. No two ways about it, the refs did in fact adversely affect the Seahawks ability to compete.

To quote Art Thiel once again: "Seahawks fans will never forget, nor forgive, Super Bowl XL. The only hope is that... something comes along that overshadows."

That is my view exactly. I don't EVER start these discussions. But I won't be over it until the Seahawks finally win a Superbowl. :D

Edited by Bonehand

The Seahawks, while there were a couple of questionable calls (nothing to the extent that people should still be crying about), didn't overcome those calls. If they were clearly the better team on that day, they would have won.

Very true, with the fact that every questionable call (and there were more than a couple), went against one team and coincidentally almost every one was on a game changing, huge type play.

Those things usually happen to each team, once or maybe twice a game. Not 7 or 8 against one team and one team only. When that happens during the superbowl, it blows big time.

Edited by bushwacked

Very true, with the fact that every questionable call (and there were more than a couple), went against one team and coincidentally almost every one was on a game changing, huge type play.

Those things usually happen to each team, once or maybe twice a game. Not 7 or 8 against one team and one team only. When that happens during the superbowl, it blows big time.

THe majority of the bad calls went against the Steelers in the playoffs, yet the won those games to make the Superbowl. The Seahawks, while a good team that year, lacked the heart to overcome the bad calls, one of the requirements to be Champions.

I think the big difference here is that this stuff happens in every game at every level. If crowing about the past is what gets your juices flowing for this Sunday, more power to you. But I know fans of every team and even the most die hard football fans don't consider the Steelers' victory tainted.

This weekend should be a good game, but the game lies squarely on hasselbeck's shoulders since Alexander won't be able to run at all.

Edited by mdrtoys

really??? it wasn't a close game? 7-3 at the half...... pit scores, sea answers in the 3rd making it 14-10 pit. ok ya got me. good one there. :D

FWP breaks one for 75....... and the 4th quarter td was a 43 yd pass play from randle el...... so you are right the stats are skewed.. the stats would not have been close were it not for 2 plays.

fwp: 10/93 (9/18 without the big one)

bettis: 14/43

not the typical "big lead.... milk the clock" type of game that you want to descirbe (one we have seen a bit from pit)

It was a close game until the second half. Good teams score points... Stats are arbitrary, but if it makes you feel better about the game thats great. AZ beat the Steelers last weekend.... Game over they lost. Seattle won last weekend they were the winners....game over.

The DE was OFFSIDES, which typically went uncalled by the crack ref crew.

Not only was the DE offsides, but the nose tackle was lined up offsides (hand was even past the ball.) So the NT was in a static offside position for a good 5+ seconds before the snap.

Pic of offsides (this is the play where Stephens actually managed to hold on to the ball on the 1 yard line, but was called back on holding.)

I would agree with most though... the only extremely bad call was the one on Hasselbeck for tackling the defender who had intercepted him. It was more about the lopsided officiating.

As far as seeing this game as a SB make-up or rematch, not even close. Beyond the fact that it is an early regular season game a year and a half later, I don't feel as good about the Seahawks chances in this game as I did about their chances in the Super Bowl.

Edited by NoSupe4You

I can't believe this issue lives, but I guess it shows that the Steelers championship is certainly tainted. As tainted as the Redskins Superbowl XXII championship (sorry Sky). It's not the Steelers fault, they played their game, but that ring don't shine like the rest and it's unfortunate to all.

I can't believe this issue lives.

You can just stop right there. I think Big John can run a mega serch on this board and outside of maybe one month of SuperBowl XL, I think this is the first time that I have typed SuperBowl XL. You people, and you all know who you are, have got to get over it. It is done, it is in the books, nothing will change. Seahawk fans don't really need to shut up but if they are really stuck on this then I feel sorry for them. If they are saying it to get Steeler fans going then so be it but it doesn't work on this Steeler fan. I for one and sick of it. I honestly would have liked the calls to be different in that game as it did take something off of it for me but no matter what I have a SuperBowl XL shirt and I wear it with pride.

Sunday will not prove that we or they are better. At least a third of those players that were on those teams are gone. This game is in Pitt not on some neutral field. Get over and root for your team. Have fun, win or lose. SuperBowl XL is so yesterday.

Edited by Skippy