[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ced Ben

hooknladder

i know the Pack has'nt allowed a rush TD... but they might give up a few yards. i know Butter-fingers Benson has been struggling ,and he runs like he has $hit in his pants, but maybe, just maybe, with Peterson being questionable, we can finally get a little value from this turd. :D (probably wishful-thinking)

i know the Pack has'nt allowed a rush TD... but they might give up a few yards. i know Butter-fingers Benson has been struggling ,and he runs like he has $hit in his pants, but maybe, just maybe, with Peterson being questionable, we can finally get a little value from this turd. :D (probably wishful-thinking)

Look, the guy is not a turd...the line just hasn't been blocking good and the passing game sucks. Is LJ a turd?

I agree with you, "turd" is pretty harsh, but, when has Cedric Benson EVER been compared with LJ??

LJ has HAD a good season or two. Benson sat, watched, filled in, griped and got what he wanted. To be the man.

Apparently, he didn't know "the man" was supposed to run around the pile or through a lane. T Jones didn't seem to have any problems.

(I'm sorry.....it's not you......I'm a Benson owner)

benson is getting a lot of $hit because of his lack of production... and you always hear people talking about how thomas jones was this awesome runner... granted he did have some more effectiveness but that was last year- a different time- a different defense... i watched most every game last year since i owned jones-- and every week i would have to sit through the games wondering why i picked him-- with his 1-4 yard gains-- the no where to run off tackles or draws almost every play... but the defense always held opponents to low scores and that meant that jones got his yard through attrition... to waste the clock... rarely did he gain over 10 yards- and when he did it was usually toward the end of game.... not only that but last year the pass actually set up the run...

this year the defense is hurt-- grossman has sucked- teams dont have to do much to stop them offensively... but they still have the same attack--- the no where to run off tackles-- the 1-4 yard gains--- the lack of creativity from the offensive play calling--- they fall behind in games this year and HAVE to pass-- so when they do run-- there is no rhythm... and benson gets blamed... i mean, what is he to do if the play that gets sent in says run up the gut-- but there is nothing there since the defense does not have to worry about the pass...

Look, the guy is not a turd...the line just hasn't been blocking good and the passing game sucks. Is LJ a turd?

look, the whole jist of the thread is that Benson could be worth a shot this week...and i am going to start him. but thus far the guy has been a turd. poor line or not Benson has not been seeing the holes when they ARE there, and he runs with all the passion of taking a piss.

Watching the game tonight, I think it is more a lack of blocking than Benson running ability that is holding him back. I'd like to see Benson hit a hole a bit harder, but GB is all over him at the line of scrimmage every play. Is it always like this? I don't get to see many Chicago games.

Watching the game tonight, I think it is more a lack of blocking than Benson running ability that is holding him back. I'd like to see Benson hit a hole a bit harder, but GB is all over him at the line of scrimmage every play. Is it always like this? I don't get to see many Chicago games.

Pretty much...he's actually running harder tonight than he has in other games, but it's tough sledding. The OL is bad.

I agree with you, "turd" is pretty harsh, but, when has Cedric Benson EVER been compared with LJ??

LJ has HAD a good season or two. Benson sat, watched, filled in, griped and got what he wanted. To be the man.

Apparently, he didn't know "the man" was supposed to run around the pile or through a lane. T Jones didn't seem to have any problems.

(I'm sorry.....it's not you......I'm a Benson owner)

I own Benson too as my RB2....and it seems TJ does have troubles finding holes as well....anyone check out the Jets rushing line the first 5 weeks. Benson had some decent runs tonight...and more performances like this from his QB will further keep the defenses honest and open holes. If you can be patient...he got you about 13 to 15 tonight.