[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

xtra

What kind of playing tme do you think Jacobs will get Sunday and how much will it diminish Wards role?

I have no idea what Coughlin will do. BUT, It seems to me that Ward should remain the guy - he has pretty much "gotten it done" the last few weeks and will only get better with time. He has good burst and really hits the hole hard - he looks better than Jacobs did in limited action. My gut tells me that Coughlin believes this too and will use Jacobs in the same role he was used last season but I guess we will see on Sunday.

From what I understand, it's kind of an unwritten rule that a player will not lose his starting job over an injury. Now, if he comes back and stinks up the joint, that's a different story.

People always say that but history shows a different story - unless the injured player is a stud. In this particular situation, Jacobs was the starter by default (Tiki retired) and only had 1 game as a starter - Ward has come in and done a wonderful job (which, coincidently is how Tiki originally became the starter). Ward has shown much more than Jacobs did in his only start of the season. So, in this situation, I cannot see how the coaches can justify starting Jacobs - he simply hasn't earned it.

Edited by Brentastic

I watched the whole game too and they both looked good. It will probably stay RBBC with Jacobs getting a little more each week. The big positive for me in this game was the play of the rookie Ross. 2 INTs with 1 taken to the hauuuss to seal the win.

I thought he looked very good, and impressed with the way the Giants seem to be able to move the football most of the time now. Manning looks like a different QB to me this season, more confident. I'm looking forward to Jacobs the rest of the season.

I thought he looked very good, and impressed with the way the Giants seem to be able to move the football most of the time now. Manning looks like a different QB to me this season, more confident. I'm looking forward to Jacobs the rest of the season.

Manning is gonna have his rough games just like last year because his pass protection is capable of being dominated.but I agree he has looked good.

After this week I would expect Jacobs to take back his starters role.I have no confidence he stays healthy though.