[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC

GWPFFL BrianW

Stanford>USC

ASU>Stanford

Oregon>Stanford

UCLA>Stanford but Norte Dame>UCLA and we all know how bad ND has looked this year

So yeah they drop, but I do not believe they drop out of the top 25

App State was D2, still a bigger upset IMO

I tend to agree, but they definately should drop a LOT. GT, PSU, Mich, Mich State, and Purdue all > ND

Michigan got dropped out of the top 25 for losing to App State. Should USC for losing to Stanford?

seriously- is there something wrong with you? Please show me when the #2 loses and drops out of the top 25.........

They will probably fall to 10-12 range or so.......horrible loss, but it still only counts as 1

seriously- is there something wrong with you? Please show me when the #2 loses and drops out of the top 25.........

They will probably fall to 10-12 range or so.......horrible loss, but it still only counts as 1

Is there something wrong with you, like did you miss that thing called reading class in first grade? I asked a question, as in, get peoples opinions, and maybe you missed my next post in the SAME thread, where I said they shouldn't drop out but should drop pretty low.

Mich was # 5, granted it was a preseason poll, when they lost to App. State and they fell out of the top 25. IMO SC's only impressive win thus far this year was vs Neb. other than that that have not looked that great. Wash had a shot to beat them, and they should have beat Idaho and Wash St by 50. So to only fall to # 10 to me is a joke. But we will get to see what this SC team is made of when it travels to AZ state, Cal, and Ore. If they can win these 3 games then my hats off to them and they belong where the voters put them.

This is a very clear case of egotistical voters that don't have a clue. While I don't think they deserve to be out of the top 25, they should be a LOT lower than #10 and #7. USC should be put in a position where they have to PROVE a LOT to get back into the championship mix. Now they don't have to prove all that much. The way this season is going, they could be in the top 3 within a couple weeks. Is that fair? USC just got beat by Stanford folks. One of the worst teams in Division 1, AT HOME, and they had their back up QB, and USC gets a slap on the wrist for their troubles. I respect the USC program as much as the next guy, I think Pete Carroll is a great coach, but this is a travesty. You can say, well they were #2, they shouldn't drop that far. What exactly does being #2 mean?

I'm pretty pissed still, so I'll have to agree that barely in the top 20 is probably right. Now if we go unbeaten from here out, and Cal and OR only lose to us, then put us back in the top 5 before 12/1, sure. Then if only LSU goes unbeaten, or no one does, we can make a push for a long-shot NC sniff with a big win (I mean by at least 30 points) over UCLA and some help from some other big losses.

But the Trojan's destiny will no longer be in their own hands, and oh well. That's just what happens when you lose to a 40 point underdog at home, and are 106th in turnover margin.....

I'm pretty pissed still, so I'll have to agree that barely in the top 20 is probably right. Now if we go unbeaten from here out, and Cal and OR only lose to us, then put us back in the top 5 before 12/1, sure. Then if only LSU goes unbeaten, or no one does, we can make a push for a long-shot NC sniff with a big win (I mean by at least 30 points) over UCLA and some help from some other big losses.

But the Trojan's destiny will no longer be in their own hands, and oh well. That's just what happens when you lose to a 40 point underdog at home, and are 106th in turnover margin.....

We talked about it last week. I said USC was better off losing this month than next month if they hoped to get into the NC as a one loss team. Granted we didn't anticipate the loss would be to Stanford but if you look at the polls this week it's fairly obvious your Trojans will always be a favorite of the pollsters and can overcome this monsterous upset with big wins over Oregon and Cal. IMO though it will take S. Florida, Boston College, and Ohio State losing. Personally I don't think they can over take a one loss SEC champ if it comes down to that.

IMO though it will take S. Florida, Boston College, and Ohio State losing. Personally I don't think they can over take a one loss SEC champ if it comes down to that.

Uh, yeah, I'd have to agree. When they start looking at who you lost to and where, 'Stanford, @ Home!' would have to put USC at the bottom of the list...

Edit: hate to say it now, since the game is weeks away, but if we lose to Cal, I'll be rooting hard for them to go all the way. It seems pretty obvious this is a rebuilding year for us now - we'll be lucky to get the Holiday Bowl. And its not just the O that is lacking either - as good overall as the D has been, you can't give up 2 big 4th down plays to a QB in his first damn start, on the road! Our 4 wins are against teams that are combined 9-16, I think.

Which is why I say go ahead and put in another QB, to see what he can do, and give us more experience going into next year. Booty can go be an accountant or life insurance salesman somewhere....

Edited by Coffeeman

I think they should have dropped further, but I also think that the longer you remain unbeaten and in the top 5, the less you should drop even if you lose to a bad team. I think preseason rankings are totally lame and shouldn't exist. Being ranked top 5 preseason means the pollsters are simply guessing, based on recruiting, returning starters, rising starters, and spring practice who should be good. Of course, all that could mean nothing and if you stumble to a D-1AA team out the gate, the pollsters are going to think that they screwed up and you had no business being ranked that high. On the other hand, if they think you're supposed to be good and you win your first 5 or so games before screwing up royally, they're gonna punish you, but maybe not as badly.

Mich proved the pollsters had it right when they dropped them out of the top 25 when they got hammered the next week by Oregon.

I think USC got a gift by not dropping to around 15 or so. Hell, that's about where they dropped to last year when they lost to OSU on the road and that loss isn't in the same league as this one in terms of upsets.