[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huge pick up this week!

gobller

Sometimes I forget that there is a whole other fantasy football world out there, outside my realm of competitive leagues, where people are fighting over the likes of Ike Hilliard and Roscoe Parrish. Reading the Huddle message boards reminds me of that from time to time.

James Jones gets passed around like a college party favor in my league from week to week.....He's the best Wr available and Stecker was a steal at Rb......12 team competitive league.........Its funny because the waiver wire is joke and trade offers are funny.......everyone wants the world......Gates for.......Junk and try to convince you it adds depth...... :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about the league? The poster is a joke that he would brag about this. Pretty lame. :D

+1. At the very least, every player should go through waivers. I'm in one FCFS league but no-one would drop players like that - if they did, I'd quit after the season because acts like this make it pointless playing even if you win.

So this guy in our league is 1-3. I think he must have given up because I saw that he dropped almost all of his players for guys on the DL. Anyway... I waited paitently thinking these guys would fly off the waiver wire. I don't think anyone else saw this, so the players went to the FA pick up. I grabbed Ocho Cinco, Lamont Jordan, and Adrian Peterson. I dropped James Jones, Chris Brown, and Steven Jackson. I already had Romo, Big Ben, Wayne, Coles, Holmes, Branch, Jennings, Edge, and Lynch... I also grabbed them so no one else could benefit from those points, even if I can't start them all...

No one will be able to stop me now!!! :D:D:wacko:

I would be embarrassed to post this. These are moves would have been better kept to yourself. Since you obviously are playing in a league with children, get in the corner and take a time out!

Edited by The Wolf

So this guy in our league is 1-3. I think he must have given up because I saw that he dropped almost all of his players for guys on the DL. Anyway... I waited paitently thinking these guys would fly off the waiver wire. I don't think anyone else saw this, so the players went to the FA pick up. I grabbed Ocho Cinco, Lamont Jordan, and Adrian Peterson. I dropped James Jones, Chris Brown, and Steven Jackson. I already had Romo, Big Ben, Wayne, Coles, Holmes, Branch, Jennings, Edge, and Lynch... I also grabbed them so no one else could benefit from those points, even if I can't start them all...

You win the prize!

You dropped stephen jackson over a WR whos probably gonna sit week 16 and 17 due to playoffs, and picked up an injured back of Lamont Jordan and a good but unproven rookie Adrian Peterson... This league has to be free otherwise the guy wasted a ton of money and I dont think anyone would want to do that... Keep playin your warcraft kid...

If you win with this team there will be a permanent stain on it. This is a game, and the commish should have intervened and decided as a league what to do about it. The owner that jettisoned his players needs to be shown the door ASAP. Stuff like this blows for all the teams that play the game with integrity every week. It’s seems to be an unfair advantage, but as long as the rules aren’t broken good for you… still sucks for the other owners who just missed it because they have lives to lead. :climbsoffsoapbox:

You dropped stephen jackson over a WR whos probably gonna sit week 16 and 17 due to playoffs, and picked up an injured back of Lamont Jordan and a good but unproven rookie Adrian Peterson... This league has to be free otherwise the guy wasted a ton of money and I dont think anyone would want to do that... Keep playin your warcraft kid...

So this is so much like stealing candy from a baby that he shouldn't even post it and be ashamed because he is playing with children blah, blah, blah (says the first 14 posts), but now his pickups weren't very good anyways. :D

I forgot how much people just like to b!tch and complain. If you want to give the OP a hard time for his post or his league...wasn't it already done in the first few responses? Do we really need to drag this out so each of you can go on exactly why he is ghey, lame, or playing with children? It just seems a little ridiculous. I recommend this site to friends (ones that I don't play against of course) and would like to think that the good outweighs the bad in these forums. If you don't agree with someone's post or league and people have already made numerous statements that confirm your feelings on the topic...just move the hell along. We don't need everyone piling on some kid that thought you guys might appreciate his luck (or misfortune for being in a weak league). Basically, try to grow up a little before telling everyone else how they play with children. :D

gobb-

I wouldn't worry about the rest of these jerks around here. They get their kicks being elitist FF snobs and harping on the newbies. You did a good job with the waiver pick up, because someone would have if it wasn't you.

The pressure is on now to win it though. Keep us posted on how your league turns out. Good job. :D

So this is so much like stealing candy from a baby that he shouldn't even post it and be ashamed because he is playing with children blah, blah, blah (says the first 14 posts), but now his pickups weren't very good anyways. :D

No but he shouldn't post with such glee. And never consider he and that owner just ruined that league. If being a real winner is important he and the other owners there should fix that league.