[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Green Knocked Out AGAIN

Kansas State 2000

Sad and bad - but Green knew this was a potential outcome when he came back last season...

Hopefully he is okay, at least in a life-long sort of way...

yea, is it almost definite that his career is over?

Certainly nothing has been said so early but he had a severe one last year - I mean very bad - and if he got another one it would be unwise and foolish for him to play IMO. If I was a coach, I would not even allow him to play if he wanted to.

if it was Travis Johnson, then I don't blame him. Green went at his knee on the block. I'd be pissed too.

I blame everyone going after someone's head. If that is what he did. Being pissed is one thing going after the head is another.

I blame everyone going after someone's head. If that is what he did. Being pissed is one thing going after the head is another.

He didn't. He was chasing the runner and never saw Green coming, Green threw a low block and inadvertently caught a knee to the head.

He didn't. He was chasing the runner and never saw Green coming, Green threw a low block and inadvertently caught a knee to the head.

Good. It may be time for Green and Dan Morgan to retire. They probably won't but head injuries often don't heal.

Here is a link to the play.

As a Texan fan , I am extremely disappointed in Travis Johnson's response:

"At 12:01, I had a lot of respect for Trent Green. At about 12:20, I said, '(Forget) Trent Green,' because the bottom line is it was a malicious hit," Johnson said. "It was uncalled for. He's like the scarecrow. He wanted to get courage while I wasn't looking and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head."

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today," Johnson said. "The bottom line is football is not about that. If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest; don't hit me in my knee.

"I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he was."

After getting pulled back in the locker room, he coincidentally came out with a little more PC answer. :D

"I apologize for going off like that," Johnson said. "As a D-lineman, when you have people going at your knees, it's tough on you mentally. But at the same time, I shouldn't have reacted like that. I'm sorry the penalty ended up leading to a score.

''I ended up hurting my team," Johnson said. ''I shouldn't have let my anger get to me. I apologized to coach Kub because I hurt my team. I should have kept my cool. But being in that situation, this is a game of controlled violence. Really, I let my anger get the best of me."

I didn't have a problem with the block at all. Johnson is an underachieving loud mouth that should have had his head on a swivel. I thought it was just Trent Green trying to make a block on a player he was giving up 100 pounds too.

Here is a link to the play.

As a Texan fan , I am extremely disappointed in Travis Johnson's response:

After getting pulled back in the locker room, he coincidentally came out with a little more PC answer. :D

I didn't have a problem with the block at all. Johnson is an underachieving loud mouth that should have had his head on a swivel. I thought it was just Trent Green trying to make a block on a player he was giving up 100 pounds too.

Seeing the play I can understand why he was so mad and being in the heat of the game I could also see him reacting that way. Sitting at home it's easy for us to judge a players actions on the field, but I would imagine it's very difficult to control your emotions while on the field. I do think he was sincere with his apology after given some time to cool down.

I know it's frustrating for linemen when people go for the knees, but that's the way it's taught. There's no way Trent Green could block him up top. There was nothing malicious about that block. It was nothing more than a cut block. People do it all the time. I played WR in college and played some semi-pro ball. You are taught to how to cut block because there's no way most WRs and RBs can take on 230 lb linebackers and 290 lb linemen. Johnson is an a-hole. It's part of the game. If you don't like it, put down the doughnuts.

Seeing the play I can understand why he was so mad and being in the heat of the game I could also see him reacting that way. Sitting at home it's easy for us to judge a players actions on the field, but I would imagine it's very difficult to control your emotions while on the field. I do think he was sincere with his apology after given some time to cool down.

The apology was after he was called back in the locker room.THE SECOND TIME!!

If Green wasn't hurt, and popped back up, he would be praised in highlight shows as "look at Trent Green sacraficing his body, throwing a great block, etc.". There wasn't anything dirty about that hit, Johnson had a line on the ball carrier, it wasn't like Green did it on the other side of the field.

You would have thought the time between Green being carted out strapped to a backboard and when he made his initial comments would have been enough time to cool down. The taunting could be excused as not knowing Green was injured, but that argument is tossed out the window with the post-game comments.