[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone watching the ARI - STL game?

Brentastic

fumbled into the end zone dubiously recovered by Arizona for a TD. You'll have to see it. STL looked like they recoverd it, but a guy jumped in and took it from him and the refs gave the Cards the TD.

Edited by CaptainHook

Looks like they switched the official scoring from fumble recovery for TD to Edge 6 yd. TD run.

This makes sense. First, it showed as a fumble on the zero yard line and the only a person who can recover a fumble for a gain is the player who lost the fumble. If he fumbled on the zero maybe the tip of the ball reached the goaline prior to the fumble. By rule, another player couldn't have recovered for a TD.

This makes sense. First, it showed as a fumble on the zero yard line and the only a person who can recover a fumble for a gain is the player who lost the fumble. If he fumbled on the zero maybe the tip of the ball reached the goaline prior to the fumble. By rule, another player couldn't have recovered for a TD.

I'm pretty sure that's only true in the final 2 minutes of a game.

:D that would be good for me. But thats not what they showed on hightlights earlier.

The replay official wasn't very clear on the ruling. All he said was the play stood as called. Touchdown. But he didn't say who scored it. It looked like the correct call was that James didn't fumble and was down at the one yard line.

It should NOT be an Edge TD. Edge's elbow was down WELL before the goal line and then the ball squirted out into the EZ where another Arizona player recovered the ball.

The ref just said TD stands.

I would be very surprised if tomorrow it is an Edge TD.

If his elbow was down, he was down. It shouldn't have been ruled a fumble.

Man, you guys thought it was confusing for you! I was there and we never got a good explanation of WHAT happened because the crowd was booing the ref so loud when he said the play stands that we couldn't hear his explanation.