[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Add Shaun Alexander to the list of 1st round busts

NYCDOG

Life long Hawk fan here, I traded Alexander this past off season for C Palmer in my keeper league. At the time most people thought I was crazy, but Palmer was the best offer I could get. (Our league is in Seattle and full of hardcore Hawk fans, so the fact no one really wanted him says something). \

So I'm, not sure what exactly DMD is smoking, but between the O Line not opening many holes, Hass regressing this year, and Alexander running like the pussley many hardcore Hawk fans suspected he was, I'd dump him if you can get any value for him. You'd think with all his records, the fans of Seattle would adore him like they do Largent... but there is something about SA. He has never seemed like a "tough" player, and it's getting ridiculously apparent.

As much as it pains me, the Hawks will not be the typical offensive team we've come to know recently, and I would stake my car on Alexander finishing with under 1,000 yards and around 6-8 TDs, tops. Alexander is older, got paid, isn't running with passion... he is reminding me of Tiki in the fact he is playing for himself now (and not injuring himself by running hard) now that he got paid. And Holmgren is getting fed up.

Trade him if you can get ANYTHING of value for him. If you have any owners in your league that are suckers for big names, send them an email.

Alexander, Shaun SEA NOS 110 2

Player projections for Alexander this week. Not like I was expecting all of this but a little would of been nice! Why did they take him out???

They( (the coaches) really didn't take him out. SA has been underperforming and is coming out on passing downs with his casted left hand. FB Leonard Weaver took a carry on a 2nd and long for 34 yards and is a better receiver out of the backfield. I'd tell you not to read into it too much, but I wouldn't mean it.

Well, I'll probably still win this week (3 pts down and I have Plax) but I have a feeling I should have started Jacobs (won't know until later of course). Soon as I take Alexander out though he'll go off. Definitely first round bust at this point. Just hoping he's not done for the season.

Well, I went against my good sense & burned a 1.05 on Alexander in my $$$ local league. His performance alone is going to keep me out of the playoffs & any chance of defending my title.

Alexander is a classic example of why owners hate giving up hugh money for players - he got the big money and has been a POS ever since - even giving him a break for injuries. His heart just isn't in running hard any more.

He never ran hard unless the goal line was involved.

Not entirely true. He has never been a Marion Barber III, but he used to have a chip on his shoulder. He was "stabbed in the back", remember? For a year and a half he ran hard. When the team had no respect, he had not gotten his glory yet, and he had not got paid, he actually kind of ran with a little edge. In addition to the fact that he is soft to begin with, I believe it is just human nature that the chip that was once on his shoulder is no longer there, and he has had his penis removed, and now around town goes by the name of LaShaunda.

In addition to the fact that he is soft to begin with, I believe it is just human nature that the chip that was once on his shoulder is no longer there, and he has had his penis removed, and now around town goes by the name of LaShaunda.

:D

You couldn't have let us know that before the season started, could you?

To be fair, other than Addai in week 1 the Saints have been pretty solid against the run and now with Hollis Thomas playing well again they looked even better last night. Seriously, I wouldn't be ready to hang up the cleats just yet. I just don't think he's the every game starter anymore and Holmgren as well as the broken hand aren't helping much either.

He cant use his off arm like he usually does ,switch hands or stay in everydown to get rythm.He protects the wrist even with the cast on ...when hes in think run when hes not think pass because he cannot block effectively.When Alexander is in think run,when hes out think pass.Once the cast is off maybe it will change,maybe it wont ,but as for now he is a bust .

The offensive line may be the biggest bust,but then again they werent any better last year IMO.

Until Alexander heals they are probably better off making him a goaline back becaise once he smells the endzone his perspective changes,he stops dancing and searching for holes.Until his wrist heals or his offensive line opens up gaping holes hes more of a liability.

Edited by xtra

As a season ticket holder and someone who watches every Seahawk game, I have to say while Alexander's running has been bad, the OL is making a complete disaster out of the Seahawks offense. That OL has got to be one of the worst I've seen this season, and I watch a lot of football.

I don't care who the Seahawks starting RB is, I wouldn't be starting him unless I absolutely had to, and the matchup was good... Hell, I'd have a hard time trusting Hasselbeck because that OL is going to get him killed.

Next week might be a decent start for Alexander, so start him if you have to. But he's definitely a matchup player right now, nowhere near an every game "start and forget" player. You'd be better off just removing the "start" and going with "forget".

As a season ticket holder and someone who watches every Seahawk game, I have to say while Alexander's running has been bad, the OL is making a complete disaster out of the Seahawks offense. That OL has got to be one of the worst I've seen this season, and I watch a lot of football.

I don't care who the Seahawks starting RB is, I wouldn't be starting him unless I absolutely had to, and the matchup was good... Hell, I'd have a hard time trusting Hasselbeck because that OL is going to get him killed.

Next week might be a decent start for Alexander, so start him if you have to. But he's definitely a matchup player right now, nowhere near an every game "start and forget" player. You'd be better off just removing the "start" and going with "forget".

The decision not to franchise Hutchinson becomes a bigger debacle each passing season.

The decision not to franchise Hutchinson becomes a bigger debacle each passing season.

While I was in the camp of "that sucked, but we can get over it" I have to say it's have a larger effect than I thought it would. The biggest thing is Hutch plays with a mean streak. He brought attitude to our OL, and that was something that really made the other guys play better... he went well with the quiet "lead by example" of Walter Jones. But without Hutch, these guys have no edge. They're constantly getting pushed back into the backfield.

Personally, I don't really blame SA for having some terrible outings, as he was never a RB who could make people miss in the backfield. SA was always the type that needed a running start, make one cut through a hole and get downfield against smaller LBs and DBs. But when you have DEs and DTs constantly in the backfield and LBs blowing up any miniscule holes our line manages to hold for half a second, unless you're freakin' Barry Sanders, you're not going anywhere. That's why SA keeps maddeningly bouncing runs to the outside where he doesn't have the speed to get to the edge... the middle of the line is constantly getting blown up in his face.

Not entirely true. He has never been a Marion Barber III, but he used to have a chip on his shoulder. He was "stabbed in the back", remember? For a year and a half he ran hard. When the team had no respect, he had not gotten his glory yet, and he had not got paid, he actually kind of ran with a little edge. In addition to the fact that he is soft to begin with, I believe it is just human nature that the chip that was once on his shoulder is no longer there, and he has had his penis removed, and now around town goes by the name of LaShaunda.

I think at times he appeared to be running with purpose when it was really more a function of the holes the line was opening up. Not that he never ran with purpose, just never with any regularity unless it meant scoring a TD. A more talented Chris Warren is what he has reminded of from day 1.