[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THAT WAS the LAST chance for Brees!

RJV

On the plus side, I see Brees and the Saints decline as yet another example of how things are getting back to normal in the post-Katrina Big Easy :D

good thing i started him in the Huddle MVP today. decided against Brady at the last minute. Also, I had planned on starting Kenton Keith but chicked out because Dungy didnt feel like letting anyone know until it was too late. :D

I expected much more, particularly after a bye. Wow this team stinks right now. I still think they get it going maybe for the 2nd half of the year but there is now way Brees should start for anyone now until he puts a couple of good games together. He's a solid QB who has never played this poorly before.

On the plus side, I see Brees and the Saints decline as yet another example of how things are getting back to normal in the post-Katrina Big Easy :D

I'm sorry, but this just isn't funny anymore. I'm getting sick of people kicking us while we're down. Thanks a lot for taking one of the few bright spots (Saints first ever NFC Championship game) the people have down here and making it into a "fluke." The Saints WILL turn around their season, they WILL end with a winning record and maybe they won't be the toast of the NFC but at least we'll be able to shut people like you up who like to take advantage of our misfortune.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't funny anymore. I'm getting sick of people kicking us while we're down. Thanks a lot for taking one of the few bright spots (Saints first ever NFC Championship game) the people have down here and making it into a "fluke." The Saints WILL turn around their season, they WILL end with a winning record and maybe they won't be the toast of the NFC but at least we'll be able to shut people like you up who like to take advantage of our misfortune.

You tell him Rajn! :D

I agree Rajn. I really enjoyed the Saints success last year. I mean REALLY enjoyed it. I cheered for them right along with my Colts. Mainly for people like you (and YOU specifically)

I'm with ya. I sure hope & believe they'll turn it around. They still have a lot of talent. Much to still be excited about for the future.

Rajn ... I hope you are right ... I'm a fan of Peyton, Brees and McAllister and would like to see them do well. However, I fear the Saints will struggle all year.

Yeah SURE you will. LMAO

Actually I still haven't given up that they will turn it around at least to a point of respectability.......but that belief wanes with each pathetic outing. Of all the weirdness of this year, the Saints diving so bad so quickly is the weirdest. I mean cmon CAR was down to some 3d string QB schlep and they STILL lost.

Enjoy the :bag:s. Course w/all the butt-ugly people you have down there paper bags are probably appropriate anyway.

:D

Although the scores were taken away, I view today as a positive. Henderson had a great day and Brees put up some yardage. If those 2 TD's count, everyone is saying he is back. I traded for Brees and I think today was a step in the right direction....at least fantasy wise.

Edited by Coyote

I hate to say it, but 8-8 would be a miracle at this point. It's just an "off year" IMO. This is NOT the "same old Saints" here....it's just an example of a good team not getting the breaks and not playing up to the level they are capable. Brees is definitely not right....timing is off, protection hasn't been very good..and he just flat out does not look comfortable. Alot of blame has to go to Payton's playcalling IMO, as it looks somewhat predictable, and opposing DEF's don't look fooled or off-balance one bit. He was the best OFF playcaller in the league last year, but the playcalling has been somewhat questionable this year...at least early on. Losing Deuce was huge, but Bush played a good game today. Deuce's impact will be sorely missed as most of Reggie's best runs were still to the outside. Stecker was more effective running inside. The biggest problem though is the DEF is not playing well, and cannot tackle anybody when it counts. The DL got a bit more pressure today, but Grant and W. Smith have to get more SACKS. Their already weak LB corp is hurting badly without Fujita who carries those guys. Looking at the schedule ahead, they will have to put together something very special to make some noise this year. Just an off year, but certainly not the "Saints of old". This team has alot of talent...but better get more DEF help next offseason. The Offense will come around...but it looks like it will be too late this year.

Edited by Hitman

Saints over achieved last yr. They have talent no doubt, but you have to protect the Qb, and give him time to find a target down the field. Reggie also isnt the answer as a full time back. And the D is horrible. But Payton is the right man for the job and NO will be competitive this yr.

I'm done with him, he cost me again today. Schaub from here on out, even thought he didn't do too much today.

Schuab is playing better.Im stuck with Schuab next week and unless Andre comes back will be wishing I had Brees.Id much rather play against the Seahawk defense than the Jaguars. :D

Edited by xtra

good thing i started him in the Huddle MVP today. decided against Brady at the last minute. Also, I had planned on starting Kenton Keith but chicked out because Dungy didnt feel like letting anyone know until it was too late. :D

Dude, you did not just say you benched Brady for Brees. Brady at home vs Clev. Just let that sink in for a minute.

The Saints and Bears have something in common. Simply a major decline in the offensive line from last year. It's really amazing how that can happen.

Really, considering its pretty much the same except for John St. Clair. It doesn't really have much to do with the offensive line but the fact that Benson is awful.