[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike McCarthy put on a clinic tonight

piratesownninjas

Piss poor play calling from Mike McCarthy in the second half. I understand that he wanted to establish a running game, but what he did in the second half was unforgivable. You went away from your strength. Offensively in the first half Green Bay did everything they wanted, then for whatever reason, MM decided that something needed to change.

To further worsen things, the Favre INT to Urlacher was putrid. Being a lifelong Packers fan I've long grown used to Favre trying to do something and turning the ball... Thats not the problem. My problem was that there wasn't a packer receiver close... I don't remember if it was Jennings or Jones, he was a good 4-5 yards away from where Favre launched it--Right to Urlacher.

On top of that, Charles Woodson has no business returning punts in Green Bay...

1. He's too valuable at the corner to risk injury.

2. He isn't the same returner he was when he was wearing maize and blue.

3. He tries to return anything and everything. He doesn't know when to let the ball go...

All in all, this is one of the most frustrating losses in recent memory. They dominated and then went away with what was working... They have there foot on the hated Bears throats, then let them up and gave them the game... I know that the 4-0 start was kind of flukish with the fumbles in the Philly game, but to completely dominate, then to give it away is horrid...

Just an angry packer fan venting...

:D

19 yards rushing in the second half will make many head coaches change their game plan, but I will admit they seemed to play it way close to the vest....but then there's the whole momentum thing, and the Bears O doing enough to keep their D fresh. I don't think you can pin it on any one thing.....with the exception of Chavez opening his big mouth on the boards leading up to the game. :D

19 yards rushing in the second half will make many head coaches change their game plan, but I will admit they seemed to play it way close to the vest....but then there's the whole momentum thing, and the Bears O doing enough to keep their D fresh. I don't think you can pin it on any one thing.....with the exception of Chavez opening his big mouth on the boards leading up to the game. :D

MM was afraid to pass the ball in the second half... The pass is what has scored you points all year long...

MM was afraid to pass the ball in the second half... The pass is what has scored you points all year long...

OK, so you have a rookie who can't hold on to the ball (tonight) and you have another receiver who gets dinged...and you're facing a team that plays Cover Two as good as anyone else, with 2 TE's that are very slow. Put a better pass rush in the 2nd half while they are shutting down the run, perhaps you wanted Favre to lose and throw 4 INT's tonight?

I am saying the Packers are not as good as their record suggests.....My 2¢....

There some questionable calls that also helped the Bears. yes I admit the Bears won but the illegal formation on the Field Goal to give the Bears a first down? What is that?

The long catch along the sideline for the Bears. There was no push off right to the back of Collins? What was that? The holding on every other play on the Pack offensive line and the Bears did not hold at all???

The game would have been a different game without the formation call and with the correct offensive pass interference call that should have been made.

There some questionable calls that also helped the Bears. yes I admit the Bears won but the illegal formation on the Field Goal to give the Bears a first down? What is that?

The long catch along the sideline for the Bears. There was no push off right to the back of Collins? What was that? The holding on every other play on the Pack offensive line and the Bears did not hold at all???

The game would have been a different game without the formation call and with the correct offensive pass interference call that should have been made.

Oh, good Lord. Here you go. :D

That's all you've got? The ref's lost the game for your Pack? You are the annoying guy that laughs at the Bears when they lose, but I must make a notation that you are also one that blames the refs when your team loses. :D

:wacko:

Edited by gilthorp

Oh, good Lord. Here you go. :D

That's all you've got? The ref's lost the game for your Pack? You are the annoying guy that laughs at the Bears when they lose, but I must make a notation that you are also one that blames the refs when your team loses. :D

:wacko:

Not saying the refs lost the game. Just saying it would have played out differently. The Field Goal was ticky tacky and was a huge play in the game. The non call on pass interference on Olsen was pass interference and should have been called.

Those two plays were huge and did impact the game. You have to at least admit that.

The Bears were back to winning on turnovers and getting a bit of help and that is what they needed and this now may turn there season around. This was a much needed win for them.

Not saying the refs lost the game. Just saying it would have played out differently. The Field Goal was ticky tacky and was a huge play in the game. The non call on pass interference on Olsen was pass interference and should have been called.

Those two plays were huge and did impact the game. You have to at least admit that.

The Bears were back to winning on turnovers and getting a bit of help and that is what they needed and this now may turn there season around. This was a much needed win for them.

Yes, and the Bears not having their act together on the first drive impacted the game, as well as them missing their starting CB in Vasher impacted the game........you can go on and on. Your previous post pointed to the refs making calls that impacted the game, and zero credit being given to the Bears forcing 3 fumbles....or a boneheaded move by Favre tossing a pick inside their own 20. Plenty of blame to go around.

Yes, and the Bears not having their act together on the first drive impacted the game, as well as them missing their starting CB in Vasher impacted the game........you can go on and on. Your previous post pointed to the refs making calls that impacted the game, and zero credit being given to the Bears forcing 3 fumbles....or a boneheaded move by Favre tossing a pick inside their own 20. Plenty of blame to go around.

Agreed 100%. Players make plays and they don't make plays and that is what is supposed to impact a game. A ref calling a ticky tack weird rule on a field goal and not calling pass interference when a player pushes off on another player takes something away from the players and does change the game.

The turnovers and the horrible interception di make huge impacts on the game and it never should have been as close as the game was. The two plays I mentioned just happened to be two huge plays.

Piss poor play calling from Mike McCarthy in the second half. I understand that he wanted to establish a running game, but what he did in the second half was unforgivable. You went away from your strength. Offensively in the first half Green Bay did everything they wanted, then for whatever reason, MM decided that something needed to change.

To further worsen things, the Favre INT to Urlacher was putrid. Being a lifelong Packers fan I've long grown used to Favre trying to do something and turning the ball... Thats not the problem. My problem was that there wasn't a packer receiver close... I don't remember if it was Jennings or Jones, he was a good 4-5 yards away from where Favre launched it--Right to Urlacher.

On top of that, Charles Woodson has no business returning punts in Green Bay...

1. He's too valuable at the corner to risk injury.

2. He isn't the same returner he was when he was wearing maize and blue.

3. He tries to return anything and everything. He doesn't know when to let the ball go...

All in all, this is one of the most frustrating losses in recent memory. They dominated and then went away with what was working... They have there foot on the hated Bears throats, then let them up and gave them the game... I know that the 4-0 start was kind of flukish with the fumbles in the Philly game, but to completely dominate, then to give it away is horrid...

Just an angry packer fan venting...

Maybe it's time for the running game to get going, because the passing game is getting really tiring.

OK, so you have a rookie who can't hold on to the ball (tonight) and you have another receiver who gets dinged...and you're facing a team that plays Cover Two as good as anyone else, with 2 TE's that are very slow. Put a better pass rush in the 2nd half while they are shutting down the run, perhaps you wanted Favre to lose and throw 4 INT's tonight?

Did you see what they did to that cover two defense? Vasher being out limits what they can do...

pack shoulda went back to morency in the second half, d wynn showed as the game wore on that without a gaping hole, his straight ahead no wiggle fat arse is a seventh rounder who should not be the starting back there. yeah yeah, he had a few nice runs on that opening drive, but hell a ford bronco coulda fit through those holes. the guy is also a liability in another part of the game the pack usually utilizes, throwing the outlet to the back, heck in the fourth quarter he didnt even know he was supposed to be an outlet on one play and never even looked back at favre. yes yes, the pack has no really top notch proven guy, but at least morency has shown something in this offense at yrs end last yr, and in the first half yesterday.

not a pack or morency fan, couldnt care less what they do, but just some observations......

I would put the blame on this loss more on Favre's shoulders than McCarthy's. Favre started playing his sand-lot game, got cute, and turned the ball over deep in his own territory late in the game. His wasnt' the only mistake made by Green Bay, but it was the most costly... and as the veteran leader of the team, he just can't be pulling that crap. If they were losing and he was just trying to do anything to try to steal a victory, that's one thing... but when you are leading or tied late in teh game, and you're playing a strong division rival, you just can't do what he did.

I would put the blame on this loss more on Favre's shoulders than McCarthy's. Favre started playing his sand-lot game, got cute, and turned the ball over deep in his own territory late in the game. His wasnt' the only mistake made by Green Bay, but it was the most costly... and as the veteran leader of the team, he just can't be pulling that crap. If they were losing and he was just trying to do anything to try to steal a victory, that's one thing... but when you are leading or tied late in teh game, and you're playing a strong division rival, you just can't do what he did.

Favre is Favre. You understand that with the laser-sighted 30 yd darts that fit into a 2 foot window that you also get the occassional brain fart. It's the cursed part of having genius-level talent.

If a coach can't live with that, he needs to find a new starting QB. But the fact is that Favre was exactly the reason GB was ahead comfortably despite 3 turnovers that had nothing to do with Favre. To take the game completely out of his hands because of the one mistake is unforgivable. I don't know how a NFL HC lives with himself knowing he not only didn't do everything he could to win the game, but actively contributed to the loss.

I'll give the Bears credit - they certainly lulled McCarthy into thinking that he coudl run at will in the first half. They started bringing their safeties up in the second half and McCarthy ran right into it. Too many mistakes to point to one, but as a philosophy for the game I think Lovie pulled one on Mike.