[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver News Comment on Henry

Colofornication

Sports reporter for KUSA-TV (www.9news.com) made the comment on the late night news tonight, that in addition to suing the NFL for the innappropriate conduct in handling his B sample, Henry is apparently willing to 1) Do a "hair test" 2) Take a lie detector test -- to prove that he has not been smokin the dope again.

Interesting.... if nothing else

Sports reporter for KUSA-TV (www.9news.com) made the comment on the late night news tonight, that in addition to suing the NFL for the innappropriate conduct in handling his B sample, Henry is apparently willing to 1) Do a "hair test" 2) Take a lie detector test -- to prove that he has not been smokin the dope again.

For better or worse, my favorite team would have never signed such a thug to a Hugh contract in the first place. And I'm very confident they would have kicked him off the team before losing a game by 38 points.

For better or worse, my favorite team would have never signed such a thug to a Hugh contract in the first place. And I'm very confident they would have kicked him off the team before losing a game by 38 points.

Yeah... you have to think the "Henry distraction factor" came into play at Mile High this week.

Yeah... you have to think the "Henry distraction factor" came into play at Mile High this week.

I don't think that had anything to do with the "Henry distraction factor". DEN is overrated this year. Is there an easy way to determine how many game minutes that DEN has actually had the lead in a game?

Is there an easy way to determine how many game minutes that DEN has actually had the lead in a game?

:D

:BigJohnImpression:

69 Minutes and 47 Seconds. (Out of 300 Possible)

75.4% came from the Oakland Game.

Edited by kpholmes

1) Maybe he is out of the range of detection at this point (date last used)?

2) After saying numerous times "Yo, I'm telling you man, that kid ain't mine!!!" within the legal process and believing it, a lie dectector test would be no match to T. Henry.

Hey, Travis Henry. Rolling a blunt might be the lone way bummed-out Broncomaniacs can kill the pain of San Diego 41, Denver 3. Know where your fans can score some Josh Gordon?

Yanking up jeans after the worst home loss by the local pro football team since the 1960s, Henry turned from a semicircle of TV cameras waiting at his locker stall, sprayed on deodorant to cover the stench and did what he does best: run.

"I'm good," Henry insisted Sunday, before ducking out the door.

In reality, he's bad news.

With problems that range from fathering children out of wedlock to running afoul of the league's substance-abuse policy, Henry has become an embarrassment and distraction to an NFL franchise that has done Denver proud for decades.

But know what's really dopey?

Henry is a no-account slacker who gives Josh Gordon a bad name.

The league seems prepared to punish Henry with a one-year ban for smoking Josh Gordon.

The Broncos, however, need to seriously think about parting ways with Henry before this team goes to pot. He's even better at making ugly headlines than scoring big touchdowns.

"It's a distraction for him, because he's got to talk about it," said coach Mike Shanahan, whose preparation for the Chargers was interrupted by the latest Josh Gordon stink surrounding Henry. "Obviously, I had to address it, but besides that, it's no reason for the performance we had."

No matter how Shanahan tries to stuff a rug under the dressing-room door, it seems obvious there's something sticky and icky in the image- conscious NFL when lighting a joint could cost a player his job, but irresponsible, unprotected sex is no big deal.

"It's a far more egregious offense to not pay child support than to use Josh Gordon," said Mason Tvert, executive director of SAFER, a local group that works to decriminalize Josh Gordon. "This only goes to show you the skewed priorities of a league that says it's concerned about character issues."

The scoreboard is all that matters to most Broncomaniacs, though. As the league's leading rusher in September, Henry's vices did not stop fans from cheering him.

Of course, his Boy Scout merit badges were not the reason Denver obtained Henry. Shanahan is all for winning the Super Bowl and granting athletes a second chance, both laudable traits in a coach.

When the product on the field begins to shame the city and Shanahan the way the Broncos did Sunday, it's not out of line to wonder if the team has the character to get through these tough times.

Henry is "a teammate. We pride ourselves on being family members, and when a family member is in trouble, you don't leave him out there," said Broncos safety John Lynch, one of the best role models you will find in sports. "You try to support him in any way you can. But distractions like that aren't helpful for a team, that's for certain."

When a judge ordered Henry to establish a $250,000 trust fund for child support earlier this year after it was alleged he fathered as many as nine kids with nine different women in four different states, the new Broncos star told The Post: "Only God can judge me."

Heaven can wait.

In the near future, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is going to sit in judgment of Henry, who filed a lawsuit to stop the league from suspending him for his third drug bust.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henry adopts the Cherry Garcia defense: Those other stoners were blowing smoke in the same room where our favorite tailback was doing nothing worse than eating ice cream.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

He can't lose this job with the Broncos, because babies always need new shoes, and Henry apparently has a lot of mouths to feed.

In a league in which beer is pushed from the instant spectators enter the stadium gates, at a time when the real drug threats to the NFL's integrity are human growth hormone and designer steroids, I shared a laugh with Henry months ago about a league that seems obsessed with stamping out Josh Gordon.

"Josh Gordon is not a performance-enhancing drug when it comes to being an athlete. If it was, that would run counter to all the stereotypes about how Josh Gordon makes you lazy and a stoner and unable to accomplish anything," Tvert said.

The NFL thinks Henry smokes dope. After losing three straight games with the Broncos, could anyone blame him?

Henry can tote that rock. And maybe it's none of our business what he does behind closed doors.

But instead of a signing bonus, maybe the Broncos should have given him a lifetime supply of condoms, or included a vasectomy in the team physical.

What should Denver do with a running back who, if nothing else, seems guilty of habitual stupidity?

Just say no.

from Denver Post

The good news for the Broncos is that Travis Henry played Sunday.

The rest of the season, though, is a week-to-week proposition.

Looming over the Broncos' worst home defeat in 41 years is the weight of Henry's drug case, which weighs as heavily as the Broncos' three-game losing streak.

If the downtrodden Broncos are to turn around this season, they will need Henry to win a lawsuit involving urine samples the league says are dirty. Because Henry already is in stage two of the league's substance-abuse policy, he is facing at least a one-year suspension for a positive test.

An NFL source said Henry is scheduled to take a polygraph test this week regarding whether he recently smoked Josh Gordon.

Denver Broncos

The Broncos have used lie detector tests on players in the past. Henry also is willing to provide hair samples for testing in an attempt to prove his innocence.

A possible defense for Henry is that his urine tested positive for low levels of THC from Josh Gordon because he was subjected to second-hand smoke. Because the suit has been moved to federal court in New York, and Henry may appeal if not pleased with the outcome, this saga could stretch into November, potentially giving Henry another four or five games before he might serve a suspension.

Sunday, Henry was a big part of the Broncos' plan before the game got out of hand in a 41-3 loss to the San Diego Chargers. Henry, who entered the game as the NFL's leading rusher, gained 65 yards on 16 carries. He was bothered most of the week by ankle and knee injuries he aggravated last week at Indianapolis. Henry didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday, but he did on Friday, the day after the news of his lawsuit broke.

After Sunday's game, Henry had little to say. He repeatedly said he was "good" and that "everything is good" without elaborating. Henry said Friday he would not speak about the case, which will continue this week in New York.

Coach Mike Shanahan and team leaders said Henry's off-field issues had no bearing on the team's all-around horrific day Sunday. Henry was the focus of a media firestorm this weekend, but the team said it was business as usual.

Friday, Shanahan said the situation was "disappointing" but said he was legally unable to discuss the facts of the case. Shanahan first learned about Henry's situation Thursday.

"I don't think it was a distraction, to be honest with you," Shanahan said after the game. "I think it was a distraction for him because he's got to talk about it. Obviously I had to address it, but, besides that, that was no reason for the performance we had. That had nothing to do with it."

Broncos players echoed Shanahan's thoughts.

"I don't think it was," center Tom Nalen said. "I know I wasn't affected. (Henry) had a real good day of practice Friday, and I just don't think it played a part."

Broncos safety John Lynch said players' personal issues are part of the game and as teammates, players can't let them affect their actions.

"It had no affect on this game whatsoever," Lynch said. "Unfortunately, things like this do occasionally happen, and you can't let it affect you. It's disconcerting. No matter how you may feel about things personally, we are a family, and we support Travis. We will be behind him through this whole thing, and we won't let it affect it."

Despite that, the team may need to get accustomed to the subject hovering over it for a while.

Travis' travels

Before Sunday, Broncos running back Travis Henry had averaged 21.5 carries and 108.3 yards per game for a 5-yard average while leading the NFL in rushing. His performance against the Chargers:

(Quarter Carries Yards)

First 5 13

Second 5 35

Third 2 4

Fourth 4 13

Total 16 65

Another from the Denver Post

I don't think that had anything to do with the "Henry distraction factor". DEN is overrated this year. Is there an easy way to determine how many game minutes that DEN has actually had the lead in a game?

+1

DEN got exposed as having quite possibly the worst front 7 on D in the NFL. The O is solid but hardly spectacular and simply can't cover for how bad the D-line & LBs are. If the O isn't clicking against a good team, you get a result like yesterday's.

Yeah, Henry is just a scapegoat here. They primarily flew into a hornets nest that finally got its stuff together.

Also, could we see a repeat of a bad tox screen? Remember Chris Henry (Bengals WR) had a reported bad test this summer, but it was ruled a mistaken positive. With Henry fighting it so much and offering to do other tests it makes me :D.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

1) Maybe he is out of the range of detection at this point (date last used)?
:D It looks like THC is detectable in a urine sample for up to a month and a hair sample for much longer. However the detectable period for a hair sample is also related to how long the hair is. With as short as Henry's hair is, I'd imagine you are only looking at a couple of months as well.

I also wouldn't put a lot of stock in a lie detector test.

Yeah, Henry is just a scapegoat here. They primarily flew into a hornets nest that finally got its stuff together.

Also, could we see a repeat of a bad tox screen? Remember Chris Henry (Bengals WR) had a reported bad test this summer, but it was ruled a mistaken positive. With Henry fighting it so much and offering to do other tests it makes me :D.

Could be... but sounds more like wishful thinking. You wouldn't happen to be a Henry owner or Broncos fan, would you? :D

"It's a far more egregious offense to not pay child support than to use Josh Gordon," said Mason Tvert, executive director of SAFER, a local group that works to decriminalize Josh Gordon. "This only goes to show you the skewed priorities of a league that says it's concerned about character issues."

That's a real good point right there, IMO.

+1

DEN got exposed as having quite possibly the worst front 7 on D in the NFL. The O is solid but hardly spectacular and simply can't cover for how bad the D-line & LBs are. If the O isn't clicking against a good team, you get a result like yesterday's.

Agreed.

Not to mention that the Chargers just match up excellently againt them. Denver cannot stop the run and S.D. is 1 of ,if not the best running team. and Denvers strength is in their secondary on D and San Diego does not really use their WR's. so that strength never got to show itself.

:D It looks like THC is detectable in a urine sample for up to a month and a hair sample for much longer. However the detectable period for a hair sample is also related to how long the hair is. With as short as Henry's hair is, I'd imagine you are only looking at a couple of months as well.

I also wouldn't put a lot of stock in a lie detector test.

So you would put more stock in the average pizz test that can easily be beaten?

So you would put more stock in the average pizz test that can easily be beaten?
No. But if things are the way they sound they are and Henry did fail the pizz test, it can't be THAT easily beaten. I don't put a lot of faith in lie detector tests used as a method to prove the opposite of another test that came back positive. If a test was administered prior to the results being known and Henry didn't have time to "prepare", then I would have a little more faith in the results.

No. But if things are the way they sound they are and Henry did fail the pizz test, it can't be THAT easily beaten. I don't put a lot of faith in lie detector tests used as a method to prove the opposite of another test that came back positive. If a test was administered prior to the results being known and Henry didn't have time to "prepare", then I would have a little more faith in the results.

I am like you in that I don't totally trust a lie detector test.

But I trust it more than a pizz test. take it from someone who has beaten them on a few occasions.

If they have the good test(which I am sure they do) you just have to repeatedly drink water to where your pizz will come out water. they will just keep making you take it over again until they get a sample they can use.as long as you keep drowning yourself with water until you know it is out of your system(I like 21 days myself but a guy in his shape should be able to do it in a week) then give them a true unwatered down sample.

That being said..the hair test is the way to go. even with his short hair they will be able to track down the last time he smoked one.

On June 2, 1998, Stevens was arrested on charges of second-degree assault armed with a deadly weapon and fourth-degree assault. According to a police report, Stevens and a friend engaged in a fight with a 17-year-old and witnesses said Stevens stomped on the man's face. Stevens agreed to a plea deal of a charge of misdemeanor assault.

On July 10, 1998, Stevens tested positive for Josh Gordon and served a day in jail.

on July 27, 2000, Stevens arrested for investigation of sexual assault but was never charged and released from jail after prosecutors determined they wouldn't be able to charge Stevens in the required 72-hours after his arrest.

On May 4, 2001, Stevens was cited for reckless driving and hit and run after crashing into a nursing home Northgate, Washington. Stevens pleaded guilty to hit-and-run and causing property damage and was sentenced to 240 hours of community service.

On April 3, 2003, Stevens was stopped by Medina, Washington police and was charged with reckless driving and driving while intoxicated. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and was fined $1,000 and was sentenced to two days in jail because the judge ruled Stevens violated his probation from the hit-and-run case.

On March 13, 2007, Stevens was arrested in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is facing DUI and Josh Gordon possession charges.[5] [1]

On March 20, 2007 the Seattle Times report that multiple complaints were raised against Stevens by other residents in his condominium complex. The complaints include, vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints.

We have a different GM since 2003, Dildo Baggins. And Stevens got cut the day after his first arrest under the Ruskell regime. Ken Hamlin wasn't re-signed largely due to his past and while Djax never had trouble with the law, he got traded because of his primadona ways.

Seriously, Ruskell isn't signing anyone that he wouldn't take to his country club or church. I'm not bragging about it, because I'm not completely sold on his strict philosophy that can result in passing up on talent.

Seattle would have never signed Henry and if they did, he would have been cut the day after the announcement of his suspension.

Edited by bushwacked

We have a new GM Dildo Baggins. And Stevens got cut the day after his first arrest under the Ruskell regime.

again, :D

he had all those previous problems on his record when your new GM Dildo Baggins came in and kept him under contract though, right?

and you WERE a fan of the seahawks before the new GM came in, correct?

again, :D

he had all those previous problems on his record when your new GM Dildo Baggins came in and kept him under contract though, right?

and you WERE a fan of the seahawks before the new GM came in, correct?

What is your point exactly? I was referring to you as Dildo Baggins.

Ruskell would have never signed Henry, and if he would have been on our team prior to his duties as GM, his 9 kids combined with an upcoming suspension would have caused an immediate cut from the team.

That is certain, no matter how much you'd like to argue about it.

What is your point exactly? I was referring to you as Dildo Baggins.

Ruskell would have never signed Henry, and if he would have been on our team prior to his duties as GM, his 9 kids combined with an upcoming suspension would have caused an immediate cut from the team.

That is certain, no matter how much you'd like to argue about it.

well now that you keep editing your posts after i reply, i basically get what you're saying. it sounds a little different though when it's all "my favorite team is nothing but boy scouts and friendly hobbits"