[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Enough is enough already

TripleW64

I'm a diehard Cowboys fan since the early '70s. I've lived through the post-Staubach and Post-Aikman eras to see such notable players as Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur. And more recently, the geriatric retreads of Vinny and Drew. And who could forget the stellar signings of the failed baseball players - Henson and Hutchinson. But all of this media hype of Tony Romo being Brett Favre's lovechild is driving me crazy. Last night was the worst. Good ol' Madden goes so far as to say that "Favre is an older Tony Romo." :D What the hell does that mean?

Don't get me wrong, I am psyched by the season Romo is having so far and I believe that he is definitely the real deal. But in every Packers game and every Cowboys game, the announcers unmercifully keep making the comparisons. I really believe that all of the media hype and overblown celebrity is was a major factor in Romo's bad games toward the end of last season.

:D Just let him play.

:wacko::wacko:

Madden was quoting Urlacher, he's the one that called Favre an older Tony Romo.

And FWIW, the hype around Romo is deserved, his stats, as well as the play he makes, justify all the take. He has the tools and the makings of being an absolute stud in this league. His marketability doesn't hurt either.

While I like Romo, the Dallas media around here wants to install him into the Ring of Honor already. Let the guy play a full season and, oh, I don't know, WIN a playoff game and then maybe talk about how good he is. Heck, at least wait until after this weekend when the Patriots come to town. I can appreciate wanting to make a story up but it is overboard to liken him to anyone right now.

Lets throw in how Moss and T.O. are acting this year and we have the anti-soap opera NFL.. Weeks where EVERYTHING is hunky-Dorey and they can focus on the GOOD guys of the NFL--- Romo and Favre.. But yea, Madden slobbing on Favre and his lovechild now is just too much to handle..

So you think he's hot then?

Got it...

Lets throw in how Moss and T.O. are acting this year and we have the anti-soap opera NFL.. Weeks where EVERYTHING is hunky-Dorey and they can focus on the GOOD guys of the NFL--- Romo and Favre.. But yea, Madden slobbing on Favre and his lovechild now is just too much to handle..

:D

While I like Romo, the Dallas media around here wants to install him into the Ring of Honor already. Let the guy play a full season and, oh, I don't know, WIN a playoff game and then maybe talk about how good he is. Heck, at least wait until after this weekend when the Patriots come to town. I can appreciate wanting to make a story up but it is overboard to liken him to anyone right now.

Agreed. the season tends to turn around real quick when you are a QB.