[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenton Keith late season value?

tacologic

Keith was the man yesterday, carrying my team to a probable victory. For that, I salute him. However, here's a scenario that doesn't seem too far-fetched... Let's say the Colts end up going 12-2 heading into the end of the season with the division locked up. I could easily see Keith getting the lion's share of the carries in the fantasy playoffs while they keep Addai fresh.

So I'll leave it at this question. Do you think he's worth a roster-spot for the rest of the year?

I absolutely do. Addai is already banged up 4 games in and Keith showed yesterday he could fill in nicely. I think whoever is the primary ball carrier in this system will do well. He'll definitely be staying on my roster.

I absolutely do. Addai is already banged up 4 games in and Keith showed yesterday he could fill in nicely. I think whoever is the primary ball carrier in this system will do well. He'll definitely be staying on my roster.

+1. There's no way I'm dropping a handcuff who can play like that.

One also has to wonder if Addai owners are going to be bummed about how well Keith played. It's pretty obvious that he's not much of a downgrade, so perhaps there's another Rhodes/Addai RBBC on the horizon? I mean, why wouldn't Dungy mix him in a bit and, at very least, be quicker to pull Addai in games they're winning by a decent margin. A team like Indy cares about one thing, play-off success. Addai was huge in the playoffs last year and that might have been somewhat due to the fact that he hadn't been ridden too hard during the season.

Now that might not make Keith worth starting, but I'd bet it costs Addai about 4-500 yds and a few TDs the rest of the year. Also, if Indy's play-off seed is set by week 16, Keith could be a nice wildcard to throw in on the FF Championship.

Let's say the Colts end up going 12-2 heading into the end of the season with the division locked up. I could easily see Keith getting the lion's share of the carries in the fantasy playoffs while they keep Addai fresh.
I wouldn't necessarily say the Colts will have things locked up at 12-2 going into the final two weeks. Colts play Houston and Tennessee. Houston likely won't be playing for a playoff spot, but the Titans probably will. Houston can still try to play spoiler. It probably will be stretching it, but the Titans or the Jaguars could also be 12-2 at that same point; it's not out of the question.

Just a thought here but some RBBCs are so good it might be worth an owner starting both halves of it. Remember Tiki / Jacobs in 2006? There were several days where starting both of them would work out quite well. Look at Jacobs / Ward yesterday, or LT / Turner. Depending on match ups and the other options on your roster, starting both Addai and Keith may pay off.

Like I said, just a thought.