[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England vs Dallas; week 6

Grits and Shins

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I want the Cowboys to win this game (if for no other reason than the pleasure I get from the the thought that it pisses UT off) I am struggling to figure out how the Cowboys are going to shut down Randy Moss. I also fear that Belicheck will develop a defensive game plan that will give Romo his first bump in the road this season.

I look forward to this game with great anticipation and just a bit of fear.

Looks like Buffalo might be the 1st bump in the raod.

As much as I want the Cowboys to win this game (if for no other reason than the pleasure I get from the the thought that it pisses UT off) I am struggling to figure out how the Cowboys are going to shut down Randy Moss. I also fear that Belicheck will develop a defensive game plan that will give Romo his first bump in the road this season.

I look forward to this game with great anticipation and just a bit of fear.

Fear, I'd be more worried about being embarrassed again.

-5 ... I don't think Dallas can be -3 against NE and win ... maybe not even -2.

Not even -2, more like positive turnover ratio, IMHO. I'm sure Belichick has been taking copious notes and he will have a hell of a game plan in place.

I'll probably have nightmares of Brady to Moss for the rest of the week and some guy wearing a cut-off NE Patriots hoodie chuckling maniacally on the sidelines.

I expect it to be a much closer game then the NE homers and Boyz haters think!

Mind you if they play like they did tonight against the Bills, its going to be one longggg game!

I dont want to put a final score out there because I am a Cowboy fan :D

In all honesty... if the Cowboys did lose by 10 pts or less, Id still be happy (all things considered)

I would agree. But IMO 2 teams don't make 1 conference "dominant" over the other.

No it doesn't. However, it just starts there. We'll find out next week how the best of the NFC matches up against the best of the AFC, but it seems the AFC still runs deeper. Who's the 2nd best team in the NFC? Green Bay? I have no idea, but I don't like their chances against either Indy or NE. The third? Gotta think Seattle is in that conversation and they just got smoked by a depleted Pitt team (arguably the 3rd AFC team). Tampa? Indy minus 5 starters made them look silly. I think the season will bear out that SD is better than that 3 game skid showed. In fact, when you look at it, the only game that they got truly beaten in was the NE game. Well, that seems to be how it goes against NE this year. The GB and KC games where pissed away at the end. So there's another team that should be able to beat their NFC peer.

As for middle of the road teams, as a whole I'd take Jax, Tenn, Hou, Clev, maybe even Cinci, Balt over Wash, NYG, Det...well that's pretty much it. Every other team in the NFC is a total train wreck.

I'm not gonna say Dallas will beat N.E, but the game is in Dallas, and the Cowboys do belong on the same field with N.E, contrary to popular belief. With that said, Dallas has to run the ball, chew the clock and win the turnover battle, if they do those three things, they have even odds to beat New England. If they don't win at least two of those three categories, they'll get beat by 2 TD's or more.

As good as New England is, they can be bullied. Miami ran the ball down their throats last year and the Colts pounded on them in the AFC championship game last year. Dallas has a very physical squad, they get after you on both sides of the ball, but the fear for Cowboy fans should be the coaching matchup......the Evil Genious VS Bum's Son.....ouch.