[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith

Ralph Furley

I am so torn on what to do with SS now. I have an offer in my league that looks good, but it would mean I'd have to cut ties with him. Who is going to ride this out with David Carr? Are there enough believers that feel great about him as your #1WR still? Who is selling high while you can? Ugh! I don't know what to with him. :D What do you guys think?

I am so torn on what to do with SS now. I have an offer in my league that looks good, but it would mean I'd have to cut ties with him. Who is going to ride this out with David Carr? Are there enough believers that feel great about him as your #1WR still? Who is selling high while you can? Ugh! I don't know what to with him. :D What do you guys think?

Go with your gut. IN the off season I traded STevie "Franchise" for Ronnie Brown. I also threw in a 2nd rounder in a 5 man keeper league to get the deal done. Needless to say during training camp and the first 2 weeks of season, I was so pissed, and really was doubting my fantasy skills. Then week 3 game and weeks 3-5 have been great. Ronnie Brown has killed Smith in points in my PPR league and the trade really looked good. I was forced to do it, since Kevin JOnes was the back I wanted to keep, and when he went down and word was he was missing first 6 weeks, I needed another back. I traded the WR I loved most in the NFL. It has worked out so far, and things may even out in end, but there are plenty of WR's to find (eg. Mason), when compared to find a stellar RB in the later rounds. If your gut says make the move, then do it. If not, then stand pat.

Edited by kncks12

I would like to jump on the bandwagon. I am a HUGH fan of SS and I would love to have him on my Keeper team, if I can pry him away from his current owner. With Carr being the main guy for the rest of the season Steve will work hard with Carr to start finding some chemistry with him and I think he will be just fine. Maybe I will be wrong, but I believe in the stud is a stud philosophy. :D

I think I'm cutting ties, but only because I got a nice offer. I agree with a previous poster who pointed out that selling SMith now is tantamount to selling low, but I've been offered Marvin Harrison and Dominic Rhodes (I own Lamont Jordan), I'm gonna' do some research on marvin's health but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' pull the trigger on this one.

anyone remember the Carr to Andre Johnson combo?

no coincidence that Andre had two awesome games to start this year with Schaub getting him the ball.

good luck Steve Smith owners

Wasn't that the same combo that helped Andre Johnson lead the league in receptions last year? Know your facts before you post something this stupid.

Wasn't that the same combo that helped Andre Johnson lead the league in receptions last year? Know your facts before you post something this stupid.

Wasn't that stupid - in 2006 AJ only put up 1,147 yards on those 103 catches, or 72 yards per game, and had only 5 TD's, or roughly one every 3 games. Call it 9.2 fantasy points per game.

In 2 games with Schaub, admittedly a very small sample size, AJ nearly doubled his yardage production with 131 YPG, and put up 3 TDs. 22.1 fantasy points per game.

I understand that AJ would not have maintained that kind of pace over the course of an entire season, but the fact remains that his stats have improved dramatically going from Carr, with whom he had a couple years to establish a relationship, to Schaub, with whom he's had one training camp.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Staying on. With Chad Johnson and Driver currently as my 1 and 2, I can afford to gamble on Stevie for now.

Exactly. If you're stacked at WR (I have Fitzgerald and A. Johnson - if he comes back) so I'm holding onto him as a 3rd WR. Pretty good 3rd WR, I might add.

I think Carr can be serviceable and he knows his job depends on getting Smith the ball. If A. Johnson was a PPR value play with Carr at the helm in HOU then I think the possibility is there for Smith as well.

At the very least, I am giving it a few games to work itself out.

...and what was Johson's average per reception......like 11 yards. and how many TDs did he score? 5.

if you like those type of numbers for Steve Smith, then enjoy loser.

if you can't tell with your own eyes that Johnson has been held back by Carr, not to mention the entire Houston offense, then you don't know much.

Edited by rebdog

...and what was Johson's average per reception......like 11 yards. and how many TDs did he score? 5.

if you like those type of numbers for Steve Smith, then enjoy loser.

if you can't tell with your own eyes that Johnson has been held back by Carr, not to mention the entire Houston offense, then you don't know much.

and Smitty and AJ are much different receivers after the catch...MUCH different