[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith

Ralph Furley

I'm staying on board since Steve Smith is still an explosive player and I'd definitely be selling low. I recall reading somewhere last year when LaDanian Tomlinson was asked who he'd draft if he played Fantasy Football, and he said Steve Smith because he's one of the most dynamic and explosive players in football.

Of course, Smith's nos. are down considerably with David Carr, but hopefully they'll build some chemistry. If you're in a keeper league, I would definitely keep Steve Smith. However, if it's a redraft league and you're weak at RB, then McGahee and Coles seems like a decent offer to take.

I'd be happy to jump ship with him. Carr is not as good as Delhomme and he looks lost with the offense. Gates and Boldin are now my only hope as SSmith is no longer a reliable fantasy option. I'm afraid to put him on the bench, but I'm tired of ending up with less than 3 catches over the past 2 weeks. I guess I'll give him one more week in AZ before I completely quit on him.

with Carr supposedly hurting, Vinny may take over sooner than later; frankly this bodes well for SS, because it's all about YAC w/ him. Vinny is old, running on fumes, he'll just toss it to SS and hope for the best, I really don't think he cares about INT's...he's old school and SS is their best WR, that's where the ball will go.

In a redraft I would have to bail if I could get decent value (Housh?).

In one of my Dynasties I moved him and Foster for F. Taylor and R. Moss.

I got tired of the missed games/ bad games and the new QB carousel that is starting. Randy will be much more consistent :D

My main local is the league that I own SS in and I've just got to hold on. This is the second year in a row there hasn't been a single trade. Everyone is too stupid/paranoid/stubborn to work trades so its pretty much drop him or keep'em. I might end up benching him from time to time but I've got to ride this out. Hopefully someone can throw him the ball. It seems like a no brainer when you compare getting the ball in Smith's hands to anybody else on that offense. He should be targeted more than ever, but who knows what they'll do on the field.

Two years ago, Testaverde with the Jets (probably fairly similar in some ways to this situation) was 60 for 106 for 777 yard, one TD and Six interceptions in a handful of games, none more than 163 yards. I can't imagine he would be able to get it to Smith all that effectively very deep, very often, looking at those numbers. I have Smith in two leagues, and I'm praying for the best. Couple him with having both Foster and Williams, too...I can't make it more positive than it is, even if I try. :D

Two years ago, Testaverde with the Jets (probably fairly similar in some ways to this situation) was 60 for 106 for 777 yard, one TD and Six interceptions in a handful of games, none more than 163 yards. I can't imagine he would be able to get it to Smith all that effectively very deep, very often, looking at those numbers. I have Smith in two leagues, and I'm praying for the best. Couple him with having both Foster and Williams, too...I can't make it more positive than it is, even if I try. :D

Smitty doesn't need to get the ball deep to be effective

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback David Carr was downgraded to questionable for Sunday's game against Arizona after his sore back stiffened on the team's cross-country flight.

Carr had been listed as probable after practicing Friday, but he experienced pain on the flight later that night. He was downgraded before the team's afternoon walkthrough Saturday afternoon. Carr is expected to warm up Sunday morning to determine if he'll play.

If he can't go, coach John Fox will have to decide between 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde or undrafted rookie Matt Moore.

Testaverde was signed Wednesday and has been scrambling to learn the offense and his new teammates. Moore was signed last month after being cut by Dallas, and acknowledged he has been a bit overwhelmed working with the first team in practice.

Carr had replaced Jake Delhomme, who will undergo season-ending elbow surgery.

AP NEWS

Must of went from your mouth to God's ears !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks #40.....lets just hope that Testaverde stays the quarterback and Smith is back !!!!! My team needed that shot in the arm.... Funny thing is that I was listening to Bill Parcells on ESPN radio and he stated that if you suited up all the QBs in the NFL and had all of them throw the normal NFL passes that Testaverde would be just as good as all of them and alot better than 3/4 of them

with Carr supposedly hurting, Vinny may take over sooner than later; frankly this bodes well for SS, because it's all about YAC w/ him. Vinny is old, running on fumes, he'll just toss it to SS and hope for the best, I really don't think he cares about INT's...he's old school and SS is their best WR, that's where the ball will go.

gd74 and I think alike