[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L.Betts

Endzone

Campbell doesn't scare anyone, and Portis hasn't had his annual injury yet.

Now is a great time to buy low on Betts.

You may want to kickback on Campbell not scaring anyone. He's starting to elevate his game big time. I'm sure the Lions are scared of him now, as will be a list of other teams by the seasons end. As far as Portis and an annual injury, He's only carrying the ball 18 times a game... They're limiting his touches so he doesn't have the injury.

You may want to kickback on Campbell not scaring anyone. He's starting to elevate his game big time. I'm sure the Lions are scared of him now, as will be a list of other teams by the seasons end. As far as Portis and an annual injury, He's only carrying the ball 18 times a game... They're limiting his touches so he doesn't have the injury.

Sorry. I didn't mean to willingly dryhump you by denegrating your team in any way, shape, or form. You're right. I'm sure tons of teams are now scared of Campbell now that's he's scorched that vaunted DET pass D for a massive 248 yd, 2 TD passing day. I don't know how I could have been so stupid. Please accept my apologies. I'm sure that Portis will be ripping off 150+ yd/2 TD rushing days as teams go to nickel & dime Ds against the 'Skins to keep Campbell from smoking them like he did DET.

I'm actually about to ditch him in my league as well. I might try to trade him to the portis owner for one of his crap QBs, first, tho.

I just traded Portis for Andre Johnson in my league. I got tired of holding my breathe everytime i clicked on info next to Portis' name. Either way, he gets way to many carries stolen by Betts and now Sellers. If one of them goes down, i think the remaining player could put up some real nice numbers.

Sorry. I didn't mean to willingly dryhump you by denegrating your team in any way, shape, or form. You're right. I'm sure tons of teams are now scared of Campbell now that's he's scorched that vaunted DET pass D for a massive 248 yd, 2 TD passing day. I don't know how I could have been so stupid. Please accept my apologies. I'm sure that Portis will be ripping off 150+ yd/2 TD rushing days as teams go to nickel & dime Ds against the 'Skins to keep Campbell from smoking them like he did DET.

:D

He's beginning to lose carries and unproductive. What's up with him and is his role diiminishing? Even when Portis is hurt, Betts is not stepping up and allowing others to take away carries. Any Redskin insighters?

Few things:

Portis is a better RB.

Betts probably needs to carry a full load to get in sync with the OL.

Betts needs a map to find the end zone compared to Sellers/Portis... be it how Betts is used or his skills.

Betts role has not diminished. When Portis is healthy, Betts will max out at about 8-12 touches per game.

About Sellers taking away carries... Sellers always has a few random games per year where he vultures a few TDs, like Robert Royal who left after '05. They are/were H-backs in Gibbs' offense. It's really not a major concern for the main RBs.

Few things:

Portis is a better RB.

Betts probably needs to carry a full load to get in sync with the OL.

Betts needs a map to find the end zone compared to Sellers/Portis... be it how Betts is used or his skills.

Betts role has not diminished. When Portis is healthy, Betts will max out at about 8-12 touches per game.

About Sellers taking away carries... Sellers always has a few random games per year where he vultures a few TDs, like Robert Royal who left after '05. They are/were H-backs in Gibbs' offense. It's really not a major concern for the main RBs.

I'd say that's a quick & dirty solid analysis of the situation.

i'd say for betts to improve he has to get more carries, pile up more yards, and score some TDs.

that's just how i see it.

That is the kind of insight I look for from the Huddle. :D

I'm going to try to get this information back to Betts and see if that helps.

I just traded Portis for Andre Johnson in my league. I got tired of holding my breathe everytime i clicked on info next to Portis' name. Either way, he gets way to many carries stolen by Betts and now Sellers. If one of them goes down, i think the remaining player could put up some real nice numbers.

So you traded a starter that is playing but with whom you are unhappy at the prospect of injury and/or sharing carries for a guy who is out with injury? Interesting strategy :D

So you traded a starter that is playing but with whom you are unhappy at the prospect of injury and/or sharing carries for a guy who is out with injury? Interesting strategy :D

I tend to try and look down the road when making a trade...it tends to help. If i'm not mistaken, Portis has yet to make it through a full season as Redskin and is getting arounf 15-20 touches per game. Johnson will be back next week, and even w/o playing in the last 3 weeks, has almost as many points as Portis. Shaub is the real deal, as he's maintained a high level of play, even w/o Johnson. Its that whole sell high, buy low thing.

I tend to try and look down the road when making a trade...it tends to help. If i'm not mistaken, Portis has yet to make it through a full season as Redskin and is getting arounf 15-20 touches per game. Johnson will be back next week, and even w/o playing in the last 3 weeks, has almost as many points as Portis. Shaub is the real deal, as he's maintained a high level of play, even w/o Johnson. Its that whole sell high, buy low thing.

I hear ya. I was just trying to be a smart @ss and give you some chit.

Johnson will be back soon and he should be very solid while Portis may continue to be (as you pointed out) a question mark each week.

1. Packers fan.

2. Campbell only has a handful of starts and has looked better each week.

3. Thank you for the apology, you're now free to be a prick to everyone else.

If i'm not mistaken, Portis has yet to make it through a full season as Redskin and is getting arounf 15-20 touches per game.

You are indeed mistaken & prior to this year (but excluding last years injury plauged season), Portis was averaging far more than the 15-20 touches per game he's seeing this year.

25.5 touches per game in 2004

23.8 touches per game in 2005

+--------------------------+-------------------------+			 |		  Rushing		 |		Receiving		|+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |   Att  Yards	Y/A   TD |   Rec  Yards   Y/R   TD |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+| 2004 was |  15 |   343   1315	3.8	5 |	40	235   5.9	2 || 2005 was |  16 |   352   1516	4.3   11 |	30	216   7.2	0 || 2006 was |   8 |   127	523	4.1	7 |	17	170  10.0	0 || 2007 was |   4 |	66	299	4.5	3 |	 9	 63   7.0	0 |+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

I thought Betts was way overrated this year to begin with...

just because he came up big in a contract year out of nowhere isn't enough for me to believe he'll be good for another year in a row...

I have to agree with this. I didnt even have Betts on my radar on draft day. Just couldnt buy into the hype and as it turns out I was correct!

1. Packers fan.

2. Campbell only has a handful of starts and has looked better each week.

3. Thank you for the apology, you're now free to be a prick to everyone else.

Wow! That Campbell is a force at QB second to none - not even Tom Brady! He was spectacular yesterday against GB and WAS going down to defeat despite his massive 217 yd, 1 passing TD, 1 INT effort only goes to reinforce that he's sure to be one of the best to have ever played.

You just can't say enough about a QB who is on pace to shake the pillars of the NFL for a 3475 yds passing, 16 passing TD, 13 INT season.

:D

You just can't say enough about a QB who is on pace to shake the pillars of the NFL for a 3475 yds passing, 16 passing TD, 13 INT season.

Pillar shaking is an understatement! Hes going to re-write the record books!

Betts to me was over-rated going into this years draft. Portis has looked solid so far this year and has been avoiding the lingering (and always present) injury bug. So Betts hasn't really had to step up that much. Plus like was mentioned, Campbell is actually fairly good scrambling and can get the ball downfield (not to Moss... apparently he likes to drop balls) but to Cooley, McCardell and Randle El.