[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Wes Welker really overated

mrpnlu

i understand how important he is in real football terms...but as fantasy player hes ranked i think 27th for rest of season...hes easily the 5 option near the goal line...behind Moss, Watson, Morris, Evans, and possibly stallworth...since week 1 i havent seen him get a goal line look...first couple weeks he managed around 8-10 points which is admirable for a 3rd wr...but if hes not getting a Punt return yards...i see it difficult for him to hit that number...i really wanna drop him...someone convince me otherwise...

i understand how important he is in real football terms...but as fantasy player hes ranked i think 27th for rest of season...hes easily the 5 option near the goal line...behind Moss, Watson, Morris, Evans, and possibly stallworth...since week 1 i havent seen him get a goal line look...first couple weeks he managed around 8-10 points which is admirable for a 3rd wr...but if hes not getting a Punt return yards...i see it difficult for him to hit that number...i really wanna drop him...someone convince me otherwise...

DON'T DO IT!!!

I think you've got it figured out.

although i see dallas bringing the pass rush...and terrence newman will be on moss and henry will be on stallworth...if dallas can bring the rush i see brady checking down to morrs/faulk/maroney and watson or welker...does that make sense to anyone? although this wont neccessarily mean a td.

he's still on my roster because, well, look at my roster.

i'l give him another week.....i see him getting a td this week,

but i've been known to see things that aren't really there..

he's great to watch in ReaL Football!

Edited by pig devilz

I had Wes Welker but I dropped him for Stallworth. Stallworth was coming back from health issues and now in my mind, took over his spot again. Samething happened with McDonald in DET, now Furrey is getting the looks. Sorry but Welker is now useless IMO.

Don't hate him because he's white. Looked like Stallworth coming back ment a 3rd CB or line backer on Welker. :D

Edited by WaterMan

Reeves is the most targeted DB in the NFL through week 5. FYI

Missing this gem is what I get for not reading EVERY SINGLE POST on theHuddle.

Great insight Hook.

Benched Welker this week. It was for Curtis, thank goodness. If I had benched him for someone that underperformed, I would be much more upset.

Edited by cre8tiff

After this week's performance its easier to say, but....

There's going to be so many yards and TDs coming out of Brady's arm this season, I would start Moss, Welker, and Stallworth as my WR1, WR2, and WR3 with confidence every week. OK, well, maybe less confidence with Stallworth.

Also, Welker returning punts and such... you know he will break one or two sooner or later which is a nice little bonus when it happens. The D will give him many many opportunities....

There's going to be so many yards and TDs coming out of Brady's arm this season, I would start Moss, Welker, and Stallworth as my WR1, WR2, and WR3 with confidence every week. OK, well, maybe less confidence with Stallworth.

Also, Welker returning punts and such... you know he will break one or two sooner or later which is a nice little bonus when it happens. The D will give him many many opportunities....

well it looks like i started this thread so i might as well finish it...saturday nite i picked up and plugged in bryant johnson and old man warner screws me again!!! (earlier in the week my rival traded warner for chad johnson ... we play in a 2 qb league...so values a little different.)

I'd be hesitant to start Stallworth as my #2 or #3. He hasn't been consistent at all (a whole two games over 50 yds with no TDs in the others) and is a hamstring injury waiting to happen. Welker, on the other hand, is one of a select few slot receivers I'd strongly consider putting into my WR #3 slot (Engram is the other, and maybe Chris Henry when he returns).

I'd be hesitant to start Stallworth as my #2 or #3. He hasn't been consistent at all (a whole two games over 50 yds with no TDs in the others) and is a hamstring injury waiting to happen. Welker, on the other hand, is one of a select few slot receivers I'd strongly consider putting into my WR #3 slot (Engram is the other, and maybe Chris Henry when he returns).

+1. I'd have no problem at all putting Moss and Welker in as two of my WRs.

i actually dropped him after i posted above, last friday

to pick up KJ.....but since have been able to pick him up again.

i'l play him this week @ Miami and beyond....

i've just about had it with S. Moss

I never dropped the sunnuvabeetch!!!