[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who were you targeting in drafts...

HowboutthemCowboys

I was gonna take LJ at 4 in my local, but he went at 3. I went with Gore, who hasnt done much better, but still glad I didnt get Johnson. Also wanted Holt in the 2nd, but "settled" for Steve Smith.

Drew Brees ! :D

Yep..I cursed for 5 minutes when Brees went right before me when I was gonna snag him..I ended up taking Ronnie Brown with that pick and Romo 2 rounds later

Edited by whomper

For me it was Reggie Brown and to a lesser extent Brandon Jacobs. I had high hopes for Brown this year and was HIGHLY disappointed that I did'nt get him in any draft..

Who are you happy you missed out on this year?

Reggie Bush. I got him in a trade mid-way through last year and he did very well for me. I assumed, like everyone else, that the Saints would have a dynamic offense and Bush would be the centerpiece. He was taken w/ the 8th pick in my money league, and i must say i'm damn glad i took Addai w/ the 7th pick. I also wanted Holt, since he's been my man for the last three years. I picked a good year to miss on him. I did reach on Rivers, who i thought would have a breakout year.

Devery Henderson

Ahman Green

DeShawn Foster

All guys I felt would be excellent 5-7th round picks, offering mucho upsde. All have lived down to their expectations.

On the other hand, the reaches I've been happy with:

Wes Welker--production diminishing, but was a hige boost to my line-up for the 1st month

Lamont Jordan--everyone said he'd be solid the first four weeks, but leading the league in FF points??

Jason Campbell--has served as a perfectly solid #1 QB, well ahead of the production offered by Cutler, Leinart, Brees, Smith, Hass, etc...got him int he last round of the draft.

Shaun Alexander - for the 4th pick. I was totally hot on the idea of Alexander having a monster rebound year and thought for sure I could get him by the 4th pick. Turned out he was taken 2nd! (by someone who liked him even more then I eh?). Steven jackson wen't next (as expected...and yeah I would have taken him over Alexander) - but I passed on Larry Johnson, passed on Gore, passed on Addai (the only one I regret) and picked up W Parker - and I'm happy with the pick - he has been steady - and the TDs will come...

Donovan McNabb. I had planned to go RB/WR/QB this season, but a Parker/Henry combo was too good to pass up when Henry fell to the middle of the second round. By the time my third round pick came up, I couldn't afford to take McNabb without missing out on a legitmate WR1, so I reluctantly passed on him and waited until the 5th round to take my QB.

I ended up with Tony Romo.

Edited by tomfin2000

Donovan McNabb. I had planned to go RB/WR/QB this season, but a Parker/Henry combo was too good to pass up when Henry fell to the middle of the second round. By the time my third round pick came up, I couldn't afford to take McNabb without missing out on a legitmate WR1, so I reluctantly passed on him and waited until the 5th round to take my QB.

I ended up with Tony Romo.

For me it was Brees and I ended up taking Romo!

Bush and Brees.

On the other side of that, I really didn't want Ronnie Brown to fall to me at my 3rd pick because I knew I'd have to take him there but was convinced he'd be a bust. I remember saying at the draft, "I can't believe you guys are making me take this guy." Goes to show you.

I remember one of the best years I had in FF, all my best players were guys that I was not fired up about taking because the guy I really wanted got snapped up right before. Ahman Green at 11 when I really wanted Henry, Holt at 35 when I really wanted K Robinson :D , Chad Johnson later on when I really wanted Porter. All three tore it up. The pick that I was really fired up on? Because I was a Huddler? William Green at 14.

If I hadn't picked up Dominick Davis off the WW, that last one would have really biten me in the ass.