[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Horse Collarer

In my league, which scores solo tackles, ints(2) and sacks(2), he gets like 4 pnts a week. There are plenty of other DBs that score more consistantly and yet projects #2 every week.

i can't speak for sarge's rankings but I can say that your perception is not exactly in line with Roy's production so far:

wk1: 8 tackles, 1 assist= 16 points in your scoring(if assists dont get any points)

wk2: 4 tackles=8points

wk3: 2 tackles, 1 Fumble Recovery, 1 INT, 1 Pass Defended= 4pts if you truly only get points for tackles and sacks

wk4: 2 tackles, 2 assists= 4pts

wk5: 7 tackles, 2 assists= 14pts

so he has 2 weeks of double digit production with 1 week that was just 1 tackle shy of double digit production

two 2 tackle weeks

last yr Chris Hope was the top scoring safety in most formats and he had 2 weeks with 2 solos & 3 weeks with 3 solos.

year in and year out DB is the deepest fantasy position you will ever find....if you want to play seek and find to try and get big DB points on a weekly basis then have at it....but if you take top performers and plug and play them you can expect a few clunkers here and there but over the course of the season they should win you more games then they will lose you.

Edited by keggerz

....and i would like to add that the "horse-collar" rule is just dumb. how else are you supposed to tackle someone who has you beat? theres plenty of other dangerous plays in tackle football that are legal (like blocking after the interception)

What's dumb about trying to save people from having their ankles broken?

And if a guy has you beat and he can still get inside your shoulder pads, couldn't he make a play for your legs just as easily from that distance?

....and i would like to add that the "horse-collar" rule is just dumb. how else are you supposed to tackle someone who has you beat? theres plenty of other dangerous plays in tackle football that are legal (like blocking after the interception)

The first thing (which Williams has a problem with incidentally) is not getting beat. Thats just a drawback to his game. While he is a ferocious hitter, he is a liability in coverage. Once he is beaten by the WR, he resorts to the horse collar tackle, which is makes the ball carrier very vulnerable to a possible injury. Its not so much the hands in the back of the pads I have a problem with, its the jumping on the back of the legs with all of his body weight that causes the problem. In fact if you look at the play where Ben Watson was injured Sunday, it looks like how this one happened too.

The first thing (which Williams has a problem with incidentally) is not getting beat. Thats just a drawback to his game. While he is a ferocious hitter, he is a liability in coverage. Once he is beaten by the WR, he resorts to the horse collar tackle, which is makes the ball carrier very vulnerable to a possible injury. Its not so much the hands in the back of the pads I have a problem with, its the jumping on the back of the legs with all of his body weight that causes the problem. In fact if you look at the play where Ben Watson was injured Sunday, it looks like how this one happened too.

and i'm saying if we are gonna penalize players for the way they tackle, or how dangerous it can be, (like returning an interception), then we are on a slippery slope.

Problem with Roy is he has now been fined twice. The next time, he will be suspended a game. BTW, this is football. I dont think the NFL should be telling teams how they can and can not tackle. I personally dont have a problem with anyone tackling this way. The name of the game is bringing the player down. So if you are beat, you just let the player run by. I dont think so.

Problem with Roy is he has now been fined twice. The next time, he will be suspended a game. BTW, this is football. I dont think the NFL should be telling teams how they can and can not tackle. I personally dont have a problem with anyone tackling this way. The name of the game is bringing the player down. So if you are beat, you just let the player run by. I dont think so.

exactly!