[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU goes down

Sgt. Ryan

LSU got straight up punched in the mouth on both sides of the ball today! Kentucky was more physical and out played them. That was a painful game to watch. There is a reason that Flynn is a 5th year senior starting for the first year. He sucks!

I like LSU but they aren't as advertised. Perhaps Bama wins that division now and they aren't very good either.

Nah I still think LSU takes the division and the SEC championship but it will not be the dominant performance that they will need to get to the BCS championship game. I dont like the QB situation at all and I will admit it now MILES IS A TERRIBLE HEAD COACH!

And its no miracle this time. The better team won. LSU is an average team who beat up on cupcakes thus far.

This team loses another game and once again will be the self proclaimed best 2 loss team ever. :D

yup- LSU ain't that good.

KU impressed me- solid squad- they got some playmakers

I'm sure. Even though many Big Ten teams already run it. Including last years league champions (sometimes, they ran multiple sets)

Many = 2?

Looking at the Stats the only teams I see in the 10+1 are Purdue and NW that run a version of the spread. There are 4 teams in the Big 12 that run the spread that are ahead in passing yards (main stat for the spread) than the two aforementioned teams, which are TT(#1), Mizzou(#5), Kansas(#10), and Baylor (#14), so to say that there is a big 10+1 team that runs " the spread" is a stretch at best IMO.

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

Indiana runs a version of it too, and the last 2 times Tech has had the pleasure of facing a Big Ten team with the vaunted spread attack, they were completely shut down. 01 Alamo vs Iowa and 02 vs Ohio State, so Leach isn't a very good example to use of a coach that can step in and dominate the Big Ten, particularly when there were those saying the same thing about one of the GREATEST coaches ever about 14 years ago. I think you might know who I'm talking about. His name is Joe Paterno.

Illinois runs that modified veer at least 60% of the time. They just don't run a pure spread yet because they don't trust their QB. That's at least 3.

Leach to Michigan would be highly unlikely.

Gotta admit though, with the recruiting power of a Mich, it would be a fun Off. to watch, 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the ball at Mich, vs 3-4 stars at TT. Just saying that Leach at Mich could be scary for the whole nation. As a CFB fan I hope leach stays right where hes at, so he gets the leftovers that aTm, UT, and OU passed on......

Gotta admit though, with the recruiting power of a Mich, it would be a fun Off. to watch, 4 and 5 stars on both sides of the ball at Mich, vs 3-4 stars at TT. Just saying that Leach at Mich could be scary for the whole nation. As a CFB fan I hope leach stays right where hes at, so he gets the leftovers that aTm, UT, and OU passed on......

Michigan would never hire such a dirt-bag

Michigan would never hire such a dirt-bag

Here's your highly educated, and very successfull dirt bag:

Early life

Leach studied at Brigham Young University, where he closely followed the exploits of the Brigham Young Cougars, playing a pass-happy offense coached by LaVell Edwards. Leach graduated in 1983 with a B.S. in American Studies. He is atypical among NCAA Division I head football coaches, as he did not play football at the college level. Leach is one of only five such coaches, with Mark Mangino at Kansas, Paul Johnson at Navy, Dennis Franchione at Texas A&M, and Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. In 1986 Leach earned a law degree from Pepperdine University. Leach is also one of the most prominent graduates of the United States Sports Academy, from which he earned a Master's of Sports Science/Coaching in 1988.

Coaching career

Leach is known for building some very potent offenses, directing very prolific passing-oriented teams that have broken school and NCAA records at Valdosta State, Kentucky, Oklahoma, where he was offensive coordinator under Hal Mumme and Bob Stoops, respectively, and Texas Tech, where he became head coach in 2000. The Leach-coached Red Raiders' best finishes came with their nine-win seasons in 2002 and 2005. In 2002, Tech swept its in-state conference rivals Baylor, Texas, and Texas A&M for the first time since 1997 and then defeated Clemson, 55–15, in the Tangerine Bowl. It was the Red Raiders' first postseason win since 1995 when they beat the Air Force Falcons in the Copper Bowl. In 2005, the Raiders opened their season with a 6–0 record, the best start since 1998, and defeated Oklahoma for the first time under Leach.

Leach has built a strong passing offenses at Tech. The Red Raiders have led the NCAA in passing yardage for four years in a row. Leach might be more known for plugging new quarterbacks into his spread/pass-oriented offense and having them reel off NCAA records. At Kentucky he tutored prospect Tim Couch into a No.1 NFL Draft Pick. At Oklahoma, Josh Heupel became an NFL draft pick following a year under Leach's tutelege. At Tech, he inserted Kliff Kingsbury for three years. Kingsbury broke the NCAA records for completions in a career. Following Kingsburry, B. J. Symons stepped in, producing the most passing yards in a season in NCAA history. Sonny Cumbie jumped up leading the Red Raiders to an upset of the then-4th ranked California in the Holiday Bowl. Cody Hodges got called to duty, leading the NCAA in passing. Graham Harrell, the first non-senior starting QB since Kingsbury, struggled early in the 2006 season. However, he showed steady improvement beginning with the game against Iowa State and ended the season with a record-setting victory over the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

You sir look to be the dirt bag, granted im no tech lover, but Leach has been very successful everywhere he has been. He is head and shoulders smarter and a Better FB coach than Carr.(can Carr even find his own A$$ in the dark??, problay not)

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

And its no miracle this time. The better team won. LSU is an average team who beat up on cupcakes thus far.

This team loses another game and once again will be the self proclaimed best 2 loss team ever. :D

The day has come that Sgt. was right....I have agreed with you from the day that Miles was hired, but I did not post it on this board.

But, I did open my feeling to fellow LSU fans that Les Miles would kill this LSU squad, and I almost believed it after last week that LES IMLES was the man,

but this week

as much as I hate to say it, SGT YOU WERE RIGHT........we have a running back who this week ran for 95 yds in the 1st half , and won't touch the

ball the 2nd half not 1 time....something's wrong....Kentucky was shaking in there knees and didn't want to see him carry the ball., instead He (Miles)

uses an injured running back....yes he (MIles) got lucky last week, but that was the players HEART, that made Miles look good.

This lost is blamed squarely on Miles and not the LSU team, which is the better team, the coach lost this game.

Again, Sg. you hit the nail on the head. And if the media doesn't influence the NCAA and both teams take care of business, I see an

LSU VS OK

IN THE BCS .......

The day has come that Sgt. was right....I have agreed with you from the day that Miles was hired, but I did not post it on this board.

But, I did open my feeling to fellow LSU fans that Les Miles would kill this LSU squad, and I almost believed it after last week that LES IMLES was the man,

but this week

as much as I hate to say it, SGT YOU WERE RIGHT........we have a running back who this week ran for 95 yds in the 1st half , and won't touch the

ball the 2nd half not 1 time....something's wrong....Kentucky was shaking in there knees and didn't want to see him carry the ball., instead He (Miles)

uses an injured running back....yes he (MIles) got lucky last week, but that was the players HEART, that made Miles look good.

This lost is blamed squarely on Miles and not the LSU team, which is the better team, the coach lost this game.

Again, Sg. you hit the nail on the head. And if the media doesn't influence the NCAA and both teams take care of business, I see an

LSU VS OK

IN THE BCS .......

Neither OU or LSU will be in a Title game. There are 6-7 teams better than both of them.

Neither OU or LSU will be in a Title game. There are 6-7 teams better than both of them.

Please name them............and don't give me USC, S. Fla. or Boston College...

nor Florida.....

that takes out 4 give me the other 2.....

Ok your going to say Ohio St....but they will lose to an underated Mich team...

I guess your other team is Notre Dame

Here's your highly educated, and very successfull dirt bag:

Early life

Leach studied at Brigham Young University, where he closely followed the exploits of the Brigham Young Cougars, playing a pass-happy offense coached by LaVell Edwards. Leach graduated in 1983 with a B.S. in American Studies. He is atypical among NCAA Division I head football coaches, as he did not play football at the college level. Leach is one of only five such coaches, with Mark Mangino at Kansas, Paul Johnson at Navy, Dennis Franchione at Texas A&M, and Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. In 1986 Leach earned a law degree from Pepperdine University. Leach is also one of the most prominent graduates of the United States Sports Academy, from which he earned a Master's of Sports Science/Coaching in 1988.

Coaching career

Leach is known for building some very potent offenses, directing very prolific passing-oriented teams that have broken school and NCAA records at Valdosta State, Kentucky, Oklahoma, where he was offensive coordinator under Hal Mumme and Bob Stoops, respectively, and Texas Tech, where he became head coach in 2000. The Leach-coached Red Raiders' best finishes came with their nine-win seasons in 2002 and 2005. In 2002, Tech swept its in-state conference rivals Baylor, Texas, and Texas A&M for the first time since 1997 and then defeated Clemson, 55–15, in the Tangerine Bowl. It was the Red Raiders' first postseason win since 1995 when they beat the Air Force Falcons in the Copper Bowl. In 2005, the Raiders opened their season with a 6–0 record, the best start since 1998, and defeated Oklahoma for the first time under Leach.

Leach has built a strong passing offenses at Tech. The Red Raiders have led the NCAA in passing yardage for four years in a row. Leach might be more known for plugging new quarterbacks into his spread/pass-oriented offense and having them reel off NCAA records. At Kentucky he tutored prospect Tim Couch into a No.1 NFL Draft Pick. At Oklahoma, Josh Heupel became an NFL draft pick following a year under Leach's tutelege. At Tech, he inserted Kliff Kingsbury for three years. Kingsbury broke the NCAA records for completions in a career. Following Kingsburry, B. J. Symons stepped in, producing the most passing yards in a season in NCAA history. Sonny Cumbie jumped up leading the Red Raiders to an upset of the then-4th ranked California in the Holiday Bowl. Cody Hodges got called to duty, leading the NCAA in passing. Graham Harrell, the first non-senior starting QB since Kingsbury, struggled early in the 2006 season. However, he showed steady improvement beginning with the game against Iowa State and ended the season with a record-setting victory over the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

You sir look to be the dirt bag, granted im no tech lover, but Leach has been very successful everywhere he has been. He is head and shoulders smarter and a Better FB coach than Carr.(can Carr even find his own A$$ in the dark??, problay not)

Why? Carr has a national title on his resume, and a bunch of Big Ten titles, and has one of the highest win percentages of any coach in the past 10 years. He's under fire, because he has lost to Ohio State. Lets review, Ohio State was his b|tch from 1995-2000 with the exception of 1998, which was one of the best Buckeye teams ever. Tressell takes over, upsets Michigan in 2001. 2002 Ohio State wins the NC, was supposed to beat Michigan. 2003, Michigan was supposed to beat OSU, and beat them fairly easily. 2004 was the one that really sticks in Michigan fans craws, with the Big Ten title on the line, and Ohio State heading to the Alamo Bowl, the Buckeyes upset the Wolverines, then Michigans linebackers forget the art of tackling and they lose to VY in the Rose Bowl. 2005, the Buckeyes had a far superior football team, and Michigan underachieved. 2006, they lost to again, a Buckeye team that was heading for the NC game, they still go to the Rose Bowl team, where they were soundly beaten by, lets face it, a better USC team.

BCS Bowls: 1999 (Orange), 2003 (Rose), 2004 (Rose), 2006 (Rose)

National Championship in 1997.

At least a share of the Big Ten title in 1997, 1999, 2003, and 2004

How many coaches, with that on their resume, would be on the hot seat? You take the good with the bad, but Lloyd Carr has a pretty impressive resume overall. Expectations are just very high at Michigan, and Les Miles is not the man for the job, he can't even deal with high expectations at LSU, which lets face it, isn't at Michigan's level in terms of expectations. If Les had all of that on his resume, you think he'd be on the hot seat at LSU? HELL NO!

LSU got outplayed and outcoached yesterday. They played with no heart they just thought they could go to KU and win by showing up. They need Doucet back on the field, they had way to many dropped passes. They need to learn how to cover a TE. and how in the hell can a big time college program have only two CB on it's team with the third one being a freshman who is lost on the field.

That is my :D Carry on