[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ribs are on The Egg...

untateve

I bought three racks the other day. I'm going to wait until next week however.

We went to Chili's last week as a family and I decided to get ribs (go figure). They added a couple of new rubs/sauces. I tried one that was brown sugar based. I must say the sweetness was a welcome addition. I may have to try something like that soon.

what are you doing for rub and sauce?

....... or maybe i don't want to know :D

basic rub that I got from Alton Brown. brown sugar, kosher salt, chili powder, black pepper, a lil cayenne, old bay, thyme, onion powder, garlic

basic sauce that I don't know where I got...mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onions, garlic are the essential ingredients.

basic rub that I got from Alton Brown. brown sugar, kosher salt, chili powder, black pepper, a lil cayenne, old bay, thyme, onion powder, garlic

basic sauce that I don't know where I got...mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onions, garlic are the essential ingredients.

Have you ever tried some honey in your sauce? Makes for a nice sticky glaze on the ribs, and just a touch of sweetness to offset the spicy of the rub. I usually put it on the last 15 minutes.

So, brown sugar is a normal ingredient. I've been missing out for so long. :D

Have you ever tried some honey in your sauce? Makes for a nice sticky glaze on the ribs, and just a touch of sweetness to offset the spicy of the rub. I usually put it on the last 15 minutes.

molassas and maple work well also

I have used honey...this time I put some grade B maple syrup in. I usually start the last 30-45 mins...direct flame...put on sauce, let it carmelize, brush on more, let it carmelize, etc.

And you call yourself a rib-eater? :D

:D

Well, admittedly I've only been eating baby backs for a year and a half. Truly. I avoided ribs like the plague most of my life because they seemed like a lot of work. So I am learning as I go and my ideas have come strictly from this forum. I went with the Gates rub and sauce based on a couple of threads and haven't made my own, ever. Now I think next time I'll give making my own rub a try (including brown sugar). :wacko:

Now I think next time I'll give making my own rub a try (including brown sugar). :D

Got this one off the 'net. LOVE it.

1 Cup Sugar

1 Cup Non-Iodized Table Salt

½ Cup Brown Sugar (Dried out lightly by exposing on cookie sheet room temp. several hours, or slightly warmed

5 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoons Chili Powder

2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin

4 Teaspoons MSG (Accent)

4 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper

4 Teaspoons Black Pepper freshly ground (important)

4 Teaspoons Garlic Powder

4 Teaspoons Onion Powder