[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Samuel Adams

BigMikeinNY

Been looking for the Sam Adams Oktoberfest all over & can't find it anywhere. Mississippi sucks with it's alcohol laws. It's such a pain in the ass for brewers to get their product in here that many of the good micro's and specialty beers are either not available or extremely difficult to find. :D I did find some Becks Oktoberfest & it wasn't bad.

Also been wanting to try Blue Moon's Pumpkin & Winter Ale. I found one six pack of Winter Ale earlier this week but passed it by. The next time I was at the store it was gone.

a week ago watched games at a bar and gal poured us a little taster of the blue moon pumpkin. was better than i thought it would be... spice was very very subtle.

Also been wanting to try Blue Moon's Pumpkin & Winter Ale. I found one six pack of Winter Ale earlier this week but passed it by. The next time I was at the store it was gone.

a week ago watched games at a bar and gal poured us a little taster of the blue moon pumpkin. was better than i thought it would be... spice was very very subtle.

I bought a sixer of the Havest Moon last week. I agree it was good and I had the same thought. The spice wasn't overwhelming.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Octoberfests. I'll seek some out this week.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is actually a very good beer, and I'm not a big fan of most of their brews. For some reason, I haven't seen it at our local grocery stores. I can get all the Authentic German Octoberfests in single bottles, but no 12 packs of Sam Adams are available.

Add Abita Fall Fest to the list as well & if anyone can find their Pecan Harvest Ale, give it a try & let me know how it is. :D

Since I was in the beer tasting mood tonight I snagged a 6 of the Pecan Harvest Ale while looking around the store. Frankly I was a little disappointed. It was kind of watered down with a wierd aftertaste that I can't put my finger on. I'm going to let the other 5 chill in my supercold beer fridge for a while and give them another shot. It seemed more like it would be good if you down 2-3 than just sampling one for the flavor.

I love Flying dog's Dogtoberfest! I'm buying it up by the case so that i'll have it for awhile. Mrs. Muggsy is b1tching that the 7 cases I have are taking up too much space in the laundry room. The Sam ocktober is good, but I can only drink 3-4 at a time before it gets old.

Been looking for the Sam Adams Oktoberfest all over & can't find it anywhere. Mississippi sucks with it's alcohol laws. It's such a pain in the ass for brewers to get their product in here that many of the good micro's and specialty beers are either not available or extremely difficult to find. :D I did find some Becks Oktoberfest & it wasn't bad.

If you're really jonesin' for it, I can pick up a case and bring it with me during Thanksgiving. Just come up to Baton Rouge and have some beers with me and Balla. :D

Oh, and the Spaten Oktoberfest is pretty darn good too.

Had about an hour ago Boston Beer Works Octoberfest.....mmmmm

Sam October is good, as is Harpoon.......if you can find it, have it.

Like the Harpoon beers. Kind of funny though. Toured the F.X. Matts brewery in Utica years ago. Get to the fermentation vessels, and see them labled Harpoon, Sam Adams, etc. Get to the packing section and there are all these cases of harpoon and Sams., as well as many other beers. Still cracks me up to remembering those commercials about being hand crafted in small batches. Good beer though. that is all that matters. FYI, I think that the Saranac beers put out by Matts are pretty darn good.

Like the Harpoon beers. Kind of funny though. Toured the F.X. Matts brewery in Utica years ago. Get to the fermentation vessels, and see them labled Harpoon, Sam Adams, etc. Get to the packing section and there are all these cases of harpoon and Sams., as well as many other beers. Still cracks me up to remembering those commercials about being hand crafted in small batches. Good beer though. that is all that matters. FYI, I think that the Saranac beers put out by Matts are pretty darn good.

As one who has run a couple of boilermakers and have enjoyed their beer I agree. I like the Black and Tan.

Had a couple Spaten's last night; I thought it was okay but seemed too heavy on carbonation for my liking. The green bottle skunk flavor and heavy C02 don't compliment Oktoberfest sytles well IMO. I'll take Paulaner's over this any day.

Why is it that I only find Paulaner's Oktoberfest in the spring??

Working on some Spaten tonight and had a Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale to kick it off!