[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your FAVORITE Beer?

Atlanta Cracker

Wow!! I skimmed through this and didn't see any mentions of an Abt 12!! My two favorite biers would be St Bernardus Abt 12 or a Westvleteren Abt 12. I love a bier that you can put some age on them! If you haven't tried them you should give em a try!!!

Westvletern is the one that I would chose as my only bier for the rest of my life......

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of weird. Since I declared my favorite beer if I only had to choose one I have been particularly careful in enjoying the fact that I don't have to choose one!!

That is a very good point. I've had several Stella's tonight. Love Duvel, but Stella is a staple now. That and Sam Adams. There are still MANY different beers to try. This thread is giving some great suggestions.

Was having a tough time with this as someone mentioned I try not to discriminate (but don't go for most bud, miller, coors products). My taste varies with the season. When I'm at a brewery I'll usually try the special offering, cask brew, or darker beer like Porter or stout. I'll be hitting Beer Works tonight.... :D

But without question I'd have to say Harpoon IPA, hands down!!! Went to their Octoberfest in VT 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it and of course Octoberfest. It's in our fridge the most as is Corona Lt. and Sam Light for easy drinking.

Other IPA's I'm fond of. I'm always looking to try new ones.

Dogfish 60, Redhook (it's on tap at Sunday River!!!!), MoJo....and I'm sure I'm forgetting others....like Magic Hat HIPA!

Sierra Nevada Celbration is almost here!!

I'll have to do some research and check back. :D

Edited by nhoops

Front Street Brewery a little micro-brewery here in town is pumping out the Pumpkin Ale right now. I put down about 2 pitchers last year......God, what a hangover that was :D . It's a cool little place to get some great micro's they make, as they have about 5 they make along with what they bring in, and when anyone is ever in town-call me(PM me) and we will go there for a few.

eh, i think it's pretty good. got a beautiful color, pretty nicely balanced flavor. not one of my very top faves, but a very drinkable beer. :D

one of my favorite cheaper, drinking-more-than-a-couple beers is negra modelo. when i drink one after drinking something else, i think hmm, this doesn't have much to it. but then if i'm just drinking negra modelo after negra modelo it agrees with my palette in a very mellow, refreshing way.

I didn't say that it was bad. Just that a bunch of bars around here are really hyping it up and raving about it. It's ok, but I've been bombarded with Smiticks this, Smiticks that. Not bad, but not all that they're making it out to be.

Edit: If you handed me one, I'd drink it and probably enjoy it.

Edited by Brewer

I didn't say that it was bad. Just that a bunch of bars around here are really hyping it up and raving about it. It's ok, but I've been bombarded with Smiticks this, Smiticks that. Not bad, but not all that they're making it out to be.

Edit: If you handed me one, I'd drink it and probably enjoy it.

i agree as far as that goes, it would appear their distributors or whoever are really out there pimping the chit. i hear stuff on the radio and see stuff in bars and the like pretty often, really hyping the "irish" angle.

i agree as far as that goes, it would appear their distributors or whoever are really out there pimping the chit. i hear stuff on the radio and see stuff in bars and the like pretty often, really hyping the "irish" angle.

Marketing plays a big part in the success of those beers. Here's a neat one that I've been drinking a little of.

http://www.butternutsbeerandale.com/

This is a little place not far from where I grew up, and it is in the middle of nowhere, upstate NY. The Stout and IPA are very good. The Pale Ale ain't bad. The hefeweizen is so-so. You can find it in metro NY, but that is about it.

I finally broke down and bought some of that "Land Shark " brew, it's chilling in the beer fridge as I type, any Huddlers opinion on this one?

I would classify it as OK. Cool, drinkable, and refreshing. Not that much to write home about flavor wise.

Yeah.... it's great on a hot day. It's got some Corona-like qualities but doesn't have that rank aftertaste that Corona sometimes has. And Corona can give ya a hangover... can't see it with Landshark. Almost like Corona Light I guess.

I always have a few when I'm in Florida on business. Guess it's Jimmy Buffett's brew from Key West or somethin'

I have never been one to cornhole myself into drinking one beer. I rarely order the same beer twice in a row.

If there were a gun to my head and I had to pick............................................

Anchor Christmas Ale.

Belhaven, Hoegaarten, Young's Double Chocolate, Corona Extra (I don't care what you say, an icy cold corona with a lime almost always hits the spot), Ipswich Dark Ale, Sunrise Wheat, JW Dundee Honey Brown Ale and Rogue Mocha Porter all received consideration.

Or I would just form my own beer trading network and facilitate variety amongst all of us trapped in a one beer fantasy, all the while skimming a few beers off the top of each transaction :D

If this were a top 5 6 list, it would look something like:

1) Anchor Christmas

2) Belhaven Scottish Ale

3) Rogue Mocha Porter

4) Hoegaarten

5) Ipswich Dark Ale

6) Corona Extra w/lime

I could live on those 6 and be happy. I might be sad never to have a Young's Double Chocolate Stout, a Sam Adams Boston Ale, a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a Harpoon IPA, a Warsteiner, a Sunrise Wheat, a Winter's Bourbon Cask and many, many more....but I could live.