[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why isn't Marion Barber getting 90% of the carries

Locness_Monster

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what fantasy footballers think or want ... the offensive scheme they are using right now that employs BOTH running backs has produced the 2nd most points in the NFL.

Explain to me again why Phillips/Garrett wants to change this formula?

+1. I'm not a 2 back type of guy but if it ain't broke....

Why should Dallas mess with an offensive formula that works so well? To please fantasy owners everywhere? If MBIII had be the only back Sunday against the Patriots would it have made a difference?

over the past 2 seasons the girls have not lost when barber has had at least 11 carries...

and conversely in everyone one of their last 8 losses he has had less then 10 carries...

yesterday he had 8

It doesn't matter what fantasy footballers think or want ... the offensive scheme they are using right now that employs BOTH running backs has produced the 2nd most points in the NFL.

Explain to me again why Phillips/Garrett wants to change this formula?

to produce the most points in the NFL? :D

oh and fwiw last week they escaped buff with a win but they were very lucky to do so...barber had 8 carries

Edited by keggerz

over the past 2 seasons the girls have not lost when barber has had at least 11 carries...

and conversely in everyone one of their last 8 losses he has had less then 10 carries...

yesterday he had 8

Wow, nice stat.

I see what Grits is saying but man, Barber just runs like he wants to kill somebody. I'd like to see him get more carries. :D

yesterday he had 8

I love stupid stats and this is one of them. Stupidity can not be taught ladies and gentlemen.

Why not use both backs? The season starts after Thanksgiving so why would you change a running back formula that one, keeps MB fresh for the stretch run late in the season, and two, has produced a 5-1 record and strong rushing stats? JJ is a threat on the field and I would be very pissed it they started giving MB 25 to 30 carries and have him get hurt or wear down at the end of the season. What they are doing is smart and I agree with it totally. Having MB with fresh legs and capable of getting 20 plus carries in the playoffs is what I want to see. Now if we start losing and can't run the ball for a stretch that is one thing but I see us at 12-4 possibly better then that with things the way they are. FF players be damned.............

I agree that they didnt lose the game because of Barber not getting the carries but giving the ball to Barber is their best chance to win their future games..... ( HOMER FROM TEXAS ) good comment from member from the class of Huddler 2001 :D

The problem the Cowboys have is NOT the ability to score points ... they have scored the second most in the NFL. The problem is their inability to prevent teams from scoring points.

and that leads to if you can run the ball you can control the clock and limit the Pats opportunities to score...a good running game is a defenses best friend...the team that beats the pats this yr will commit to the run and have WRs that are able to take advantage of their weakness(their secondary).

I'm voting that it's working so there's no need to change it. Unlerss you want the exact same split of carries but have Barber run tough in the 1st half tiring out the defenders and letting Jones' speed run in the second half. But again, I don't see anything broke about the running game now unless you are a Barber owner.