[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

London Super Bowl?

kcmast

How about instead of sending the Superbowl to London, maybe ohhhh I don't know HAVE ONE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY KNOWN AS CANADA?!?!?!?

:D

I mean I myself can't complain too much (seeing as I live just across the river from the Lions :D But it would be nice to have an NFL game (even if its not the Superbowl) played here in Canada.

Link

Horrible, Horrible idea. Can't see it ever happening

Horrible idea for sure but think about it. Hardly any fans of the two teams get to the game anyway - all the tickets are grabbed by celebrities, scalpers and the players massive posses. If it kicked off at 8:00pm London time, it would be 3:00pm on the East Coast. That's not a hugh difference to kickoff time now. The thing that militates against it is the weather. Early February in England is dull, wet and cold.

Have no doubt that the NFL would happily take a dump on the fans here to try to grab more cash abroad. They know we're always going to be back for more next year.

This is a terrible idea and should be dismissed without much more thought on the subject. The Super Bowl is the biggest thing going in this country and to ship it over to London to make a ton of euros is just dumb. I love football and I will be back next year to support my Panthers, but I would BOYCOTT the SB on TV and if other people did the same thing the ad money would be much less if the people are actually watching it on TV. I love watching the SB regardless, but should the NFL try to screw it's fans here.... I will be pissed and I am sure that I wouldn't be the only one. Other channels would up their programming to compete and it would be priceless if the some network at great program out there that would beat the London SB in the ratings. :D

Stop the :D now!

Horrible idea for sure but think about it. Hardly any fans of the two teams get to the game anyway - all the tickets are grabbed by celebrities, scalpers and the players massive posses.

Sadly there is a lot of truth in this :D

I actually watched the Pats victory over the Rams in London. Had tickets to NewOrleans but couldn't get a flight over the pond for a business meeting on Tuesday so had to give up my spot. The game started at midnight and we were running the streets of London at 4am shouting "Shocked the World"!! They don't care about American Football over there. They were up for the party but they all had there soccer shirts on & kept telling us "how lame it was and real men play futbol."

And the food sux!!

Bad idea :D

Agreed. This is a massively-retarded idea. What's next, the World Series in Paris? :D

Not comparable. Baseball is played up to 4 games in the home city of where the teams are from and the average local fan can attended games. I have been to numerous Yankee World Series games.

I personally have no problem with this idea for no other reason than the fact the the average Joe can not get tickets nor can he afford tickets to a super bowl game and even if he did chances are that his team would not be playing within driving distance of the game. I'll be watching the super bowl from my living room regardless if it's played in FL, CA or London.

Edited by Tally

Horrible idea for sure but think about it. Hardly any fans of the two teams get to the game anyway - all the tickets are grabbed by celebrities, scalpers and the players massive posses. If it kicked off at 8:00pm London time, it would be 3:00pm on the East Coast. That's not a hugh difference to kickoff time now. The thing that militates against it is the weather. Early February in England is dull, wet and cold.

Have no doubt that the NFL would happily take a dump on the fans here to try to grab more cash abroad. They know we're always going to be back for more next year.

who the hell wants to have a 3 pm super bowl party? europe will always be soccer first.. so keep the holy grail of football games in america.

Not comparable. Baseball is played up to 4 games in the home city of where the teams are from and the average local fan can attended games. I have been to numerous Yankee World Series games.

I personally have no problem with this idea for no other reason than the fact the the average Joe can not get tickets nor can he afford tickets to a super bowl game and even if he did chances are that his team would not be playing within driving distance of the game. I'll be watching the super bowl from my living room regardless if it's played in FL, CA or London.

It is comparable in that the NFL and MLB are America's two most popular sports ("America's Game" and our "National Passtime", respectively). Why take the championship games for those sports out of the country, especially to one whose citizens don't give a rat's ass about either? It's a retarded idea.

who the hell wants to have a 3 pm super bowl party? europe will always be soccer first.. so keep the holy grail of football games in america.

SB kicks off at 4:20 Eastern, usually, IIRC, so it's not that different really.

I'm not supporting this, BTW, just pointing out that it's doable. Now, if it was in Japan, that would be a whole different deal.....better not mention that option to the Commish. :D

"There's a great deal of interest in holding a Super Bowl in London," Goodell told reporters Monday. "So we'll be looking at that."

"I'll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take your butcher's word for it."

If the're willing to have the English Premeir league futbol championship in Chicago in Februrary then I'm all for it.

There is no championship game in soccer - they use leagues of 18 - 20 teams. The one on top at the end of the season is the winner. No playoffs.

Well being an american living the the UK I would love to have the SB in London. There are more Americans living here than you think. We get 7 NFL games here each Sunday. Thats not too bad for a bunch of fubol lovin Brits. Is it? The fact is that the SB can be played here and it would be a major sucess. They can charge for tickets in £ (pounds) and sell out Wembly Statdium in no time. They would double their profits on the tickets alone. Since the US dollar is so weak compred to the pound. And admit it. You would watch.

Cheers!!!

Funny, every year since I've moved from CA to the east coast, I've been irritated that the SB starts so late. It's Sunday night, I'd much rather get my heat on around noon, have the game start at 3pm and pass out at 7pm like I was able to do back in Cali. Now, the guys on the West Coast having to start at Noon, that's a different story.

The greatest unused idea for the Super Bowl is to move it to Saturday night, assuming they keep the 'bye' week. It would be the biggest party night every year.

I'd like them to do away with the bye though, for the most part when the SB has been one week after the Championship Games we've been treated to one score differentials at the end.

The greatest unused idea for the Super Bowl is to move it to Saturday night, assuming they keep the 'bye' week. It would be the biggest party night every year.

Very much agree with having the SB on Saturday. College is long since done and there's no major event clashing. Travel would be easier and there's much more time to lose the hangover and finish emitting the noxious farts that go with the SB overeating.