[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

London Super Bowl?

kcmast

I hate to say it but someday this will happen as the NFL tries to expand its product. The bottom line is that they want to get more viewers and although I am against it they may try it once to break into a population of 60,000,000. I think rugby has the foothold as the worlds violent game as England is in the finals so the NFL has to try to expand now if at all.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Heading to London for 3 years beginning in January, so I'm a bit biased.

I don't think I care where the super bowl is played, nor do I care what day or time, or even who the participants are....I will be watching the Super Bowl each and every year. And you know you will too.

The last two years, I actually travelled to Europe and watched the game in Holland. Staying up for the kick-off until Midnight was a bit of a challenge, but the dull games made staying awake the bigger challenge.

The NFl long ago forgot about the everyday fan, and instead became a huge marketing vehicle. If they can't sell you a new jersey, logo, or Chevy truck, then they would just assume run another reality show.

i love watching football, and will watch the super bowl whereever it is played. Much like believing in Santa, I long ago lost the notion that the NFl was worried about "my" needs.

Cheers...

• 16 years later...

haha  I guess it will have to start at about 11:30 pm London time because there is no way in Hell will the NFL ever allow the Superbowl to be earlier in the day here Eastern time here in the US.

IOW,  not happening.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

haha  I guess it will have to start at about 11:30 pm London time because there is no way in Hell will the NFL ever allow the Superbowl to be earlier in the day here Eastern time here in the US.

IOW,  not happening.

I don't know about that. They could start that thing at 8:00 PM London time, which means 3:00 East Cost time, 2:00 Central, and Noon on the West Coast.

I would love a 2:00 start here. Chiefs win would be over by 6:00, have a few more pops, and be in bed by 9 for work the next day.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

IOW,  not happening.

Exactly. First they need a team in London, they cannot hold a SB in Mexico or Canada either, they need a team in the host city. And I think that is way more than a decade off, unless they can find an existing team that will move there. Expansion will create all sorts of headaches for scheduling, division/conference make up, let alone the travel to/from London for teams. 

I know long ago I said we'd never have a team in LA again, mostly because it seemed like an idea that kept fizzling when it got momentum, and it was an easy way to bribe cities into giving their local teams more. 

9 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

I don't know about that. They could start that thing at 8:00 PM London time, which means 3:00 East Cost time, 2:00 Central, and Noon on the West Coast.

I would love a 2:00 start here. Chiefs win would be over by 6:00, have a few more pops, and be in bed by 9 for work the next day.

will never happen.  they want no earlier than 6;30 kickoff on east coast.  If they could make it later they would.