[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CHEATERS

cmcmeech21

I am in a standard performance league with a group of guys that all know each other but this year things are getting a little out of whack.

I started the season with Delhomme and Bulger. So after week 3 I started scouting for a new quarterback.

I have tried:

Branch 4 Rivers (before rivers "big" game and before the injury) (his other qbs are anderson and kitna) - Vetoed

Big Ben 4 Curtis and Crayton (the week after Craytons big game) (his starting qb is Manning) - Vetoed

Matt Schaub 4 Branch and Crayton (before his big game) - Declined.

Brees - will only trade for Branch and Santonio Holmes or LT for Brees and Harrison (And this is before he produced one decent game)(His starter is Farve)

I am I wrong here? I dont get it? I am trying to go after "solid" starter not over achievers or offering terry glenn for Brady!!

I think this are legit trades and I am being kept down bc with a solid quarterback I could really have a chance. Hell, I started Gus who got me NEGATIVE 11 points this week and Still Won.

My Team is

LT

L. Jordan

A. Peterson

Leonard

Wright

Moss

Holmes

Branch

Crayton

Curtis

V. Jackson

Gates

Watson

Bears

Minn

Stover

Folk

The only ones I didnt draft was Folk, V. Jackson, Wright and Leonard.

I think I am being cheated. I am offering very fair trades, i believe. Please tell me if I am wrong. Please offer any opinions.

This is why owners should have no authority to veto a trade unless it is collusive.

Play out this year & then let the league know that you don't plan on playing again next season. If you stick with the league knowing the way that the owners act, you'll have no one but yourself to blame next season when the same thing happens. If they ask why you're leaving the league, tell them exactly why and how you feel about this kind of nonsense.

Edited by Bronco Billy

As for those trades being vetoed, that is totally lame and you should avoid this league again. As for the declined trades, it's hard to fault someone for that. Lot's of guys don't like to trade. However, I can't imagine someone coveting the likes of Matt Schaub that much. Don't get me wrong, he's putting up nice enough numbers. However, even in a large league he's only a borderline starter.

I have to agree with the above. No player or commissioner should ever have the ability to veto a trade based on how they feel about it. Only collusion should nullify a trade. I would seriously consider finding another league next year.

They all look fair to me, but I see what's going on. You have a strong team it looks like to me, you could even be the top dawg right now. So they see no reason to make you stronger at your only weak spot and thus want you to give a lot to get little in hopes of weakening you. That's what I see.

Tell me your not in first place?

Edited by Hat Trick

Thanks for all the responses. Im glad I am correct in my view and feelings on this matter.

Yes, I am currently in first with a 5 - 1 record with only a couple of real threats to competition if my team keeps playing. (and if I find a QB)

ANOTHER TRADE VETOED!!!!

Big Ben for Patrick Crayton and Vincent Jackson (Trade was accepted and quickly Vetoed by this early afternoon and this was before the Chambers Nonsense)

Oh well.

Maybe I can get Briese or Huard to play for my team since they on the WW. We will see. The lower level teams with first dips have been grabbing potential useful players for weeks now so no one else can get to them. Not that it has been helping them much.

Thanks for all the responses. Im glad I am correct in my view and feelings on this matter.

Yes, I am currently in first with a 5 - 1 record with only a couple of real threats to competition if my team keeps playing. (and if I find a QB)

ANOTHER TRADE VETOED!!!!

Big Ben for Patrick Crayton and Vincent Jackson (Trade was accepted and quickly Vetoed by this early afternoon and this was before the Chambers Nonsense)

Oh well.

Maybe I can get Briese or Huard to play for my team since they on the WW. We will see. The lower level teams with first dips have been grabbing potential useful players for weeks now so no one else can get to them. Not that it has been helping them much.

Briese is on your WW and you haven't picked him up yet? :D

:D

People are vetoeing trades because they don't want to see you get any better. Especially if you are 5-1. Its just logic. I have people in league that will veto a number 4 WR for another number 4 WR. Its ridic. But the way our trades go. 5 people need to object to the trade to make it official. But at least three people object to every trade. Its a guarantee.

If they're being "vetoed" then I'd look for a new league next season. If they're getting declined, then that's another thing. But as for the offers, they're fair. No one is walking away with a one sided trade.

I have to agreed. Can you be a little more precise on who is vetoing? Or are these just people declining your offers? Because if its the league voting those down, I'd quit that league.

Edited by DKF

The rivers trade and the two big ben trades were vetoed.

The matt schaub trades was declined by his owner, which I have heard through the grapevine ... isnt bc the trades are bad but bc he doesnt want to help my team get any better. Figures he has a shot to win if I dont have a QB.

I have declined the brees (before last week performance) offers bc they are unfair or stupid... brees and harris for LT or Brees 4 S.holmes and a 5th round draft pick.

Also,

I passed up on Griese and Huard in previous weeks hoping for a trade. If only i knew what I know now.

Im only in a 10 man league, which requires only 4 "no" votes to vetoed a trade.

I am definitely not playing again next year if this stupid, stupid bs frickn rule isnt change. It used to be 6, which was fine bc only trades that were truely lopsided would get vetoed.

which I have heard through the grapevine ... isnt bc the trades are bad but bc he doesnt want to help my team get any better. Figures he has a shot to win if I dont have a QB.

And which is precisely what I suspected and said

Unfortunately, the same thing recently happened in my league. I wasn't involved in the trade, but it still seemed pretty ridiculous:

Thomas Jones (NYJ - RB) Patrick Crayton (Dal - WR) Trade (vetoed) Team 1

Brandon Marshall (Den - WR) Sammy Morris (NE - RB) Trade (vetoed) Team 2

Vetoing a trade involving a bunch of #2's and 3's (being generous)? I guess I don't understand why you would even care.

:D:D

yea......i have a cheatin commish in 1 league. and guess what hes in 1st place now :D

traded ben roethlisberger/santana moss for peyton manning/deuce mcallister (before he got hurt).......wasnt even vetoed

the commish didnt have the balls to respond when i called him out either

i drafted bulger & delhomme in that league too