[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bennett Traded

KCRob23

I would say Pittman would be a nice pick up to stash away for a couple weeks until then Graham the man.

What is the logic to support this? I don't think ability has ever been a question for Bennent (former pro-bowler/former primary/starting RB), it's his durability. It seems that Tampa Bay is looking for a short term solution at RB. I haven't seen Graham play, Pittman is a durable career journeyman; it seems like Bennet has every shot in the world to re-establish himself here.

Edited by bushwacked

Hmmm, maybe your right. But from his stat lines, he looks to atrocious. Minus one 28 yard run against St. Louis, he is barely over 3 yards per carry.

Sounds like we're talking about Benson. :D

Gruden did make a stud out of Charlie Garner....you never know how Bennett will fare......

Yes you do. Bennett blows. He has speed; that's it. No vision, no power......he MIGHT have one big game, if you're lucky. IMO he has very little value.

Any word on what we got? I'd be floored if it was anything more than a 5th round pick.

It's all subjective to what he accomplishes there, but from what I read it is a pick in 2008 and 2009.

Yes you do. Bennett blows. He has speed; that's it. No vision, no power......he MIGHT have one big game, if you're lucky. IMO he has very little value.

Holy crap I agree with BeeR on something? :D Let's not forget that Tampa hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire running the football with ANY of the RB's they've used this season.

Holy crap I agree with BeeR on something? :D Let's not forget that Tampa hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire running the football with ANY of the RB's they've used this season.

'Cause they haven't had Bennett yet. Duh....

Just kidding - I have Bennett (as LJ's backup) so I obviously am looking at this with rose-colored glasses.

Seems like most of the people here haven't really seen graham play...just looking at the stats, yeah he sucks. I saw him play these past two weeks, the 1st week...tampa got way behind early...so graham wasn't even a factor. This past week..against Tenn...holy crap..Tenn has a great run D and there were not many holes at all. When there were a couple holes.....graham was able to make extra yards....and he had a juke play on a Tenn defender that broke his ankles. I'm not saying Graham is the second coming of priest holmes....but this guy has nice hands..and he can run pretty well...when there is some space. Lets see how he does against detroit. If he falls this game...then we can truely say he's just a backup for life.

We've seen bennett play and what he can do....and he's just not that good. Most likely what will happen is that...bennett and graham will share carries within the next few weeks....but graham will get the goallines most likely.

Seems like most of the people here haven't really seen graham play...just looking at the stats, yeah he sucks. I saw him play these past two weeks, the 1st week...tampa got way behind early...so graham wasn't even a factor. This past week..against Tenn...holy crap..Tenn has a great run D and there were not many holes at all. When there were a couple holes.....graham was able to make extra yards....and he had a juke play on a Tenn defender that broke his ankles. I'm not saying Graham is the second coming of priest holmes....but this guy has nice hands..and he can run pretty well...when there is some space. Lets see how he does against detroit. If he falls this game...then we can truely say he's just a backup for life.

We've seen bennett play and what he can do....and he's just not that good. Most likely what will happen is that...bennett and graham will share carries within the next few weeks....but graham will get the goallines most likely.

Bennett has a 4.5 ypc for his career. When he is on the field he is a good back, and definitely better than Graham. His problem has been staying on the field. He's fast and elusive with good hands. He has a Pro-bowl under his belt as well..

Gruden had another RB of this type in Oakland. An undersized guy with lots of speed, good hands and ability. He had flashed his talents in Philly, but underacheived, then went to Oakland. He became lightning in a bottle for a couple of seasons with a team consisting of over the hill, but solid, WRs and an aging, mobile QB who didn't turn the ball over. Now I'm not saying Bennett is the next Charlie Garner, but the potential is there given the situation...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE