[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Tom Brady the best QB ever?

baffleck

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he break the TD record this year and/or wins another super bowl and/or goes undefeated this season then I will say hes the best ever. If he doesnt he is def top 3.

But to be honest look at my criteria. The fact that I am thinking anyone of those are possible this early in the season says ALOT!

Yes.

After he wins the super bowl this year no one will even be able to make the argument.

Winning a Super Bowl is a team effort. While those rings support Brady's case, they don't anoint him as the best ever.

Brady has a long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Favre.

Winning a Super Bowl is a team effort. While those rings support Brady's case, they don't anoint him as the best ever.

Brady has a long way to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Favre.

I disagree totally. Right now as it stands I personally would vote Brady above Favre. Favre isnt even on my top 5 list.

Tought to gauge the best QB of all time since some were graced with better systems and better players surrounding them,not to mention I never watched Unitas or Namath play every week on TV.

But all that aside,with 2 minutes left in the game if I had to choose a quarterback to get my team in the end zone,Peyton Manning would be my first choice.

I disagree totally. Right now as it stands I personally would vote Brady above Favre. Favre isnt even on my top 5 list.

There's no doubt that Brady is better than a 38-year-old Favre. But career-wise, it isn't even close...

30-TD seasons: Favre 8, Brady 0

3500-yd seasons: Favre 12, Brady 5

Career passing yds: Favre 59215, Brady 23335

Career passing TDs: Favre 423, Brady 168 (!)

League MVPs: Favre 3, Brady 0

Pro Bowls: Favre 8, Brady 3

Consider also that Favre is on his FOURTH head coach and that almost all of his teammates from that SB team have retired... yet Brett has been consistently good and was still an elite passer at age 35 (AND he may reach 30 TDs again this year!). It's not even close.

There's no doubt that Brady is better than a 38-year-old Favre. But career-wise, it isn't even close...

30-TD seasons: Favre 8, Brady 0

3500-yd seasons: Favre 12, Brady 5

Career passing yds: Favre 59215, Brady 23335

Career passing TDs: Favre 423, Brady 168 (!)

League MVPs: Favre 3, Brady 0

Pro Bowls: Favre 8, Brady 3

Consider also that Favre is on his FOURTH head coach and that almost all of his teammates from that SB team have retired... yet Brett has been consistently good and was still an elite passer at age 35 (AND he may reach 30 TDs again this year!). It's not even close.

I respect your opinion. I agree we disagree.

I would love to compare all stats when both are retired. I think Favre is an all tiem great I just think Brady is slightly better.

I respect your opinion. I agree we disagree.

I would love to compare all stats when both are retired. I think Favre is an all tiem great I just think Brady is slightly better.

I don't agree that Montana, Young, or even Peyton are better QBs than Favre either. But we can agree to disagree.