[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Tom Brady the best QB ever?

baffleck

Consider also that Favre is on his FOURTH head coach and that almost all of his teammates from that SB team have retired... yet Brett has been consistently good and was still an elite passer at age 35 (AND he may reach 30 TDs again this year!). It's not even close.

Actually 5th.

Glanville did not like him and got him traded to GB.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually 5th.

Glanville did not like him and got him traded to GB.

My bad. Jerry Glanville sure was a genius. He's the HC of the storied football program at Portland State now. :D

Fran Terkenton and Warren Moon are noticeably absent from this conversation as well.

Agreed. You absolutely CANNOT have a conversation about the "greatest QB ever" without bringing up Unitas, Tarkenton, and probably Otto Graham as well. Those guys are all Top 10, and arguably Top 5.

Montana

Baugh

Unitas

Starr

Graham

Young

Favor

and about a zillion more should be listed above the vaunted Brady as the guy hasn't hardly started his career. Let's see how all this comes out in the wash when he is done. Maybe I will change my mind.... but he has some more milage that needs to be put on before we can annoint him GOD.

I will admit though.... just so I won't get a whole lot of crying from Brady deifiers.... it is all about winning...nothing else matters but winning..and he seems to be able to do that.

As far as my previous post goes.... there never seems to be a sarcasm (or irony) emoticon around when you need one. *sigh*

Montana

Baugh

Unitas

Starr

Graham

Young

Favor

and about a zillion more should be listed above the vaunted Brady as the guy hasn't hardly started his career. Let's see how all this comes out in the wash when he is done. Maybe I will change my mind.... but he has some more milage that needs to be put on before we can annoint him GOD.

I will admit though.... just so I won't get a whole lot of crying from Brady deifiers.... it is all about winning...nothing else matters but winning..and he seems to be able to do that.

As far as my previous post goes.... there never seems to be a sarcasm (or irony) emoticon around when you need one. *sigh*

i got it :D

Otto Graham.

If you judge a qb by winning pct. above all else, and I typically do, then Graham has to be considered the greatest of all time. BUT...how many of us have watched him play? I can really only rate players that I've personally watched.

The good thing about Graham and Don Hutson is that you can use them as trump cards during arguments. A case can be made that both are the best ever at their position

Take Belichick away from him and he is just Jim Everritt with a better arm and hotter women :D

Records are always up for debate because of rule changes and longer seasons.. Now IF we were debating who was the best QB drafted in the SIXTH round then, yes, he is the greatest..

Let him pick a fight with Jim Rome and lets judge him then

Edited by Mark5

Marino

Elway

Young

Brady

Montana

P Manning

All above Favre IMO (and yes 2 people are alot younger and still playing)

Montana should be at the top. After his injury he wasn't even given a chance to get his job back. While playing for KC he beat Elway in a final second Mon. nite game that was a classic in 93. He of all the players mentioned was the only one to go to a new team and still be just as capable and exciting. All the afore mentioned players stayed with the same team their whole careers. Montana was the only one who had to go somewhere else.

Montana should be at the top. After his injury he wasn't even given a chance to get his job back. While playing for KC he beat Elway in a final second Mon. nite game that was a classic in 93. He of all the players mentioned was the only one to go to a new team and still be just as capable and exciting. All the afore mentioned players stayed with the same team their whole careers. Montana was the only one who had to go somewhere else.

Favre has gone the equivalent of two or three completely different coaching staffs and teammates in GB and has produced at a high level in all.

to me...the very top tier, all relatively equal but you can make arguments for each:

marino, montana, elway, unitas, manning

just a notch below that:

favre, brady, young, tarkenton, graham

i would also say that brady has a chance to move up a rung, and manning has a chance to move up into his own class.

Take Belichick away from him and he is just Jim Everritt with a better arm and hotter women :D

Records are always up for debate because of rule changes and longer seasons.. Now IF we were debating who was the best QB drafted in the SIXTH round then, yes, he is the greatest..

Let him pick a fight with Jim Rome and lets judge him then

Jim "Chris" Everett :D