[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Sammy Morris Done

Caveman_Nick

Not that I need to warn you all....you know the drill......but remember that Faulk has had his chances before at being the primary RB. He doesn't want it. (Correct me if I'm wrong....but I think he's actually stated as much outloud). He likes his backup/change of pace/pass catching role. He's never been able to accel at being the #1 RB, no matter how strong the OLine is.

I think they hurry Maroney back and rely more on Brady and his WRs. And a couple end-arounds to Welker and Stallworth.....lol.

Please update this throughout the day as anything becomes more substantiated than a rumor.

Our waiver wire runs tonight at 10pm and if there's any truth to this, I'm going to pony up a good chunk of my fake waiver wire money allottment for Faulk.

Maroney.....meh...

I will confirm when I hear something. Feel free to do your own digging if it's that important to you.....it was posted as a rumor as something heard so more than one person could try to confirm it :D

Screw that! That would take effort...I want someone else to do it for me.

Actually I looked around on the net, but I have been unable to confirm anything. All info just says undisclosed chest/shoulder injury.

Please update this throughout the day as anything becomes more substantiated than a rumor.

Our waiver wire runs tonight at 10pm and if there's any truth to this, I'm going to pony up a good chunk of my fake waiver wire money allottment for Faulk.

Maroney.....meh...

What Bunz posts it accurate (then again this is the Pats), they could give their 4th stringer the start. I'd pretty much have no other options before I waste a ton of WW cash for Faulk....

from ESPN.com:

The Hartford Courant is reporting that Morris left the locker room with his left arm in a sling, suggesting that his shoulder is involved in the injury. The chest muscles and shoulder are closely related (remember Joseph Addai was originally reported to have a shoulder injury that then was called a chest injury), so this is not altogether surprising. We will try to get more specific information as it comes available.

Current theory around the Innernets is what Nick said above, a collarbone. Having an arm in a sling would certainly be a treatment for that.

Edited by cre8tiff

I've been a big Faulk fan for years, saying often he's the best #4 RB out there and the perfect fill in for a bye issue.

That being said, his ceiling is so well established I cannot see this as a major bump for the guy. Still too many weapons and he's simply not a bruiser. He's a Richie Anderson type who's god for 50 yards and the more than occasional TD.

He is NOT an everydown back.