[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Sammy Morris Done

Caveman_Nick

Current theory around the Innernets is what Nick said above, a collarbone. Having an arm in a sling would certainly be a treatment for that.

When his lineman crushed down on him, it looked like it would be his collarbone.

I don't think its all Maroney's fault he is being rested....they obviously don't need a power-rushing attack to win at the moment...they can move the ball thru the air with ease.

When will they need a power RB? In December, in Foxboro....they are taking no chances, IMO.

They needed Maroney in Indy last January and he was ineffective while playing through injuries.

I'm sure that they're being overly-cautious with him, but he couldn't keep from getting banged up in an RBBC system with, IIRC, less than 200 carries last year. I'd expect Belichick to sign another halfback soon. I wonder if Dillon would be interested in returning. :D

I don't think its all Maroney's fault he is being rested....they obviously don't need a power-rushing attack to win at the moment...they can move the ball thru the air with ease.

When will they need a power RB? In December, in Foxboro....they are taking no chances, IMO.

Since when is Maroney a power rusher?

They needed Maroney in Indy last January and he was ineffective while playing through injuries.

Exactly why they are resting him now, so he doesn't have to play thru injuries.

Since when is Maroney a power rusher?

He's a pretty big boy....as power an RB as there is on NE. I don't think they's hesitate giving him the ball 25 times on a snowy January in Boston.

But he needs to be healthy to get their 1st, and I think NE learned their lesson last year...